Author Topic: A 6" Scaled Star Wars Line: Would You Be Interested?  (Read 9671 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
A 6" Scaled Star Wars Line: Would You Be Interested?
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:41 AM »
There has been a lot of talk I've seen on various forums about the possibility of 6" scaled "Marvel Legends style" Star Wars figures - especially with the new partnership between Marvel/Toybiz and Hasbro with the Marvel Universe figures starting in 2007.  I've read that there is even a custom Darth Maul example done in this style in the latest ToyFare (or Lee's, can't remember for sure).  Anyways, not saying that it is even a possibility - but would you be interested in this?  Not at the sake of the 3 3/4" scale line, of course, because I think that is the "Star Wars scale" and should continue as long as there is a line.  I guess these would be in addition/running alongside the basic line - maybe in place of some of the other lines (or crap) that is released now with a Star Wars logo on it.

Would it be something you would like, or would be interested in, if it ever happened?  I'd always stick with the 3 3/4" line, but I'm also a collector of the Marvel Legends/Classics figures - and there has been some great stuff in that line.  When it comes down to it, if they were really well done, I couldn't say for sure that I could pass up a ML-styled Han and Chewie on the pegs.  I was just curious if anyone here would even be interested at all, or if you think a line like this would be a good idea.  It seems like the Legends line is quite popular right now, and the 6" scale is as well, is this a good way for Star Wars to head in the future?  Again, not saying it will/should happen, just something to talk about.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: A 6" Scaled Star Wars Line: Would You Be Interested?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 11:13 AM »
No.  I don't care how cool they are, I just refuse to start over at a whole new scale...

Bigger figures take up more space and after 10+ years of the modern stuff, I'm running out of room as it is.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 11:20 AM »
No.  I don't care how cool they are, I just refuse to start over at a whole new scale...

Bigger figures take up more space and after 10+ years of the modern stuff, I'm running out of room as it is.

I'm with Jeff. I'd hate to collect a new scale, and I dislike most '6 scale figures, save for the Halo 7' line.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:31 AM »
I'd think long and hard about it that's for sure.  I'm a huge fan of the Marvel Legends line and with me out of the 3-¾" line, space is not as much of an issue anymore.

I'd probably be selective, just as I am with ML. 

And that Darth Maul custom in this style was awesome.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I'd have to say no as well. The basic figure line is large enough and I'm quite happy with it, so I see no need to try to find more display space.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26 PM »
God, no. Please no.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:29 PM »
This might be a different sort of reason, but an ML line of Star Wars doesn't appeal to me because I don't think of these as "action figures" so much as "film representations".  That's not to say I don't like articulation (which helps get the figures into more film-like poses) but I just don't think I need to pose a Lando quite like I pose a Wolverine figure.  Furthermore, I really like sticking to the traditional line scale.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:30 PM »
I've seen the article (it's the most recent Toyfare and has the pics of the custom Maul, which is awesome).  

I think I'd side with Jeff on this one.  But like Mikey, I really enjoy the Marvel Legends figures as well.  That said, I've often remarked that I wish the ML stuff was done in the 3.75" scale.  I'm not about to go back and start again, as others have remarked.  I might gather some figures but I think I'm waning a bit with being overwhelmed anyway, so introducing yet another thing for me to collect will probably have limited temptation for me.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:35 PM »
I think I'd side with Jeff on this one.  But like Mikey, I really enjoy the Marvel Legends figures as well.  That said, I've often remarked that I wish the ML stuff was done in the 3.75" scale.  I'm not about to go back and start again, as others have remarked.  I might gather some figures but I think I'm waning a bit with being overwhelmed anyway, so introducing yet another thing for me to collect will probably have limited temptation for me.

That's a good point Brent, I've often said the same thing about the Marvel figures (and LOTR for that matter).  "I wish this line would have started out in the 3.75" scale".  I mean, ToyBiz has done an amazing job with the various Marvel lines - but if they had started in the smaller scale (similar to what Marvel Legends Showdown is now), I probably would have dove in further right away.  Supplement it with larger figures like Galactus, Sentinels, etc.  Anyways, I could see me picking up a few of the main OT characters though - but like others have said, its not like I have the space for them anyways :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 12:58 PM »
I dont have the room for it. So honestly no i dont want another line in this scale. With that said, Marvel did have Star Wars comics in the years past, and I think 1 box set would work.

Luke
Han
Chewbacca
Leia
Vader
Stormtrooper
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I don't think I'd be interested either.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Count me out.  This has the same appeal to me that dog **** has.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 06:29 PM »
God, no. Please no.

Kevin
If they looked good,I'd only get the main characters just to look tall next to my Invader Zim figures.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 06:36 PM »
No interest in them at all. I'm not a big enough geek to need the same characters in another scale ;)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 08:22 PM »

One hundred percent agreed. I can't even buy the vehicles I want because of space issues.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks