Author Topic: Figures with Micro Machines  (Read 2427 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Figures with Micro Machines
« on: May 21, 2003, 12:07 PM »
Two great tastes that go great together!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I collected both Hasbro's 3 3/4" line and Galoob's MicroMachines. Given the "soft market" for micro scale toys (although Playmates is launching Speedeez and Mattel has just introduced its own new line of micro Hot Wheels), I was thinking of a way I could get my figures and micros in the same package.

I miss Micro Machines, and I love that Hasbro has put a new emphasis on decent pack-ins with their figures. I was thinking Hasbro could start offering MicroMachine vehicles as pack-ins with 3 3/4" scale figures, sort of like the Darth Maul with Sith Infiltrator in the Episode I line.

I think this would be a natural for figures that are tough to accessorize. For instance, Lama Su was a cool character (the figure could have been taller), but how much cooler would it have been to include one of those flying whale beasties instead of any empty jar o' clone? Same with Zam Wesell, who easily should have included her micro Speeder.

The upcoming rumored ANH Luke and Vader repacks could come with a micro Landspeeder and TIE fighter respectively. Battledroids could come with micro scale versions of Hailfire Droids and Spider Droids while Clone Troopers could come with Republic Gunships and AT-TEs.

Anyone else wild about this idea?
Post sober.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Figures with Micro Machines
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 12:35 PM »
That's a GREAT idea!  I'm all for it.
dustrho

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2003, 02:54 PM »
Gee, Chris, with the swell of enthusiasm for this idea, it's no wonder Action Fleet is going the way of the dodo. You think Hasbro will make some ships just for the two of us?  :-\

(And here I thought a Clone Trooper packed with an AT-TE Micro Machine was a good idea.)
Post sober.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2003, 03:12 PM »
The trophy figure thing was a cool concept... though not a long lasting one at all. Though I do like my accessories w/ figures.

They totally over produced the Maul and therefore we never saw the uber cool Obi Wan w/ slicked hair... and very slick 00M-9 resculpt.

I think though someday... someday...

The Micro Line is actually coming back... and I believe that's where Andy is off to soon. I think we could see SW Micros comeback at some point... but that is a big "could"...

Hasbro killed the reluanched AF line themselves. I mean we got 4 nice pieces out of 11... not good odds at all.

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2003, 03:18 PM »
I was at Target on a semi-related note and saw...

Pseudo Lego's with GI Joes packed in with them...since Hasbro has no creative bone left in their body...I thought, huh how long until they try and cross promote this with a Micromachine approach instead...

Read the news at GH and looks like no dice.  Too bad Lego has the construct-a-vehicle license because the Joe sets looks kinda cool

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2003, 03:34 PM »
Read the news at GH and looks like no dice.

Yeah, but keep in mind that they are talking the AF line... whereas the Micro line is a seperate entity itself. I doubt we'll see a SW Micro comeback... but I also never thought I'd see a Joe Lego-ish cross promo either.

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan