Author Topic: Hermi Odle... Sort of Uncommon?  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hermi Odle... Sort of Uncommon?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 10:50 PM »
I had an easy time finding Hermi Odle.  Especially in comparison with the other wave 6 figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Hermi was pretty rare around here as well.  I saw him a couple times, but that was it.  Same goes for the pre-cyborg Grievous figure.  I think I only saw that figure at retail one time.  For awhile, the Wave 7.5 (repaints) was that rarest stuff of the year for me, but recently our WM stocked up with the end cap things full of them (we didn't get the Wave 1 2008 ones, got these instead).  A lot of the Wave 5 stuff was fairly rare for awhile, along with the last two waves, but they all seem to have shipped to Wal-Mart recently again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Hermi?  Rare?  Can I make money off this?  Really? 

The Walmart a couple of miles from here has six of them on the pegs right now.  Pretty close to normal for Walmarts around here and I'd bet the TRUs have about that many, if not more, each.

I think the answer is that somehow, someway, Hasbro messed up the distribution and most of wave 5 got put onto trilogo cards and shipped to Canada. I don't think there's a single figure from wave 5 I can't go out and buy right now.  I might have to hit up a couple of stores to find them all, but all of them are sitting currently.  The $9-10 price tag doesn't hurt the sittage factor, but that's regular retail here. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.