Author Topic: UGP - a Star Wars WORLD! - news thread  (Read 44171 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - a Star Wars WORLD!
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38 PM »

I think we need a "secretary" to go through and chronical all these ideas that are being thrown in.

I went through and came up with this,
Era between ROTS and ANH
Wilderness on the edge of the city
A wall that divides the wilderness from the city
A town with an imperial outpost/garrision
A local "police force" allied with the empire
An imperial patrol in the wilderness
A guerillia force in the town, sort of a precursor to the full rebellion
A guerilla base in the wilderness
A possible imperial outpost done by Owen
Tatooine style(concerning inhabitants)
Lots of crime
Possible buildings: Catianas, rebel strongholds, crime lord palaces, shops, hangars, spaceport
That's all I saw so far.

EDIT:  Dressel Rebel, C4 is in LA.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:38 PM by CloneCommander1 »
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21 AM »

I think we need a "secretary" to go through and chronical all these ideas that are being thrown in.

Era between ROTS and ANH
Lots of crime
Possible buildings: Catianas, rebel strongholds, crime lord palaces, shops, hangars, spaceport
That's all I saw so far.

Well ****.  If you want to do Planet Dressel with Dresselian guerrillas taking out stormies, we're already 80% there  ;)

However, being in L.A., i'm out. 

Good luck.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 12:34 AM »
What's teamspeak?

Teamspeak is a chat room service via microphone. I use it all the time for online gaming and it works pretty well. I'll email you soon. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:27 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006, 12:48 AM »
I think it'd be cool if we were to make a few poster boards that have the name or nickname and a picture of everyone who participates that way everybody gets the credit they deserve. :)

Era between ROTS and ANH
Lots of crime
That's all I saw so far.

Well ****. If you want to do Planet Dressel with Dresselian guerrillas taking out stormies, we're already 80% there ;)

However, being in L.A., i'm out.

Good luck.

There are still plenty of ways you could help even if you can't go. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 12:51 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I know it's still early, but one thing I think it would be nice to decide on is what phase of Imperial armor the troops will have... I think it should be consitent...

Should it be Phase 2 as seen in ROTS, or the helmets the Stormtroopers wear in the OT?  I'd love for them to have on OT helmets, but realize getting Phase 2 troopers would be a lot easier.  Plus those are really damn popular.

:)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 02:00 AM »
Really awesome idea. Just had the time to go through the post now. I would love to help in anyway I can.

How about a Jedi purge type time frame after ROTS. Have a band of Jedi chased by the 501st and maybe Vader too? Or somthing like that. I like the town them too. Jedi staged revolt on some back water planet.

This is cool. I can't wait to get some things lock down and see the work.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 02:08 AM »

Era between ROTS and ANH
Lots of crime
That's all I saw so far.

EDIT: Dressel Rebel, C4 is in LA.

In stead of going fanfic there is a city that fits all of these requirements but you can go your own way on alot of it as it is from the novels.

Coronet City on Corellia.

Has an Imperial Endorsed government- Diktat Governor-General/Sector Moff
Has a local police allied with Imps- Corellian Security Force/One CorSec Plaza HQ
Part of the birth of the Rebellion- Corellian Treaty/Garm Bel Iblis
Criminals- Com'n everyone knows about Corellian Smugglers and Moff Firly Vorru's Golden Age
Wilderness- Seaside city and has woods areas around it- Corellian Sand Panther as a possible
creature for someone to design.
Coronet Space Port for the hangars and Space port area.
As for structures you can go pretty much your own way.  But we should make the Treasure Ship Row market place and all of its interesting Characters that would fit a Tatooine feel.
And you can easily make it in the ROTS-ANH era
As for a jedi purge CorSec was used to hunt down fugitive Jedi

The only images of Coronet are in comics but we all know how inaccurate and contradictory they can be i.e. ARC trooper.  So we have a lot of free reign in this one plus it is a recognizable place- Han Solo's home town, (young 9-12 year old Han Solo Figure anyone?).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:35 AM by VF/501 »
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 02:14 AM »
Personally I'd love for it to be OT. Clones are good and all but it is the 30th aniversary next year and I think OT would fit the occasion better. I'm sure we could round up enough VOTC Stormtroopers and SAGA2 Sandies or Biker Scouts to make for a sizeable enough Imperial army. Besides it really only needs to be a small outpost not a full battillion of troopers. The more and more I think about it 1 Ping pong table will not be nearly enough space to fit in everything we are talking about making. I think we are going to need around 2 or 3.
"This is the way."

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006, 09:59 AM »
I know it's still early, but one thing I think it would be nice to decide on is what phase of Imperial armor the troops will have... I think it should be consitent...

Should it be Phase 2 as seen in ROTS, or the helmets the Stormtroopers wear in the OT?  I'd love for them to have on OT helmets, but realize getting Phase 2 troopers would be a lot easier.  Plus those are really damn popular.

You did some hybrid troopers, mixing them between the prequel and OT... i think that would work beautifully for this.
That way w arent just repainting clones, we are transitioning them. Any Stormtroopers would be the "first batch" of these new model troopers.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 10:00 AM »
SWEETness... 4 pages already, lol.. I'd love to help on this, I was actually thinking about this last night, one thing I'd like to see done is make sure we have someone incharge of certain things like the certain "armies" or types of "people" we'll have populating the diorama.
One thing I'd hate is for thngs to get started and when people start submit, you get 100 people sending you clone trooeprs with plaint splotches thrown on them...

I say get a couple "Team Leaders", have them incharge of certain factions, and set limits..
I'm not too versed in GAR military procedures and specifications(though, I have a insider somewhere that has some stuff in it)... but I'd like to see a cap on the amount of troops.
I'm all for the time frame between RotS and the OT, and if you think about it, it'd be perfect cause of what they'll have in store for us at C4(the new animated series and the live action series)...
I'd be all for helping out getting things started and sorted out... I'm a stay-at-home-dad, I only work part time on Tuesdays and the weekends... so I'd have the time.

I like Chewies idea about Owens work.. and I'd be all for chipping in a good $50 for it.. but like someone stated, I think there should be a cap on that.

I think before we continue to throw out ideas, we decide on the 2 main things...TIME PERIOD and PLANET.
Once we get those settled, I think we can go from there...
How about a couple polls on the different boards to get that settled and then we can move on?

You did some hybrid troopers, mixing them between the prequel and OT... i think that would work beautifully for this.
That way w arent just repainting clones, we are transitioning them. Any Stormtroopers would be the "first batch" of these new model troopers.
I think this could be a good idea.. maybe we could all agree on a set look, that way they look semi-uniform... lol.. amd maybe have a couple stragglers off to the side...
I could see a Jango series, all old and grey sitting in a cantina drinking away his sorrows, lol.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 10:03 AM by Joerhyno »
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Nice idea!  I can at least contribute a couple figure customs, probably inhabitants.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Hmmmm.... I have some Commtech Stormies that I wasn't sure what to do with, maybe I'll try and customize them a bit to see if you guys like the look I come up with.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006, 11:16 AM »
I was actually thinking.. what if we did a Stormie helmet on a clone body?
I can see if I can put in a request for an order of say..
20 of these?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:19 AM by Joerhyno »
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2006, 12:49 PM »
Maybe Mr. Master Phruby would like to compile a list of ideas for where and time frame and we vote? Do to this being a group project. What to you guys think?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2006, 05:21 PM »
OK publicity for this project is up, over at www.thesithempire.net so hopefully we'll get a few more people in on this thing.