Author Topic: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter  (Read 23864 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2006, 07:44 PM »
That sounds cool though.  When a sale/clearance hits you will be lucky.  My TRU only has about 4 of these, 6 AT-ATs, 2 Dagobah X-wings and no clone gunships.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2006, 08:24 PM »
i want a clone gunship sale havnt got one because i dont want to spend 50 bucks on a ship i dont hav the figs to fill with  :(  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2006, 09:20 AM »
The price tag on the gunship is too much IMO.  The regular ROTS one was $30 even though the AOTC one was $40 and it is all the same damn thing.

EDIT:  Hey I love this vehicle do not get me wrong.  I have 4 on display, 3 of them are different paint jobs.  What I do not get is why BigH keeps shifting the price around even for non exclusive repaints.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:21 AM by Gatillo »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2006, 12:15 PM »
I think the TIE is a little too expensive, especially after all the money Hasbro raked in on 5 releases of the poorly-scaled-wing TIE, the same wings they were using since 1977.  They should have cut us a little break on this TIE with proper wings, since it's release was basically an admission that the previous 5 releases were pieces of garbage.  Bought the TIE though.

The gunship, I agree Gatillo, is also a tad overpriced.  Passed on the gunship.

However, the grandaddy of all rip offs is that AT-AT.  Holy cow what a piece of 26 year old junk that is.  $89.99 plus tax?  When it's pried from my cold, dead hand Hasbro.  Not a minute sooner.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Just for the record, I have never seen the OTC Pilot varient, and it's not for a lack of looking. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I'm a little surprised I guess, but these are the only ones of the TRU exclusive ships that are still on the shelves here.  The Dagobah X-Wings have sold out (actually saw a couple of "moms" picking these up during the Christmas shopping rush last week), I only saw a couple of the Gunships there which are now gone, and even the $90 AT-AT sold out quite awhile ago.  Last time I was at TRU there were still a few of the TIEs on the shelves.  I'd like to get one, but just can't spend $45 for it.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Same here.  I cannot justify dropping 45 on this when I can get another Shuttle for 60.  And the gunship is/was also 45 but that has more plastic and more play/display value to it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2006, 06:15 PM »
I'm a little surprised I guess, but these are the only ones of the TRU exclusive ships that are still on the shelves here.  The Dagobah X-Wings have sold out (actually saw a couple of "moms" picking these up during the Christmas shopping rush last week), I only saw a couple of the Gunships there which are now gone, and even the $90 AT-AT sold out quite awhile ago.  Last time I was at TRU there were still a few of the TIEs on the shelves.  I'd like to get one, but just can't spend $45 for it.

It's the opposite in my hood in NY.  Tons of X-Wings, no TIE's.  Personally, I bought TIE but not the X-Wing.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda