Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 264713 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Yay! Ill take both outfits, AOTC's long overdue and the disguise is just cool. Tsui Choi I think would be SUPER cool in the comic packs.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 2, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Are these considered  "Expanded Universe 2 packs"?  They have pegs at my Target for those and I didn't know if these were where they were suppossed to go.  $9.99 was the price.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 2, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Are these considered  "Expanded Universe 2 packs"?

I'd say that's a fair description.  It seems that all of the 2-packs announced (or rumoured) so far are EU characters.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: January 2, 2007, 02:22 PM »
Are these considered  "Expanded Universe 2 packs"?  They have pegs at my Target for those and I didn't know if these were where they were suppossed to go.  $9.99 was the price.

Yes, the "EU 2-pk, $9.99" pegs are indeed for the Comic 2-Packs.  My local Target wis filled to the brim with them today after doing a toy aisle re-set.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 2, 2007, 05:44 PM »

Yes, the "EU 2-pk, $9.99" pegs are indeed for the Comic 2-Packs.  My local Target wis filled to the brim with them today after doing a toy aisle re-set.  ;)

lucky! i still havnt seen em anywhere... :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 2, 2007, 06:36 PM »

Excellent, now I know which empty space to watch at the local bullseye.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 7, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Hmm... I'm thrilled to hear that we're finally getting Bultar Swan. She's been at the top of my list for a while now. I'm concerned that it will be in her comic armor, though, since these are 'Comic 2pks.' I would definately prefer her AotC outfit.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #187 on: January 8, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I went to target yesterday and the comic pegs were filled with the Darth Vader rebel trooper set, there wasn't even room for any of the other packs :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 8, 2007, 11:21 AM »
Although I haven't seen these at TRU, they have come and gone at both Target and Wal-Mart.  I'm surprised that they sold out so quickly, but it might have just been on case worth at this point.  It will be interesting to see how these do overall.  If they would have had these Marvel packs with "normal" coloring (and maybe subbing in a VOTC/EB Chewie, VOTC Stormie, and different Vader in their respective packs), I think they would be better accepted overall.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 8, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Well, I've succumb to collecting these - the future looks too bright not to have a complete set.  And when you consider the price ($10 for two figures and a comic) in the current environment of $7 figures, they're pretty good deals.

I suppose when the 'really cool' sets containing newly tooled figures hit, Hasbro will jack up the price.

On a sidenote, I've yet to find the Han set...clearly this is the one everyone wants - for obvious reasons.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 8, 2007, 02:28 PM »
I hope your wrong about that price jack..that would be a real believable ****** thing for Hasbro/retailers to do.

DS

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 8, 2007, 02:35 PM »

On a sidenote, I've yet to find the Han set...clearly this is the one everyone wants - for obvious reasons.

The Tarkin set seems to be a bit more popular in my neck of the woods.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Here it is mid-January and I still haven't seen these at retail. Does anyone know if KB is carrying these???

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2007, 01:02 PM »
im very upset that i havnt seen any of these, especiallyu because they were planned to be an 07 focus and a staple in my collection.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2007, 05:32 PM »
i dont think they are coming up north anytime soon :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: