Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263751 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #510 on: July 10, 2007, 01:01 AM »
I'm honestly a little disappointed in the lacking articulation in Wave 3.  After the Obi/ARC set and CE set, I'm a little bummed to see many of the "new" figures get the shaft on knee joints at least, and in some cases the arms too appear weaker on poseability.

The price is still right, just the figures could stand to be a little better, especially when the first wave and part of the 2nd was basically full of repainting which saved some $$$.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 10, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I'm honestly a little disappointed in the lacking articulation in Wave 3.  After the Obi/ARC set and CE set, I'm a little bummed to see many of the "new" figures get the shaft on knee joints at least, and in some cases the arms too appear weaker on poseability.

The price is still right, just the figures could stand to be a little better, especially when the first wave and part of the 2nd was basically full of repainting which saved some $$$.

Totally agree JJ the way hasbro seems to rehash parts you'd think they'd be experts at it, instead they spend the money to make a whole new sculpt instead of just using existing parts that are better articulated.  Why not use VOTC Xwing Luke legs & VOTC Tat. Luke arms on this thing and the only thing they'd need a new sculpt on is the chest, besides the accessories.  Like on Dark Woman why not give her Shaak Ti's legs with new sculpted boots?   
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 10, 2007, 02:58 PM »
I really like how Hasbro threw in the 'EE exclusives(Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax)' as extra fodder in the WAVE 3 Rev1 case ratio coming soon...@ 3 to a case. I guess these weren't selling well. Go figure as well that the 2 pack seeming to get the positive props(dark womans' seemingly unarticulated knees aside) is only 1 a case ::).

Anyone know what WAVE 3 case looks like as far as quantities?

DS 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2007, 03:12 PM »
I really like how Hasbro threw in the 'EE exclusives(Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax)' as extra fodder in the WAVE 3 Rev1 case ratio coming soon...@ 3 to a case. I guess these weren't selling well.

Won't be selling well? EU, well articulated Imperials won't be selling well? Surely you jest.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #514 on: July 10, 2007, 03:27 PM »

The cash they saved by using repaints in Wave 1 is probably what allowed them to put new sculpts in these 2-for-$10 packs in the first place.

I'm not surprised to see many of these figures end up with less articulation.  It's two figures and a comic book for $10.  There can't be that much leeway in there for them to add all sorts of articulation and still meet the cost goals...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 10, 2007, 04:03 PM »
I really like how Hasbro threw in the 'EE exclusives(Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax)' as extra fodder in the WAVE 3 Rev1 case ratio coming soon...@ 3 to a case. I guess these weren't selling well.

Won't be selling well? EU, well articulated Imperials won't be selling well? Surely you jest.

Nothing was posted in future tense(Won't)....read it again....'weren't selling well'. Okay so, seeing as these can still be purchased at EE and have not sold out why else would they add them to a case? I'm not jesting either. Though the sarcasm is evident.

DS

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 10, 2007, 04:31 PM »
It seems on these packs they either get good Elbows or Good knees...some get both...

The Luke in the Luke/Mara pack has the most "missed" potential...if he had at a minimum the swivel elbows, he would be a VERY good figure, as it stands he is average.

The inclusion of Dutch Vander's Mold in the Rogue Squadron Comic pack has me hoping they don't do anymore and that is about the only comic I have read consistently.  No wonder they were so fearsome...all the Xwing Pilots were 7 feet tall.  They actually beat the Imperial Galaxytrotters on Gilligan's Island in an "Infinities" cross over I think....

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 11, 2007, 02:48 AM »
So far, we've seen 15 sets in the line:

1- Vader/RFT
 2- Han/Chewie
 3- Tarkin/Stormtrooper
 4- Luke/R2
 5- Quinlon/Villie
 6- Obi-Wan/ARC
 7- Mara/Luke
 8- Leia/Vader
 9- DarkWoman/Hett
10- Anakin/Droid
11- Hobbie/Fel
12- Swan/Arana
13- Obi-Wan/Bail (Wal-Mart)
14- Droid/Fett (Wal-Mart)
15- Keller/Marine (Wal-Mart)

Did I miss something? Have we seen pictures of these sets passed DarkWoman/Hett? I'm lost, but it's not the first time ???.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #518 on: July 11, 2007, 02:53 AM »
Some of them...  I know I've seen the Keller set, the Fett set, the Fel set...  Can't recall on the others though but images from C4 or since then at least have surfaced of the others in some form or another I believe. 

I don't recall a good Anakin/Droid set picture though, offhand.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 11, 2007, 09:42 AM »

I don't recall a good Anakin/Droid set picture though, offhand.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #520 on: July 11, 2007, 10:49 AM »
1- Vader/RFT
 2- Han/Chewie
 3- Tarkin/Stormtrooper
 4- Luke/R2
 5- Quinlon/Villie
 6- Obi-Wan/ARC
 7- Mara/Luke
 8- Leia/Vader
 9- DarkWoman/Hett
10- Anakin/Droid
11- Hobbie/Fel
12- Swan/Arana
13- Obi-Wan/Bail (Wal-Mart)
14- Droid/Fett (Wal-Mart)
15- Keller/Marine (Wal-Mart)

Have we seen pictures of these sets passed DarkWoman/Hett?

Yes, everything on that list of 15 has been shown... that's why I made the list.  ;)

- Sets 7-9 leaked before C-IV
- Sets 10-12 were shown at C-IV display cases (see Anton's picture above)
and
- Sets 13-15 were shown during the Hasbro Presentation:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #521 on: July 11, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Looks like the next six will be on my list.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 11, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I really like the Fett in comic colors. I might have to pick that one up...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 11, 2007, 12:44 PM »
I guess I did miss many things thanks guys for the pictures.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 13, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Hi, first time poster, long time lurker.
As a 35 yr star wars fan, the marvel comics were an important part of the saga for me.
Anyone else have such fond memories? and if so, what characters do you think are a must for the comic packs?