Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263765 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #540 on: July 25, 2007, 10:24 PM »
WOW! Mouse, Able, and the female Imp in particular look super! And SDCC hasnt even started yet, so this is cool to see. Thanks for the pics, Rune.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #541 on: July 25, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Kinda disappointing (but not surprising) to see more re-paints and kit-bashes end up in the Comic Packs line.  :-\

Mouse/Able - no idea who these guys are, so I have no excitement for them.

RC/SBD - Repaints... but at least they are good army builders.   :)

Shan/Jundlan - Shan looks like a repaint of the Force Unleashed Officer and Luke looks like he's re-using parts from the recent DS/Imperial Officers as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:28 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #542 on: July 26, 2007, 01:26 AM »
JediDefender.com's coverage of San Diego Comic-Con is coming in, and some dandy shots of the Upcoming Comic 2-Packs are in our Hasbro Galleries.  I like Fel the most with the completely removable armor/helmet.  I'm digging Luke and Shan though as well and the removable Imperial Kepi's!  Yes, removable Impy hats for the first time.  I hope this is the first of many.  And I know a certain Chief Bast who's getting an extra Luke hat.  ;D

Some of the figures are a little lacking in articulation, but I'm still excited due to the price.  $10 lets some things slide I think.  Luke really should've been a better poseable figure though, so I am disappointed there for sure...  And I'm sick of the Dutch body at this point, it's too distinct.

I dig Mouse and Able but I agree Jeff that if you don't know who they are they're really off your radar.  They're Spec. Forces rebels if anyone's curious, who are in disguise...  At least that's what I recall of them.  I dig them but I liked their storyline so I dunno.  I just hope they get gloved hands and helmets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 26, 2007, 01:38 AM »
That Mouse/Able pack is awesome, sign me up for several since you can put the helmets on and use them as generic Stormtroopers (other than the Nemoidian's hands). I dig the Imp. Officer pack as well but I wish they'd have put Luke's head on a different body since the Ozzel torso isn't that great. Why not do the same kitbash they did with the Briefing Room set? RC/SBD is rather meh but they used the best SBD mold so it's worth a purchase.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #544 on: July 26, 2007, 06:36 AM »
The more I see of Baron Fel the more I wan of him. The removable flight vest and helmet are fan-*******-tastic. I may have to go back and pick up some more Death Star gunners. Add those together and you have the easiest SA TIE pilot custom ever. :)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:09 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #545 on: July 26, 2007, 05:48 PM »
WOO-HOO! More female Imperials!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13 AM »
As a novel and comic reader, I'm happy with all of these.  Amazing to see some of these figs getting made - I would never have guessed mouse and able would make their way to plastic!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Mouse/Able - no idea who these guys are, so I have no excitement for them.

Rebel forces that don stromtrooper gear to infiltrate an Imp base.  I think this was from earlier issues of the Rebellion comic series that came out a year or two ago.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #548 on: July 27, 2007, 10:55 AM »
WOO-HOO! More female Imperials!

Eggggsactly !!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2007, 03:16 AM »
Very puzzling that Hasbro is identifying this trooper as Able.  It's not Able at all.  This is Able.  He's a Phase 1 Clone Trooper that is older and has joined the Rebellion.

The Rebel that is packaged with Mouse (A Duros, btw) is actually Basso.

Other than that weird canon inconsistency the lineup looks cool.  Luke as Lt. Jundland is cool, and I had heard that Hasbro was going to use the Juno Eclipse sculpt again in that set.  The result looks alright.  This two-pack is really crying out for Hasbro to make a Tank figure now.

The WalMart wave is cool for the most part.  They're presenting Obi-Wan and Bail Organa the way they should have been initially in the Basic Figure line with the softgoods.  The Commander Keller & Galactic Marine look awesome, too.  As for the Marvel set?  Eh.

The sets that are due out next month look really nice, and I've been wanting that Dark Woman/A'Sharad Hett set since I saw it at C4.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Overall, I like what Hasbro is doing with these but I am not looking forward to hunting down the three WM exclusives...I might as well ask DS for help right now.   :)

Has it been confirmed that the Crimson Empire set will remain unchanged when it is re-released later this year?

If so, I feel sorry for the folks who paid $20 for it the first time around. 

I'm still missing it so hopefully it is the same the second time around.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Has it been confirmed that the Crimson Empire set will remain unchanged when it is re-released later this year?

If so, I feel sorry for the folks who paid $20 for it the first time around. 

I'm still missing it so hopefully it is the same the second time around.

Amen on counts there bro !

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 30, 2007, 09:58 AM »
I'm loving the imperial sets. Both of the officers (the Girl and Luke) were shown with their hats off on the last day if the con.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 30, 2007, 03:58 PM »
i read on rebelscum that the new comic packs come out on august 1st on my birthday i know what i'm getting
I suck.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 30, 2007, 04:17 PM »
i read on rebelscum that the new comic packs come out on august 1st on my birthday i know what i'm getting

But what are you getting Brian Peppers?  ???

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...