Author Topic: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 33753 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: New Assault Vehicles In '07
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2006, 10:45 PM »
I think the Infiltrator's appeal is just that it was a new ship.  New movie, new characters, new ships and in that context it was ok.  I am a sucker for vehicles so sucky as it is doomed to be, I'll get the one.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2006, 10:53 PM »
The Sith Infiltrator will be underscaled, it's almost an inevitable fact really...  The ship's not small in the first place, so I'm not even going to get hopes up on this being even reasonably sized.

The Cruisemissile Trooper was to-scale so why shoudn't the Infiltrator be?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2006, 11:05 PM »
The ship is just too big, it would be too big and expensive to create to scale.

I decided to go all out geek on this one and pull out some resources.  According to the cross-sections book, it fits 6 passengers and is suppose to be 88 feet long.

Even though Maul was the only one in the ship this is no Naboo Fighter.  T*his is one complex vehicle with elevator, cargo hold and the works.  The cabin will be heavily underscaled as will be the front part of the ship.

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I'm really hyped about the CIS Tank droid, it seems really cool, and I'm really glad about that Sith Infiltrator too.  8)
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 02:48 AM »
Then I hope the CIS Tank Droid comes out...   ;D

But yes, the SIth Infiltrator was new in 1999...  That's a while ago though, and I thinkt he hype's dead on this one...  Either way I'm not concerned really because I'm sort of writing this one off as it is anyway...

The Cruisemissile Trooper was to-scale so why shoudn't the Infiltrator be?

The CMT was a Hasbro creation without anything to gauge scale by, plus it's tiny of course, so I'm not sure of the analogy...  The Infiltrator in scale to the figures isn't unfathomable for certain, it can be done, but I cannot imagine them actually doing it to-scale...  As someone pointed out, it'd be about the size of the Queen's Starship...  And as someone else pointed out quite plainly, that hunk of junk sat at even the height of the film it was featured in and immediately tanked at retail...  Hasbro will work for smaller and less expensive on the Infiltrator I think so I really just am not getting "anxious" for this one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Do you think Hasbro is passing on the AT-TE because they have the AT-AT tooling which is still usable?

Are the two vehicles too close in price/size for retail to support?

I find it hard to believe that they are willing to invest in a Sith Infiltrator - is this vehicle high on collectors' list(s)?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45 AM »
It seems to me that with the rumor or announcement of the Infiltrator that the AT TE would be a bit much. I would guess that it's not to be this year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 09:57 PM »
I'm pretty excited about the V-wing because it's a cool vehicle AND falls under my general budgetary/space range.

The Sith Infiltrator is just "meh" though. Don't get me wrong--it's a great ship. But as a toy it's so far down my priority list that I can't get excited about the release. Not to mention that it will have to be horrendously underscaled in any event.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 03:04 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 06:38 AM »
I was really surprised by the announcement of the "Sith Infiltrator."  I guess hasbro "really does care." ;) lol

Anyways, I strongly doubt we could fit the "sith speeder" and all the goodies from the sith gear pack inside of the vehicle.  Prove me wrong hasbro.....

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 03:25 PM »
i just hope that they make an impeareal v-wing  ;)
Momar and Fester

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11 PM »
The first wave of these hit my local TRU today in volume, or as Morbo would say, "Belligerent and abundant."  There were at least 10 of each of the three "new" vehicles on the shelves in all their unneccessarily angled box glory. 

I went ahead and picked up the Hailfire Droid (and I'll probably get the AAT too, eventually) at TRU's higher 25 dollar price on Assault Vehicles, and I think the paint job is pretty good.  I still like the original Clone Wars version better, but the Separatist Armada theme on this one (think the ROTS Vulture Droid) works much better than the "Jungle Camo" bull**** of the TSC Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids.

So yeah, if you're interested in vehicles, these are now out at at least one retailer.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 3, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Well, thanks to a receipt from TRU that gave me three dollars off a purchase, I caved in and bought both the AAT and the Vader JSF (or SSF) yesterday.  I hadn't planned on getting Vader's fighter, as it's not even in my realm of EU acceptance (I'm pretty much a six films and Clone Wars type of person), but the photo on the back made it seem pretty cool.

And cool it is.  I'm a big fan of the ROTS JSF designs, and while the huge Imperial logos on the top wings are a little gaudy, and the huge red Imperial logo stickers alongside them make it somewhat redundant, the ship does look incredibly cool.  Something that a lot of photos (and the ones on the box itself) don't really show all that well so far is the canopy and TIE-style window in the cockpit are red instead of the regular clear "glass."  This makes the ship look extremely sinister. 

My only complaint is, once again, with the labels.  The labels in the cockpit are, like the other JSFs, an absolute pain to get in correctly and uniformly, but the worst of them all are the droid body labels.  Even though the Anakin and Obi-Wan mass market JSFs' droid labels were done well, the Mace and Obi-Wan TRU JSF's droid labels are way too large for the body.  This continues with Vader.  I seriously gave up trying to exacto-knife the labels down to fit correctly, and it looks just as good with a solid unlabelled black body to me. :)  But hey, at least there is a Vader available at retail that can actually sit in the cockpit, which is more than I can say for the Kit Fisto/Saesee Tiin JSF models.   ::)

The AAT, strangely enough, is such an improvement over the Episode I version from 1999 that it's not even funny.  The E1 version always felt very fragile to me, with the two cannons on the side of the body always seemingly in danger of falling off, and the cockpit cover being on a hair trigger.  In other words, it is a nice piece to look at on a shelf, but not very sturdy.

The new version, however, is extremely sturdy.  Hasbro got rid of the stupid cockpit launching feature (they may have done this on the 2003 Clone Wars version too, in which case I might need to track one of those down if it's as sturdy as this new one), and the quality of plastic on the side gun arms is much improved since the 1999 version.  Like the JSFs, though, the stickers do require a bit of creative Exacto knife usage to fit correctly, but nowhere near as much. 

The best thing about the new version is the paintjob.  It's incredibly dark, much darker than what the photos on the box lead you to believe.  Where the 1999 version looked fresh off the assembly line (aside from the scoring along the missle launchers), this new version has seen plenty of action.  Tons of silver metal scrapes, lots of scoring, and (fictional) hints of the vehicle's paint wearing down in areas make this vehicle one of the best jobs Hasbro's done with a vehicle repaint in a long time (probably the best EU update since the Saga A-Wing, if I may be so presumptuous). 

It's actually kind of sad that the second wave of vehicles in 2007 is going to be yet another JSF repaint with no corresponding figure and a ridiculously underscaled repaint that nobody wanted to begin with.  These three vehicles (including the Hailfire Droid, which is also really well painted) are all well worth picking up if you're a fan of vehicles, but if you have to get just one, pick up the AAT for sure.

At this rate, I'm going to need to set up another whole set of shelves for just the EU Clone Wars vehicles which, by and large, have been consistently great.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 3, 2006, 10:42 PM »
I could not agree more.  I picked up an ATT yesterday and ran back today to get another.  Sweet.  I have several TPM ones but this was is much better.  Makes me wish I coudl exchnages the old ones for the new ones.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 3, 2006, 10:58 PM »
Well by the sounds of it, I may just have to track down one of those ATTs. :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 4, 2006, 12:44 AM »
As will I...

The Clone Wars one was just like the Episode I tank...it's not really that great.