Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263115 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #645 on: September 7, 2007, 09:57 PM »
First time I noticed the Blaster on the Baron. Pretty nifty.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 8, 2007, 10:52 AM »
I think the only thing in that Pilot pack I want is Hobbie's helmet, so I guess I'll pass and see if I can get a loose Hobbie cheap.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 9, 2007, 04:34 PM »
The jedi set look like a huge pass!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 10, 2007, 01:47 AM »
Wave 4 is kind of meh to me. I'll probably pick up the Fel set, but the others don't interest me terribly. I think the Purge set could have been handled better myself, both outfits just look kind of goofy to me, especially Koffi Arana. I think Tsui Choi would have been a much better and more interesting choice for this set.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2007, 03:03 AM »
I'll hold out for a figure of Bultar in the normal Jedi outfit:

And evidently she's forthcoming in an Evolutions pack that I'd forgotten about:

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 10, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I think that I'll only be picking up the Hobbie/Fel pack out of this wave, although I wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro come up with an updated X-Wing pilot sculpt along the lines of VTSC Luke.  I'm on the fence with the Anakin pack, but we'll see.  Even though I enjoyed the Purge comic, the pack doesn't do much for me.  Just not that interesting I guess, and the Koffi figure especially doesn't look very "Star Warsy" to me :P.  The "lightsaber through chest" feature is kind of neat though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #651 on: September 10, 2007, 02:41 PM »
I agree, the purge pack looks like SOTE leftovers, too 90's-ish. I lkie the other 2 sets. I would have rather have seen Tso-choi and the blue alien with the double lightsaber. They would have made for a more interesting pack.

The Jammbin Anakin head alone makes it worth it. The wave 5 sets are pretty weak overall like this series. The Republic Commando set is cool and a great Army builder. I hope the trend turns around with these sets, they are not terrible but with all the new tooling I hope they set it up character wise.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #652 on: September 10, 2007, 02:47 PM »
I agree... 

It's funny how the comic sets really kind of tear your opinion from one side to the other.  On one hand, $5 a figure is great (the comic is irrelevant to most of us, let's face it).  On the other hand some figures are a little weaker than others...  And yet again you get some truly outstanding figures as well (look at Het/Darkwoman.  It's like night-and-day with the two figures).  The comic packs are NEAR perfection to me.  Hasbro just needs to tweak something here and there with any of them, and bam they're amazing!  I mean, the Luke/Mara set would be much more outstanding if Luke had articulated knees over articulated ankles.  That alone would have garnered no major complaints from me on that set. 

If Hasbro were to just do a little fine-tuning to their design of the sets, I'd be in figure heaven with them.

As it is, I'm really not disappointed with them, they're good generally...  I just wish they were that notch better is all, because clearly they could be.  Of course though, if you dislike EU they suck regardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 10, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I'd happily pay $10 for two $7 figures and a $5 comic in contrast to a $17 figure with a clamshell.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 14, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I'd happily pay $10 for two $7 figures and a $5 comic in contrast to a $17 figure with a clamshell.

Nicely sumed up. When you put it like that, the prices just seem random.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 14, 2007, 02:33 PM »

Nicely sumed up. When you put it like that, the prices just seem random.

Ya Hasbro does seem to put there random price/articulation generator to good use.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #656 on: September 14, 2007, 02:41 PM »

I blame that on the store more than the manufacturer...  I have a feeling SWS's just dicking around the consumer because they know they can.  Same as Target and their exclusive prices.  They jumped from $10 figures to $13 or so at one point if I recall...  Just a little squeeze to see how much more they can make.  Very dickish.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 14, 2007, 05:09 PM »

I blame that on the store more than the manufacturer...  I have a feeling SWS's just dicking around the consumer because they know they can.  Same as Target and their exclusive prices.  They jumped from $10 figures to $13 or so at one point if I recall...  Just a little squeeze to see how much more they can make.  Very dickish.

Agreed Jesse.

It's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Greivous yet. I'm thinking they are going to choke on that fig and end up selling it at a big discount. If it gets down to $12 or less, I'll bite. But really, I'd rather pay the $7 that's it's worth and no shipping charge.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 14, 2007, 08:28 PM »

I blame that on the store more than the manufacturer...  I have a feeling SWS's just dicking around the consumer because they know they can.  Same as Target and their exclusive prices.  They jumped from $10 figures to $13 or so at one point if I recall...  Just a little squeeze to see how much more they can make.  Very dickish.

Agreed Jesse.

It's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Greivous yet. I'm thinking they are going to choke on that fig and end up selling it at a big discount. If it gets down to $12 or less, I'll bite. But really, I'd rather pay the $7 that's it's worth and no shipping charge.

I could never understand why everyone lately is trying to dick the Star Wars fan. All these high prices for an execlusive is just crazy, and ever the normal basic line of slect figures are totally out there on-line. I wonder if they are thinking the ride is going to be over soon or something. I want that Grievous figure, but I don't think I'll get him unless the price drops too.

It's funny how the comic sets really kind of tear your opinion from one side to the other.  On one hand, $5 a figure is great (the comic is irrelevant to most of us, let's face it).  On the other hand some figures are a little weaker than others...  And yet again you get some truly outstanding figures as well (look at Het/Darkwoman.  It's like night-and-day with the two figures).  The comic packs are NEAR perfection to me.  Hasbro just needs to tweak something here and there with any of them, and bam they're amazing!  I mean, the Luke/Mara set would be much more outstanding if Luke had articulated knees over articulated ankles.  That alone would have garnered no major complaints from me on that set.  

If Hasbro were to just do a little fine-tuning to their design of the sets, I'd be in figure heaven with them.

As it is, I'm really not disappointed with them, they're good generally...  I just wish they were that notch better is all, because clearly they could be.  Of course though, if you dislike EU they suck regardless.

Anyway, I really like these comic packs and agree with Jesse here too. These could be some top notch sets with not very much more work if at all.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #659 on: September 14, 2007, 11:44 PM »
I could never understand why everyone lately is trying to dick the Star Wars fan. All these high prices for an execlusive is just crazy, and ever the normal basic line of slect figures are totally out there on-line. I wonder if they are thinking the ride is going to be over soon or something.

The irony is that it will be over soon if they that sort of thing becomes the norm. Goose that laid the golden eggs and so forth.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:45 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)