Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263139 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Awesome-my account will be empty  :-\  I hope Hasbro runs with this idea and doesn't cancel a good thing like they did with the Evo packs before it even got off the ground.  I'm realllllly getting excited for the Mara and seeing what's in store for her.  Any body hear any rumors as to her pack mate?  If A'shad is in the mix whose his mate as well?  It'll have to be someone that's in the same comic so I guess it'll depend on what comic it is, or vice versa.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I imagine Mara will come with some version of Luke, unless they go nuts and throw Karde in there or something.  Depends on which version of her they do, I guess.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2007, 03:57 PM »
I imagine Mara will come with some version of Luke, unless they go nuts and throw Karde in there or something.  Depends on which version of her they do, I guess.

Woah, Mara Jade and Talon Karrde - I'd buy it in a heartbeat, that series by Timothy Zahn is still the best that I've read.  Brand new sculpts of Grand Admiral Thrawn and Kyle Katarn would be nice too.

The Rogue Squadron books were pretty good as well - I'd like to see Corran Horn and Ysanne Isard.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2007, 05:45 PM »
I'd like to see Corran with Mirax, if they were 2-packing this one. Isard was a cool character, but given the Imperial Conference set, I'd like to balance out the Imperials with a smuggler/rebel this year. Mirax would also help fill the female void.

I got the Kanos/Jax pack recently, and thought I'd wait to see where this line goes before getting the retail sets. Seeing Vos, Luke, and Alpha, I think I'll bite.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Can anybody tell which lightsaber Obi has?  Not sure which saber he had in the comic either.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2007, 06:39 PM »
I'm realllllly getting excited for the Mara and seeing what's in store for her.  Any body hear any rumors as to her pack mate?  If A'shad is in the mix whose his mate as well?  It'll have to be someone that's in the same comic so I guess it'll depend on what comic it is, or vice versa.

The info on Mara says Mara vs Lu so alot of people are saying it's either regular Luke or his clone Luuke. She fights both.

For A'sharad I believe it supposed to be another Anakin.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2007, 06:40 PM »
Can anybody tell which lightsaber Obi has?  Not sure which saber he had in the comic either.

He has his AOTC saber.
I remember my dream now.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2007, 09:55 PM »

Brand new sculpts of Grand Admiral Thrawn and Kyle Katarn would be nice too.

The Rogue Squadron books were pretty good as well - I'd like to see Corran Horn and Ysanne Isard.

i think ysanne isard would be great! RS made it sound like theyre doing thrawn in 08, because even though he won the EU category he wasnt eligible for Saga Legends voting. i like his little ysalimiri, its a cool accesory and a cute one too.  ;D  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2007, 10:52 AM »
I was just thinking about this today - although I'll admit I haven't been out looking quite as much this month, with being pretty much caught up for now, I haven't seen a single comic pack at any of the "big 3" of Target, WM, and TRU since the end of December.  I found all three right at the end of the year at Target, and aside from seeing a lone Vader/Trooper pack at WM a day or two after that, I haven't seen a single one since.  I'm sure I'm in the minority, but they have been somewhat a tough find around here so far.  I found the ones I wanted (although I would maybe pick up another Han/Chewie one for the carded collection if I saw one), so I'm not complaining - just something I noticed.  Wait until Wave 2 is supposed to be hitting, and I'll be complaining that there's nothing but Series 1 packs clogging the pegs :).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2007, 11:08 AM »

That wouldn't surprise me, considering the comic where Annakin and Hett have to go on their own mission. Annakin's hatred is quelled when Hett reveals to him that sand people are humans. Would be really cool if Hasbro had a removeable mask feature for Hett-AND they got his facial tattoos right(I know, I'm asking for the unlikely too)!It was in a REPUBLIC issue wasn't it Robb?

I'm going to be shocked if the prices on these 2-packs stay low considering the new figure sculpts coming out. Even the Obi wan is a new scuplt/not a resculpt :o.

DS   

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2007, 08:42 PM »

That wouldn't surprise me, considering the comic where Annakin and Hett have to go on their own mission. Annakin's hatred is quelled when Hett reveals to him that sand people are humans. Would be really cool if Hasbro had a removeable mask feature for Hett-AND they got his facial tattoos right(I know, I'm asking for the unlikely too)!It was in a REPUBLIC issue wasn't it Robb?

I'm going to be shocked if the prices on these 2-packs stay low considering the new figure sculpts coming out. Even the Obi wan is a new scuplt/not a resculpt :o.

DS   

It was Republic #59. Hett was in some others afterwards too...the Saleucami ones.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Not ALL Sand People are humans. A'Sharad's parents had been humans adopted into the Tusken culture, so he was genetically 100% human.

Thus the comic could have its cake and eat it too--finally show A'Sharad's face after several years, yet still avoid showing what a Tusken's face looks like beneath the mask. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2007, 10:21 PM »

DS   

It was Republic #59. Hett was in some others afterwards too...the Saleucami ones.

Yep, thanks JK. I believe he also kicked some Aurra Sing's ass in the 'The Hunt for Aurra Sing' Vol 4.

DS

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2007, 10:40 PM »
I've seen the following pricing on the comic 2-packs:

$9.96 - WalMart
$9.99 - Target
$10.99 - Toys R Us

All of those prices were at stores in your area, notably NY/NJ.

Still not a bad value when 2 basic figures are going to cost at minimum $13.

Damn, I have yet to see them at a walmart or target.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2007, 10:49 PM »
I've seen the following pricing on the comic 2-packs:

$9.96 - WalMart
$9.99 - Target
$10.99 - Toys R Us

All of those prices were at stores in your area, notably NY/NJ.

Still not a bad value when 2 basic figures are going to cost at minimum $13.

me too and damn i want em!

Damn, I have yet to see them at a walmart or target.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!