Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263125 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #720 on: November 25, 2007, 03:15 PM »
I'm really looking forward to a new Thrawn, hopefully he'll come with his pet salamander. A new Prince Xizor and new(?) Dengar are also exciting.

If I recall correctly from these comics, both Dengar and Bossk were colored with a purplish hue, so I would expect this Dengar to be a repaint along those lines, preferably with the SAGA Dengar as Nicklab mentioned.

I'm happy to see more Marvel based sets, but man can we pick some more interesting characters than Mandalorian repaints? Where's Dani, Kiro, Rik Duel, Baron Tagge, the Nagai, etc?!?!?  ???
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 25, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Looks like I'll be only picking up Wave 1 and maybe the Legacy pack from Wave 3. Not interested in the Thrawn pack at all.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 25, 2007, 10:25 PM »
I'm hoping both Leia & Dengar are new sculpts.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #723 on: November 28, 2007, 03:13 PM »
I hope they update Dengar's legs to be SA. The rest of that figure is still very tight, I personally do not think he needs a total resculpt.

What costumes will Leia be in for both of her new sets? The cover of ROTJ Infinities has her in her Hoth get up and as far as I can remember in SOTE she was in the Boussh disguise.

Anyone have a better clue to what outfit she will be wearing?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 28, 2007, 04:53 PM »
If its the Hoth one, I hope they dont just do a repack of her or try to kit bash her, I would like a truely New SA Hoth Leia.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 28, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Anyone have a better clue to what outfit she will be wearing?

Topless.  Oh yeah.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 3, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Not sure if this is old news or not, but HTS has the Baron Fel Comic pack in stock for those who haven't been able to find it yet.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 7, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Has anyone found the Mouse/Basso, Lt. Jundland/Deena Shan, White Commando/SBD wave in the wild yet?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 7, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Haven't seen them yet nor the wally packs.  But I keep hunting
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 7, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Haven't seen them yet nor the wally packs.  But I keep hunting

I'm in the same boat. Haven't seen either wave.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 7, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I still can't believe Target took a +20% price increase on these guys - we're up to $12.17.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 7, 2008, 04:54 PM »
I still can't believe Target took a +20% price increase on these guys - we're up to $12.17.

Really? Well, I know one place I won't buy the comic packs from if this is the case in my area.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #732 on: January 7, 2008, 05:33 PM »
I see a lot of people blaming Target, but it was Hasbro that raised the prices...  they said so themselves in the Q&A in December.

We will be raising our pricing (and suggested price to $11.99 SRP) in 2008 in an effort to be able to provide some more articulation.

Target is just the first one to pull the trigger on the new price (probably since they have reset for 2008).  Expect to see the price go up everywhere else soon too...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #733 on: January 7, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I see a lot of people blaming Target, but it was Hasbro that raised the prices...  they said so themselves in the Q&A in December.

We will be raising our pricing (and suggested price to $11.99 SRP) in 2008 in an effort to be able to provide some more articulation.

Target is just the first one to pull the trigger on the new price (probably since they have reset for 2008).  Expect to see the price go up everywhere else soon too...  :-\

I also heard on the news again today that most toy manf. will raise prices at least 10% because of the increased cost of revised safety measures being applied to goods from China.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 7, 2008, 05:51 PM »
Hasbro just got greedy, they know these are popular so they raised the price. This is of course in direct controdiction they used when they introduced these last year. They said the reason why they could sell these at the 10.00 price range was do to the cheaper packaging. I can see them rasing the price to 11.00 but this 20% Increase is just insane, and nothing they say can convince me otherwise!  They knew people would start to collect these, get them hooked, and then they would have no choice by to buy them if they wanted to complete the series. And of course how can they explain away the fact they did not introduce any new packs since the new year started, so why are the packs that cost 9.99 last week ( meaning they were in they were produced last summer) so what is the excuse? I think Hasbro has some explaing to do, and when you consider that the 25th G.I Joe figures and the G.I Joe comic packs are being priced at 9.99.  It will be intresting to see if TRUS and Walmart keep last years price, or will they raise them? Remember that Target was the only big box store to see the vintage at 11.99 while the rest were 9.99.