Author Topic: Collection Losses  (Read 11107 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Collection Losses
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:41 AM »
It's funny how you can drop a figure, or one falls off a shelf and the weapons are just gone...

The funniest damn thing happened tonight too.  A friend came over and we were in my Star Wars room talking about stuff, and I pointed out that the Zam Wesell figure's arm was missing, that she had fallen over and her arm disappeared...

Right then, he says "There it is."

There is a magnet at the end of the arm, and it was sticking to the shelf about a foot from the floor.  The shelves are metal.  Funny, especially since I just ordered a new Zam Wesell last week.

:)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 11:45 AM »
My son somtimes asks to play with my figures and for the life of me, I can't say no.  After he goes to bed I recover the figures and place them back on the shelves.

His favorite figure (now) is the animated CW Dooku - well lo and behold, you can guess what happened.

I must've forgotten to recover the figure because now I can't find him anywhere.  The thing with Chase is he likes to "hide" his toys.  We're talking plants, closets, magazine baskets - crazy places.

Oh well, could've been worse I guess - could have been a missing shock trooper or VOTC stomie!

:D

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 02:03 PM »
I remember losing Yoda's cane back '85 or something  :-[. Apparently it got sucked in by the vacuum cleaner. My mom even turned the whole thing inside out, but the Lost Cane was never seen again...

And I lost some more vintage weapons, like both pikes of my two Royal Guards. They broke in two and glueing didn't work.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 02:20 PM »
Shoulda force choked him and did the Jedi mind trick on him and brought the pilot back to Cloud City.

Forget that... he deserved a punch in the stomach and a hair pull followed by the dreaded "typewriter"  :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:20 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 02:16 PM »
Well this is all to common of a story.  But my mom, when I was younger of course, decided to purge my closet of some toys for a garage without asking my permission.  She ended up selling my complete vintage 12 inch IG-88 and Boba Fett.  But of course left my rag-tag 12 inch Chewie with one arm dangling on it's rubber band by a thread.   

I was mad about it then.  Then several years ago I mentioned it to mom.  She saw much both had shot up on the secondary market.  At that time Boba was over $100 and IG-88 was over $300.  This was before Ebay. 

Anyway, my mom and dad bought me both figures for me shortly after that.  Pretty cool on their part I thought :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 03:23 PM »
When my girlfriend decided to go to graduate school, we put a desk underneath my main loose figure shelf area. 

Figures fall off all the time - if you close the door too quickly, after a dusting or re-arranging etc...

So anyway, one time one fell and I found the gun but couldn't find the figure anywhere.  I assumed it had fallen under the bed or something.

A day later, he turns up - at the bottom of a coffee mug, limbs stained brown as hell, torso fresh white.

Had to toss that one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 03:27 PM »
A lot of the vintage stuff I lost through the years when it wasn't with me in college - when my younger brother inherited stuff while I was away.  I actually used to keep all my weapons in those little cases included at the end of the Chewbacca bandolier figure holder dealie.  I'm sure I lost a couple, but for the most part, I kept them in there.  When I came back and picked up/dug out my Star Wars stuff - not a weapon was to be found, and there were a couple figures missing here and there too.  Most are in really played with condition, but its still fun to hang onto them.  I've had weird stories of modern stuff falling off shelves and weapons flying to God knows where.  They usually show up eventually, but it will be in the strangest places sometimes.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I have lost a lot of weapons that eventually turn up.  But there are two things I have never recoved.  1st and most important is my Vintage AT-AT.  When I came to the states for college it was in my bedroom.  A few years later it was not. That was the only vintage vehicle that survived my childhood and yet it did not survive the college years.  I have pieces of playsets but that is about it.

Also the little green missle from the AOTC clone pilot's turret that you can hook up to a gunship.  I have 4 pilots and all 4 turrets are on two gunships.  I lost one of the rockets 2 years ago and I still cannot find it.  I know it is something insignificant but it really chaps my...
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Actually, I remember about a year ago, I noticed one of the front guns on my AOTC Gunship was missing... that pissed me off royally.  Eventually one day when rearranging a diorama, I found it on the other side of the room.  I guess the spring action on the gun went off.

:)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 07:36 PM »
If I recall correctly, the Emperor was offered as a mail away figure for ROTJ, no?  Be that as it may I remember bringing him with me for show & tell or whatever it was called in kindergarten and I lost his cane 3 or 4 times that day out in the playground which kept me frustrated for most of the day until I lost it for the last time in the grass when I ultimately gave up on finding it again.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 07:51 PM »
I just broke my POTFII Hammerhead's neck this month, after I got TSC HH. :'(

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 09:19 PM »
on purpose?  I know the new HH is a much better sculpt but for nostalgic reasons I am keeping the old one. 
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 09:47 PM »
on purpose?  I know the new HH is a much better sculpt but for nostalgic reasons I am keeping the old one. 

No, I loved him. I think his neck joint was always stiff; I'm not actually sure that I didn't break in the past, but I definitely noticed it for the first time this month. I was comparing the 2 Hammerheads after buying the new one; I twisted too hard, trying to loosen that joint, and noticed a good tear in neck. :( I guess he'll live if I stop messing with his head. He can still hang out in the cantina. I might buy the retool/redeco that came with the stool, too. You can never have enough hammerhead cantina patrons. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 11:33 PM »
I guess the spring action on the gun went off.

"Baby, I swear this doesn't happen often!"

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 11:37 AM »
I guess he'll live if I stop messing with his head. He can still hang out in the cantina.

The head came off. :(