Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263712 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Anyone want the Luke stormtrooper and not the R2?  If so, shoot me a PM and we'l work something out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2007, 03:54 PM »
But, that's it for this year right?  We've seen everything haven't we?

So far, we've seen 15 sets in the line:

1- Vader/RFT
 2- Han/Chewie
 3- Tarkin/Stormtrooper
 4- Luke/R2
 5- Quinlon/Villie
 6- Obi-Wan/ARC
 7- Mara/Luke
 8- Leia/Vader
 9- DarkWoman/Hett
10- Anakin/Droid
11- Hobbie/Fel
12- Swan/Arana
13- Obi-Wan/Bail (Wal-Mart)
14- Droid/Fett (Wal-Mart)
15- Keller/Marine (Wal-Mart)

During the C-IV Panel, Hasbro said there would be 18 sets this year so there are 3 that have yet to be shown.

According to the R2-Dtoys listings that popped back in February, the remaining three are rumored to be:

16- Stormtrooper Disguise Mouse & Able
17- Lieutenant Jundlund & Lieutenant Shan
18- Republic Commando & Super Battle Droid

I have no idea if those last three will pan out or if they were just rumors, but I'd imagine that we will know more at SDCC. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Jeff,

You forgot to mention the Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax #1 set. When Hasbro first announced that there were would be 15 comic packs for the 30AC line, this set I believe was included. It also sounded like Hasbro was indicating at C4 that the set would be re-released this year. Even if you count the re-release as one set, that just leaves us two unknown sets to go for this year. Hopefully it's for more Rogue Squadron or Zahn Trilogy based comics, those really need to be fleshed out more than clone/droid repaint #314159
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2007, 07:00 PM »
I cant wait to see Mouse and Able.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:01 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Personally I'll be skipping all the WM exclusive sets, but I think it's cool for Hasbro to rerelease the Bail/Obi twin sets, this time with a comic, for the people who missed out on them originally.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2007, 09:56 PM »
but I think it's cool for Hasbro to rerelease the Bail/Obi twin sets, this time with a comic, for the people who missed out on them originally.

I don't, those sets sucked the first time, and they'll suck again.  If Hasbro is going to overload on comic packs, they need to be new and exciting characters, not repaints and repacks.

To illustrate:

Crap:

A-Okay:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:58 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #486 on: May 31, 2007, 01:11 AM »
I kind of agree with Rob...  Not that I ever begrudge people getting something they felt was hard to find mind you.  I can dig that totally, but I have a fear of packs like the Twins one really being the stinker of a wave and sorta f'n up the Comic Pack Mojo they have going on now...  I dunno, maybe I'm worrying too much, I just hate to see it goofed up by something like that. 

Personally the Twins sets were fairly easy to find for me...  They were one of those weird times that Pittsburgh got something in abundance that other areas didn't.  So, for me at least, they're not a welcome sight in the comics lines...  Plus, as figures, they eat it hard since you're paying for figures you have to get "accessories".  :(

But anyway, yeah I dunno...  I think I'd rather have seen the "twins" as accessories released with a Beru and Owen figure maybe rather than this...  The Comic slot could've been filled by virtually any more desireable repaint (Clone Commando type deal again, or whatever).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 31, 2007, 09:33 AM »
18 sets, wow. Looking over the list, beyond wave two, I'm only interested in the Hobbie/Baron pack and the Luke/Mara one. Everything else might be a pass.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2007, 10:15 AM »
Ok, shoot me, but I liked the concept... for the Old 70's/80's comics... Not too into the modern ones. Though I will shoot for the Luke/Mara... Not sure about the rest.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Rob and JJ, I am actually glad theyre rereleasing this in one $10 pack!!! I never got these before. That being said, that one pack will be a bitch to find for that very reason.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2007, 08:20 PM »
I actually like the fact that Hasbro is re-doing Seperation of the Twins with softgoods for both Bail and Obi-Wan.  The plastic looks silly and totally hinders the poseability of two very good figures.

Add in the fact that they're helping out the collectors that got the shaft on these the first time around, and it seems like Hasbro is trying to make good.  Too bad they went back to WalMart again though.  That part of it seems like a cruel joke.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Anyone know if the Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax CP will be a retail wide-release, or an exclusive?

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #492 on: June 1, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Are there decent pictures of any of these yet?  I coudn't see too much from the CIV pics and didn't see some of them at all.

Leia/Vader
DarkWoman/Hett
Anakin/Droid
Hobbie/Fel
Swan/Arana
Obi-Wan/Bail (Wal-Mart)
Droid/Fett (Wal-Mart)
Keller/Marine (Wal-Mart)
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 6, 2007, 06:26 AM »
i got the obi and arc pack. but i have a couple of problems. does everyone elses clone have a lose head yet a VERY tight helmet? everytime i put the helmet on it gets stuck on the head and its really hard to take back off. and the lacho libre mask for obi....i think the head joint is smaller then the ball socket on the figure.is this just mine or are they all like that?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 6, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Anyone know if the Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax CP will be a retail wide-release, or an exclusive?

All signs point to them remaining an exclusive. Those signs being that they're not on the up coming releases list (other than still being available at EE.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."