Author Topic: A 6" Scaled Star Wars Line: Would You Be Interested?  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: A 6" Scaled Star Wars Line: Would You Be Interested?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 09:12 PM »
No freakin way I am about to restart collecting.  Mods should delete this thread before some dumbass at Hasbro read this and brings this idea up ;)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I think I with you on that Jim ;D lol. No way on 6" figure line.
roron corobb
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:17 PM by roron corobb »
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Absolutely not interested. No way.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 10:13 PM »
No freakin way I am about to restart collecting.  Mods should delete this thread before some dumbass at Hasbro read this and brings this idea up ;)
*Someone at Hasbro looking at this forum*
D***!This sure is a good idea! * Calls head Hasbro guy*Let's can the 3 3/4 line & replace it with 6"ers! ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 11:15 AM »
No.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I'd buy some...especially things like a Vader, Maul and Fett

Some of the other stuff like Luke and Han could be hit and miss.  If Hasbro is sculpting them they could look fugly as all get out and then I'd pass.  If they were well done, I'd think about it a little harder.  Non-Collectors of Marvel Legends have no idea how awesome those figures are...screw Unleashed.  If they did ML Star Wars figures there is no reason to even do Unleashed because you can pose the figures any way you want

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Not a chance in hell. I generally don't like the 6 inch scale, and would not be willing to spend my money rebuying characters in a different scale after 11 years of collecting 3'3/4 inchers.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Hasbro try this thing before with those 6" Obi-Wan, Maul and Destoyer Droid line. I can't remember the name of it, but those were the only figures in the line. Plus I think Hasbro is finding out the 6" lines don't sell as well with their Sigma 6 GI Joe line. Kids and adults alike don't want to pay $10 - $20 just for one figure. I know I don't. Plus going bigger make the vehicles go bye bye, because they can't make them big enough. Can you see a scale X-wing for a 6" line? It would be about 6 feet or bigger. I would have to hunt down the person that suggected the idea to Hasbro if they did make this line.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 09:10 PM »
I like the ML figures but sold all mine due to space. So I would have to say no.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 01:57 AM »
Between 3.75" and 12", I have enough on my plate.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 02:56 AM »
I'm not gonna say 100% no, but I'd likely not be picking these up...

I bailed on 12" scale because they were sucking so hard...  Now SS is great, but price keeps me from getting into those and still being dedicated to 3.75".

IF 3.75" somehow folded and 6" were introduced, I'd have to see what was offered...  Like OCB said, sculpts could look horrendous if Hasbro is doing them while figures like Fett/Vader could be great. 

However I'd also be very tempted to get into SS 12" figures instead (if 3.75" weren't there).

If 3.75" was going on as always though I'd probably just say F it and not buy into this stuff.

I'll admit I'm tempted to buy new unleashed 2" figures from time to time but I've manaaged to stay strong...  I'd probably be the same on new 6" figures.  Hasbro needs to just be making the 3.75" as good as they can...   They have a super articulation format that is REALLY ideal in this scale but they refuse to even make knee, elbow, and wrist joints "standard" in the modern line...  I feel the more they spread out scales/lines the less they focus on the bread and butter, so yeah I'd probably just be that much more against a 6" line even...  Count me out (as I've sat here and rationalized the whole thing while I typed this).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 12:08 PM »
I would have to pass. I rather expand my 3.75 that I have so much invested in. I started to pick up the 2in unleashed then came to my senses. Why start another scale? Space does become an issue at some point with most collectors.
I am uber focused in my collection 3.75 and 7in unleashed - thats it!

Having a 6inch line is redundant, they would be $10 plus to boot. I hope for more 7in unleahesed that almost in line with the 6 inch scale, thats appeases my appitite for larger scale Star wars.

Jesse
Right on the 12' Hasbro really sucked (except the R2 units and Yoda), they were so bad I am surprised they even bothered.
Remember the Chewbaccas - never forget! I also do not see why everyones is so excited about Sideshow's line. I think their stuff kinda sucks. The outfits and weapons look good but the bodies they use are so out of proportion and really "limp" they cannot stand on there own. The faces are mediocre at best the Obi and Anakin are ok. The 1/4 scale stuff looks nice.
Mediacom has the best stuff high end is the way to go.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone.  Seems like the overall feeling is "no way".  I'm in the same boat as many of you, I don't have the room for it anyways.  I'm getting to the point where its hard to find room for anything but the basic figures, and I'm trying to reconsider what's getting packed up - or to stop collecting altogether.  Like Scott mentioned, if they were really well done - I'd probably have a hard time passing on at least a few of them.  The Marvel Legends is just a fun line, and very well done, and if the Star Wars ones were in that same level of quality I'd definitely consider it - room or not :).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I'd say no, but for the fun of it here are some awesome customs of Star Wars figures in the 6" scale by forum member Glorbes... if they looked like this, I'd probably have to pick them up!

CHEWBACCA

CONCEPT HAN SOLO

GENERAL GRIEVOUS

DARTH VADER

CONCEPT LUKE

STORMTROOPER

:)

AE:
Edited for the modems, who don't want to load a page of customs photos in the Saga board.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:11 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 08:26 PM »
That a cool Stormtrooper and Chewie!
I really like that wookie! :D
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/