Author Topic: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter  (Read 23863 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006, 08:56 PM »
I personally didn't mind the pricetag as much, but bearing in mind that I go only for ships that are to-scale, and the new TIE is just that...  COmparing it to the film prop (nearly to-scale itself) is a thing of beauty really...  To me.

The wings I don't believe sag all that much either...  There is room for improvement there but it's not terrible and since mine sit on their solar panels the effect isn't an issue for me.  I can strengthen them too if I want, but it'll take some work I'm afraid.

Of course...  I'd do without a TIE if this one didn't exist.  LIke I said if it's not to-scale I don't want it at this point, so I'm saving money by NOT buying stuff such as the new AT-AT or the SNowspeeder...  So I've got some change floating around for TIE Fighters I wouldn't have if I wanted other ships.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 1, 2006, 10:50 AM »
I personally didn't mind the pricetag as much, but bearing in mind that I go only for ships that are to-scale, and the new TIE is just that...  COmparing it to the film prop (nearly to-scale itself) is a thing of beauty really...  To me.

Same here. The problem I have is the fact that one is tempted to get several, but the size makes that impractical.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2006, 04:52 PM »
I found a pair of these at TRU today, passed on it at Target last year and still passed on it at TRU.  I just don't want to spend $45 for this.

I may not be able to hold out much longer though.

I'm not sure if there's still a debate, but this time, unlike with Target, the TRU version is the better OTC pilot.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2006, 11:09 PM »
I wasn't sure on that DR, so that's good news...  Thanks for that info on it.

Glad to see them FINALLY abandoning the old sculpt. :)  Took long enough.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2006, 11:23 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised to see the OTC TIE Pilot is packaged with this vehicle.  Admittedly the package is very cool, too.  But the paint job didn't look that great to me.  It almost seems like you can see brushstrokes in the paintjob, and that's not very appealing to me.  That combined with the $45 price tag has me holding off on this particular TIE for the time being.  I'm kind of curious though, was the Target release of the larger TIE Fighter quite this expensive?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 2, 2006, 03:40 PM »
The Target version was $40, but a lot of people snagged them on clearance for... I want to say $20-ish?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 2, 2006, 05:51 PM »
The Target version was $29.99 when it first came out - not clearance priced.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 2, 2006, 06:44 PM »

It was $39.99.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 2, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I paid 40 for mine as well, and never saw them hit clearance (I'm sure they did somwhere, I just wasn't that lucky  ;) _

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 2, 2006, 08:21 PM »

It was $39.99.

Mine rang up at $29.99 for some reason when I used the DCPI thing.  Only bought one before they hit the shelves.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: September 2, 2006, 09:43 PM »

It was $39.99.

Mine rang up at $29.99 for some reason when I used the DCPI thing. Only bought one before they hit the shelves.

Sounds like you got lucky then. :)

They rang up for $39.99 around here, and I used the DCPI trick too.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Yeah, $40 here.  I got a 2nd for I think $30...  At least I don't THINK I paid full price for my 2nd...  I'd love a third of it for cheap but I'll wait and see what prices do on that one.

The new one's nice for a grey ANH fighter...  Nice to see they got the color right too as far as the shade of grey, and not "white" like it's commonly mistaken to be...  It's a fairly dark color overall.  The damage isn't the best but it's better than purely clean too.  The props aren't spick and span either so it is what it is I guess...  The TIE Bombers could've used a little black wash in there themselves.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 3, 2006, 09:14 AM »
The new hatch (on the smaller one) is Hasbro's version of Malibu Stacy with a new hat.

Absolutely!

The TRU I was at yesterday had 6 of these out, and the pricetag, presence of the gunship, X wing, and basic ships makes me think they will be around for those that want them.

I have 2 of the Target version. I just pulled out POTF2 Darth's TIE, and they are a good enough match for me. I wish Darth's wings were a little bigger, but I am done with buying multiples of the imperial ships each time they re-release them. The sloppiness of the wing attachments really bothers me when I move these around-

It is another example of fixing something half-way, with the expectation that 1) we will buy it anyway and 2) they can make small improvements to it later and we will buy it again. This smacks of built-in-obsolescence, and I don't appreciate it. And now a new hatch on a white version? Please.

I am glad the X wing got the treatment it did. And I like Mace's starfighter as it will go nice next to Mace and the purple reign troops when that exclusive comes out. But to say I am tired of seeing re-hashed ships and figures while I hear over and over that playsets won't sell is really driving me away from Hasbro products in general is an understatement.

Ships are like playsets. They are props for the figures. I want more (and different) props for my figures, not new lipstick on the same old pig. I put my big rant on that topic in the Hey Hasbro section, so I won't repeat it verbatim here. My boxes of figures are waiting for a reason to come out. And my wallet is clearly focused on medicom and gentle giant, because Hasbro doesn't want to make what I want to buy.

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 6, 2006, 04:51 AM »
I picked mine up tonight and it is my first tie fighter in my collection.  Like most of you, I will not buy another rehash down the line.  Well, unless the damn thing can fly on it's own. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 8, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I found a pair of these at TRU today, passed on it at Target last year and still passed on it at TRU.  I just don't want to spend $45 for this.

I may not be able to hold out much longer though.

I'm not sure if there's still a debate, but this time, unlike with Target, the TRU version is the better OTC pilot.

There must something wrong with the 2 TRU's I went to over the weekend then because they both had the TIE's and they both had the old POTF2 version with the newer sculpt blaster.  If there's a version out there with the OTC fig inside I'll be waiting to find those before getting the ones I saw over the weekend.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge