Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263148 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #825 on: February 19, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Here it shows a new head (with comm headset) and possibly new lower arms as she's wearing gloves.

That Leia looks great.  I am looking forward to the Legacy figs more than any, but I super impressed with the comic packs due out this year.  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #826 on: February 19, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Here it shows a new head (with comm headset) and possibly new lower arms as she's wearing gloves.

Yeah the Leia with the White Vader from ROTJ Infinities has a new head and possibly new arms, definitely new hands. We were talking about the Leia that comes the Marvel Comic pack as shown below...

Taking a look at it, I was wrong about the legs, there's nothing new about them. It appears Leia got a new head (or at least the paint job makes it look unique) and a holster, the rest is pure POTF2 Hoth Leia poop. :( Then again perhaps its just a mockup and Hasbro will surprise us. It would be in their best interest to make a new figure, because then they could just re-release it on a basic card as a Hoth Leia.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:14 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #827 on: February 19, 2008, 05:17 PM »
I was fooled on that too Jason, as some of the wash looks like a knee joint, but those arms are pure POTF2 for sure, and so's the rest.  Disappointing, but I wholely expect a new one at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #828 on: February 19, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Ya never know, the figure may change, it was not even at the show. I cannot see them using that Leia sculpt, she is so tall and does not match the line. The figure is taller than the EVO Jango. Maybe it's a long shot but they may actually surprise us with a revised tool and that was for mock up only. The size difference in the package is off if that is the POTF2 sculpt. I compared the sculpts.

Let's hope..........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #829 on: February 20, 2008, 11:22 PM »
Ya never know, the figure may change, it was not even at the show. I cannot see them using that Leia sculpt, she is so tall and does not match the line. The figure is taller than the EVO Jango. Maybe it's a long shot but they may actually surprise us with a revised tool and that was for mock up only.

Just to confirm, Leia was not at the show because she was not considered "final".  The mock-up was shown for the attending toy buyer's benefit...

No idea how much (if any) she might change, but she was not "final" as of the show.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 20, 2008, 11:49 PM »
That's too bad - I think the version pictured is pretty sweet.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #831 on: February 21, 2008, 12:27 AM »
That's too bad - I think the version pictured is pretty sweet.  :-\

The sniper Leia, was at the show. That is the one I assume that you are excited for. Everyone seems to be mixing the two up. I believe the mock-up Jeff is refering to is the Hoth Leia Repaint:

NOT the Sniper Leia from a seperate Comic Pack:

Which hopefully means that there is indeed a chance that it ('it' being the Leia in the first comic pack pictured in this post) will be a complete resculpt rather than a POTF2 repaint.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 26, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I cracked open the Luke/Imp female officer pack yesterday. For those who have been wanting to know, The Luke hat seems to fit well on other un-hatted imperial officers. Not so much for the other hat which is too small.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 26, 2008, 10:38 AM »
We should send that hat off for casting.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: comic packs
« Reply #834 on: February 26, 2008, 11:45 AM »
I finally recieved my Comic Tarkin from an eBay win (before the strike). I've always though it looks like a Marvel Hydra officer, so that's why I wanted him. Just didn't want to get the comic pack because of the strangely painted Stormtrooper. I'm glad I waited as I was able to get the Tarkin for about $5 shipped.

If I could get more of this fig I would and use them as an EU world's security force/law enforcement. Just simple head swaps for new figs.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 27, 2008, 08:14 AM »
I was just looking at all the press photo,
has anyone noticed the white vader from the comic pack has a three piece helmet?  i wonder of this will be the same figure as the carded wave one release
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2008, 08:56 AM »
We should send that hat off for casting.

I would agree.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 29, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I saw the wave with Luke/FemOfficer, Commando/SBD, and Mouse/Basso today. I got Mouse/Basso, I might pick up the Imp. Officer set in the future. Not too hot for the Ozzel body they used for Luke.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 9, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Has anyone ever seen the Mouse/Basso set where Basso DOESN'T have the should pauldron?

I saw that Rebelscum posted an update to their photo gallery on this set saying it's a variation, but once again (like with the Clean Black Pauldron Saga Legends Sandtrooper that has yet to surface) - we're dealing with a sample obtained from Hasbro for the original photoshoot and then the production piece has the pauldron.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 9, 2008, 02:19 PM »
When I received my set from an online site before they hit retail my Basso/Mouse set had the pauldron. I highly doubt this was released at retail without it.
I remember my dream now.