Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263687 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #465 on: May 22, 2007, 09:58 PM »
I'm pretty excited about any of these that aren't painted up in fluorescents.  I know it's stylistic, but come on...

If it generally looks like a regular figure, I'm down.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #466 on: May 23, 2007, 02:03 AM »
I agree...  The Marvel figures really didn't do a thing for me...  I understand it was maybe their way of seeing how EU with some "familiarity" would fly at retail though, I think it was fairly calculated that the Marvel figures were all known film characters just looking funky...  Cheap easy way for Hasbro to dip their toe in the pond and all, haha.  But they just fell flat with me...  The new stuff though is incredible.  I may not even like the EU it's from but I'm pretty sure I'll always buy the 2-pack as long as the figure(s) look nice and realistically styled.

I don't dig a lot of stuff from EU but I'm kinda looking forward to it...  That Infinities set for instance.  I have no interest in that comic, but those figures are rockin'.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 23, 2007, 02:31 AM »
Would you believe my local TRU just got Wave 1 for the first time?  Good lord it's going to be a long wait for the next waves.  ::)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 23, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Scored my Vos set at Target.  ;D  There were 2 more on the shelf plus I saw another 2 sets at Walmart yesterday.  I'm sure I saw at least 1 set of Luke at both stores, but there could've been more.  Still nada on the Alpha set.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Oooh... it's Baron Fel and Derek "Hobbie" Klivian.   

I know some were hoping for Wedge, but I'm thrilled to get another Rogue pilot!  ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Loving that Baron Fel pack... Nice to see more EU Imperials. The Wave 3 packs look really nice with the close up shots... Getting that Mara pack for sure. The ESB Infinities pack looks great, loved that comic and the figures rock too... Vader's got the AOTC Anakin head underneath. Neat stuff.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2007, 08:40 PM »
I haven't read Infinites, but why does Vader have Anakin's AotC's head... did he not get crispied by Obi-Wan? If not, why the armor?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2007, 09:42 PM »
i wanted a hobbie for a while now. cant wait :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2007, 10:48 PM »
I haven't read Infinites, but why does Vader have Anakin's AotC's head... did he not get crispied by Obi-Wan? If not, why the armor?

The AOTC head appears in a dream sequence.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Ok, so it's Hobbie.  That's cool.  I wanted him too.  But COME ON, Hasbro.  Wedge!   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #475 on: May 25, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Anyone else think the lack of Wedge actually bodes well in a way?  I mean, they give us Hobbie but not Wedge who is Fel's polar opposite in that story arc?  I guess my point being...  Anyone else think a second Rogue Squad may be happening for the comic line?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 25, 2007, 08:11 AM »

The AOTC head appears in a dream sequence.

Thanks, Reid.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 25, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Anyone else think the lack of Wedge actually bodes well in a way?  I mean, they give us Hobbie but not Wedge who is Fel's polar opposite in that story arc?  I guess my point being...  Anyone else think a second Rogue Squad may be happening for the comic line?

That's a great way of looking at it. But, that's it for this year right?  We've seen everything haven't we?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2007, 11:32 AM »

That's a great way of looking at it. But, that's it for this year right?  We've seen everything haven't we?

I think this is everything for this year, but they might already have comic packs in development for next year.  Sounds like its a pretty successful line for them. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2007, 12:45 PM »

Until next year when they announce the TRU exclusive Wedge Antilles w/X-Wing-Death Star I just got my a$$ shot and I'm getting the hell out of here before I get killed battle damage-but that might be a little wordy  :P  How's the arm articulation on the Luke?  Is it actually swivel and not ball jointed like Vos or Nelvaan Anakin?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:47 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge