Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263762 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: GH Swami Predicts EU, 2-Packs
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Why would a repacked Vader and Antilles be EU?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 01:12 AM »
Eh?There better be PT 2-packs then!Maybe a Nute & Rune! ;D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 02:01 AM »
Why would a repacked Vader and Antilles be EU?

That's just the thing - if is them, then it wouldn't make sense these to be EU.  Guess we'll have to wait for pics to know more.

Something about this whole concepts sounds weird.  Hope I'm wrong but I'm not liking what I'm hearing about it so far.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 02:46 AM »
I'm of the opinion Hasbro isn't gonna go balls to the wall with EU, so I'm not banking on these being ALL EU 2-packs...  Some, but not all.  They've hardly been willing to put a single figure out now and then, much less whole waves of new offerings that happen to be all EU...  I dunno, that sounds fishy.

I'm expecting some not EU, with a smattering of EU...  I guess we'll find out either way soon enough but I'd be a bit surprised at all EU stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 10:17 AM »
That's kind of what I was wondering too.  Like Jesse mentioned, I could see this being a mix of both.  A whole line dedicated to EU doesn't seem real likely, at least looking at the past offerings, but I guess you never know.  If they want the 2-packs to be an ongoing thing, I doubt they would stuff it with EU figures only.  That would be a pretty big risk for them, at least in their eyes.  That said, I'd be quite happy if these were more McQuarrie/concept figures.  I really liked the Stormtrooper, and I would definitely pick up concepts of Vader, Chewie, Han, Luke, etc.  If they repack things, it wouldn't be bad at all if it was 2 packs of VOTC Han/EB Chewie, VOTC Stormtrooper/new Tarkin, etc.  We'll see I guess, hopefully more news at Comic-Con.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 10:37 AM »
EU 2-pk - Antilles choking Vader.   :P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 11:21 AM »
EU 2-pk - Antilles choking Vader.   :P

That's certainly very EU.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 12:47 PM »
To be the bitter old purist for a second: EU, as always, holds no interest for me.  It's no different in my mind as SW Transformers or anything else like GI JOE or Spawn that never appeared in the films.  For the fans, I hope they make them for you, but it'll be a skipped purchase for me. ;)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 11:54 PM »
I'm thinking some wires are crossed somewhere. From reading between the lines of all the Q&A's....I'm thinking there will be ANH 30th 2 pack Screen Scenes again and there will be Concept EU McQuarrie based figures too....

GalacticHunter: The Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper from 2003 was a big hit with fans, and they were snatched off of shelves as quickly as they appeared. Is there any chance that we'll see figures based on Concept Art, Poster Images, or other non-movie images in the near future?

Hasbro: I can't be too specific right now, but that's a great question. Details will be revealed at Comic-Con.

Figures.com: With next year being the 30th anniversary of the birth of the Star Wars franchise, can we expect anything from Hasbro to commemorate the release of the first Star Wars Movie?

Hasbro: Yes! Stay tuned for details in the coming months.
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 11:30 AM »
This is from the Hasbro 411:

3 3/4" expanded Universe 2-Packs:

Finally the EU collecotr's time has come. Hasbro plans on releasing no less than 12 Expanded Universe two packs. Each collectible set will include figures based on both Marvel and Dark Horse Star Wars characters. While there's no word on whether we'll be getting the green bunny dude or Hoojibs (Note to Hasbro: Dudes, come on. Hook us up!), we are finally getting a Quinlan Vos figure. The sets include the following:

MARVEL
Darth Vader & Rebel Fleet Trooper
Stormtrooper & Tarkin
Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise & Chewbacca
Luke Stormtrooper Disguise & R2-D2

Dark Horse
Republic #55 (Clone Wars) - Obi-Wan & Alpha Arc Trooper
SW Tales: Twilight #1 - Quinlan Vos VS. Vilmarh Grahrk

So it looks like it's gonna be Marvel and DH.

Can't wait for that 2-pack with Alpha.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 12:10 PM »
Anyone have some links to pics of some of this EU stuff?  I would just like to see what some of these characters look like - Vilmarh Grahrk, Alpha Arc Trooper, any Marvel pics of the 8 OT characters coming those 2 packs, stuff like that, obviously I can guess what they look like.  Just curious.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Anyone have some links to pics of some of this EU stuff?  I would just like to see what some of these characters look like - Vilmarh Grahrk, Alpha Arc Trooper, any Marvel pics of the 8 OT characters coming those 2 packs, stuff like that, obviously I can guess what they look like.  Just curious.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 03:30 PM »

That image isn't from Dark Horse, it's from a SW Insider 'Holonet' article a few years back.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 04:24 PM »

That image isn't from Dark Horse, it's from a SW Insider 'Holonet' article a few years back.

...And it's not Alpha, it's Thire.