Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263663 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08 AM »
WHERE THE HELL IS THIS WAVE!!!???!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48 AM »

I have only seen it at TRU so far.  Be patient, it'll be all over.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Yeah, I think there must be Toy aisle resets stores are waiting on. I got my Luke/R2 by using DPCI and it seems most people are doing that as the box was devoid of Vos and Alphas...

They be here sooner than you think.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2007, 10:57 AM »
I got my Quinlan/Villie set @ TRU though I've seen that set & Luke/Artoo @ Wal-Mart as well. I still have yet to find the Obi/ARC set. I'm concentrating on getting this wave and then I'll go back and get the first wave. Seems like you can't swing a dead cat without hitting the first wave.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 16, 2007, 11:27 AM »
i will buy the set with quinlan vos, and i really hope, that it will appear anywhere in germany in my area
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 16, 2007, 06:34 PM »

Calm down, you'll get your toys soon.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Found me an Obi/ARC set this evening at a local TRU. Is it just me or does the mohawk off-center when the ARC trooper's helmet is on. Crooked mohawk aside, the new ARC is 1,000,000% better than the original.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2007, 02:13 PM »
I found these a few weeks ago, but only saw them the one time. I left all of the Luke sets, but did get one Quinlan and Two Alpha sets.

Good figs, great sculpts. Lacks a little articulation in the Quin/Villie set, but I can overlook this.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2007, 01:33 PM »
Be patient, it'll be all over.

I bet you say that to all the boys.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2007, 02:09 PM »
I've been noticing something with wave 2 so far.  It seems that the Luke & R2 and Obi-Wan & Alpha sets are selling better than the Vos & Villie 2-pack.  I must have hit about 10 stores yesterday and that was the running trend at almost all of them.  I saw scattered numbers of Vos & Villie and very few if any of the other two sets.  In fact I only saw 1 Alpha & Obi-Wan set at all.

I hope that the lingering Vos & Villie 2-packs are just indicative of collectors not being able to make it to the store to buy these just yet.  Because if this is a symptom of a sense of disinterest in wholly EU characters, then this line may not be long for this world.  But I guess we need to let this play out.  And if wave 3's Dark Woman & A'sharad Hett 2-pack doesn't sell well (the other 2 sets feature movie based characters), then Hasbro might have to rethink this concept.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:52 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 19, 2007, 03:08 PM »
My comment on this is going to be rather narrow in focus, given that I've only actually seen these once at one Wal-Mart, but it was a little surprising to me, despite my general loathing of the majority of the non-CW EU stuff.  Our situation was pretty much similar to Nick's in that the Kenobi/ARC pack disappeared pretty much immediately, with the Luke/R2 set following close behind.  Out of the Vos/Devaronian sets, I picked up one of the two hanging around, and the other one sat until (apparently) sometime last night, as WM had it when I was there at 6 PM and didn't this morning at 8. 

I thought this was particularly interesting/shocking/etc because of the rabid fan demand for Vos in the ToyFare poll, and I wonder if this bodes well/badly for future "pure" EU packs.  My own purchase of the set had more to do with the fact that Vos was mentioned and was supposed to be in ROTS than it did liking the stories in the comics, and unless there is something else Clone Wars-related in this series in the offing, I'm pretty much done with the comic two packs after this.  I'm also kind of curious as to how the so-called "EU Wave" with the KOTOR and CW stuff will do at retail, since it will be the first time in many years that Hasbro's devoted an entire wave to non-film stuff. 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Hopefully it won't take as long for wave 3 to ship. I really want those figures.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 19, 2007, 10:28 PM »
They did take their sweet time between waves, didn't they?  I got wave 1 just before Christmas and I only got wave 2 a couple of weeks ago.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 22, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Found Wave 2 at Target but passed on all of them. Can't wait for that Wave 3 Heir To The Empire pack though!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2007, 09:03 PM »
I picked up Wave 2 sans Luke/R2 the other week...  Still were a ton of Villie/Vos and Luke/R2 a couple nights ago though, not moving like I figured they would and from what I hear we have a bit of a scalper thing going on at my nearest WM (or so some employees have mentioned).

I did sorta pilfer all the Obi/ARC sets but that was 1 for someone, 2 for me, 1 for a kid, so that's not horrid.

Fantastic figures though I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in Vos/Villie.  As $5 figures, my bitches are minor though.  Working holsters rock, two NEW blasters, great sculpts, pretty sharp paint applications as I recall...  If these were $7 a piece though I'd be damn pissed off about the lack of knee or ankle articulation, I must say.  I won't do a leg swap with Vos personally, I'll leave him be, as I just don't care for the difference in pants and stuff, but I was still a little disappointed there.

Obi/ARC though...  Wowza!  Two pretty well super articulated figures, and Obi's only real flaw is his lack of the two loose flaps for his tunic's softgoods bits.  For some reason Hasbro just thinks a "skirt" is ok sometimes but they need that part of the vest that hangs too IMO.  Otherwise though, this Obi-Wan is actually in many ways superior to the Pilot figure it's based on...  I love the tattered cloak, that's fine Jedi sculpting.

The ARC is outstanding too...  A few posing issues because of the pauldron but nothing I'd freak out about.  I'm gonna maybe hopefully get a few more Alpha's to give the CW figure's pauldron too.  A little bit of army building with it for variety.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:04 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77