Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263129 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #705 on: November 12, 2007, 07:02 PM »
I can see having an Army of "Clone" Hobbies since I now will be making a Flight Group of Tie Pilots...Wow that looks like what I would want Hasbro to do.

I had been gathering OTC Tie Pilots to dremel the helmets out, but this looks better/easier/SAFER.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #706 on: November 12, 2007, 09:36 PM »
We have some new pictures of Luke As Imperial Officer (Empire Comic), and Commander Keller (Republic #79 Comic) up on the front page...

Both are very sharp looking figures, and Luke will mark the first Imperial Officer with a removable hat...  Kind of ironic.

Keller looks to be an Airborne Clone repaint with softgoods add-ons for the most part, while Luke's an Ozzel body with a new head.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 13, 2007, 09:00 AM »
The pictures are awesome Jaybird. I'm probably going to do the same and replace the Baron for my TIE Squadron leader.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 13, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I'm not too impressed with the Luke or Keller... I do like the fact that the Luke has a removable cap, but I never liked the Ozzel body one bit.  Keller's cloak looks way too silly for me, I wish they had made it removable plastic.  Looks like these two will be dumped in the custom fodder bin.

Oh well, I'll still be getting a couple of the Luke set for the female Imperial, and a few of Keller for the white clad Marine. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 13, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Picked up Wave 4 at Target today, WOOT!

I could have sworn I posted these pics here when I found them, but anyways here some images of them too with comparison shots.

First, Anakin and the Assassin Droid.  I removed the robe off of Anakin (not easy to do) to see how he looked without it on.  Better without it I think.  More pics of them later on down.  The Assassin Droid is one of the best figures I think Hasbro has made of a droid - very articulated too.

Next, Hobbie and Baron Fel.  Hobbie is probably my favorite X-Wing pilot now, you'll see why further down in the pic with his helmet off.  Baron Fel is pretty damn good too I think - some don't like his POTF2-ish body frame from what I've heard, but I think it's fine on this figure.  He has excellent articulation.

Now is Koffi Arana and Bultar Swan.  Kofii is better in person than I thought, but not my favorite by any means.  That's reserved for Bultar Swan - a GREAT figure.  Just would have benefited by knee articulation... but as you can see her chest armor is removable like the 2006 Death Star Gunner.

These next pics are comparison pics of them with other figures -

Finally, I put on the Baron Fel removable piecs onto a 2006 Death Star Gunner - he's next to an OTC TIE Pilot for comparison.

Overall a really good wave.  Much better than I had anticipated.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 13, 2007, 10:48 AM »
I think the Cmdr Keller looks pretty good.  A heavier material might have been a better choice for the outer cloak, similar to that on Snowbunny Padme, but I like what they've done here.  And I definitely like the softgoods kama.  It's about time Hasbro did that on one of these Clone Commanders.

And I'm also liking the skullcap on Hobbie.  Nice attention to detail on that, Hasbro.  He'll definitely work in that Echo Base briefing kind of diorama.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 14, 2007, 09:08 AM »
For those looking for wave 4, check your local Walmart...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 16, 2007, 11:59 AM »
It looks like 2 of the 3 new packs (Koffi/Swan and Anakin/Assassin Droid) are currently in stock at HTS.com ($11.99 each).  I couldn't find the Fel/Hobbie pack anywhere though, which is the only one I plan on picking up really :).

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 24, 2007, 02:55 PM »
From, http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?s=444de877a5890e217f1bf4263aa539dc&showtopic=6630&st=0&p=59752&#entry59752

Wave 1
Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress
Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker
Anakin and Durge

Wave 2
65356930814 Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde <-- Best comic pack of the year bar none
Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta
Princess Leia and Prince Xizor

Wave 3
65356931885 White Vader and Princess Leia
65356931886 Antares Draco and believed to be Ganner Krieg
65356931887 Dengar and Fenn Shysa
65356931888 Tobbi Dala and Leia
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:04 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #714 on: November 24, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I hope its an all new Xizor.

I would have preferred Jodo Kast over the mandalorians on the list.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 04:25 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 24, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I would have preferred Jodo Kast over the mandalorians on the list.

Which Mandalorians are you referring to?  This is how I see the lineup breaking down:

Wave 1
Tol Skor and Assaj Ventress STAR WARS REPUBLIC (Tol Skorr was a dark Jedi who followed Dooku)
Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker STAR WARS LEGACY
Anakin and Durge STAR WARS REPUBLIC (This was a pretty dark comic.  Anakin goes to the Dark Side in his fight against  Durge)

Wave 2
Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde HEIR TO THE EMPIRE
Darth Vader and Grand Moff Trachta STAR WARS EMPIRE (This was back around the beginning of the EMPIRE title.  I think that storyline was called "Betrayal")
Princess Leia and Prince Xizor SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE

Wave 3
White Vader and Princess Leia STAR WARS INFINITIES (In one edition of Infinities Anakin is redeemed without sacrificing himself.  He goes on to join the Alliance and changes his armor to all white.)
Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg STAR WARS LEGACY (It's a 2-pack of Imperial Knights.  This has been confirmed in the Q&A's already)
Dengar and Fenn Shysa (Not sure of the comic)
Tabbi Dala and Leia STAR WARS REBELLION (I think)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:13 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #716 on: November 24, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Which Mandalorians are you referring to? 

Fenn Shysa and Tabbi Dala are both Mandalorians.  Those last two packs (Dengar/Fenn, Leia/Tabbi) are most likely from the Marvel Comics

I'm expecting Dengar and Leia (Hoth) repaints along with repaints of the sculpts from the EE sets for Fenn and Tabbi...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 25, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Not a lot to look forward to for me. Thrawn, Dala and Dengar maybe.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 25, 2007, 11:37 AM »
I'm really looking forward to a new Thrawn, hopefully he'll come with his pet salamander. A new Prince Xizor and new(?) Dengar are also exciting.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 25, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Which Mandalorians are you referring to? 

Fenn Shysa and Tabbi Dala are both Mandalorians.  Those last two packs (Dengar/Fenn, Leia/Tabbi) are most likely from the Marvel Comics

I'm expecting Dengar and Leia (Hoth) repaints along with repaints of the sculpts from the EE sets for Fenn and Tabbi...

Ahhhh.  Maybe this will be a vehicle for a new Hoth Leia?  We've only had the POTF2 sculpt for who knows how many years.  But I wouldn't be opposed to a reissue of the Saga Gold Dengar.  That was actually a decent figure.

Feedback