Author Topic: Hello Everybody  (Read 2359 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Hello Everybody
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting. I've been collecting Star Wars stuff since I was a kid with the vintage lines growing up and until ROTJ...I haven't collected until the POTF2 been to arrive on store shelves. I've been collecting heavily for the past 11 years and have amassed a huge collection of various POTF2 & 12" figs until Episode 1 arrived.

I stopped collecting for awhile but it all changed after the release of Revenge of the Sith. With all the new lines and products being offered, I gave in and starting collecting stuff from the VOTC line and especially Kubricks. Of course that has always led to a gateway of other collections, but collecting Star Wars started it all.

It's nice to join a community such as this and I'm proud to call myself a boardie here on these boards. Joining these boards is something ,for whatever reason, I've been putting off for quite awhile. With that being said, I look forward to finally posting and commenting as well as hearing back from all of you on these boards. It took me long enough to sign up, I hope the anticipation pays off. Take care....

nitro

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hello Everybody
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Hey Nitro,

Well we're glad you came on board...  You'll find a lot of "old timers" in the hobby around so you should be pretty happy I think with the conversations...  Kubricks especially are a specialty among our staffers so we are proud of the work that gets done on that line around here.  It's the best on the web (or so we're told by people that stop by ;) ).

Have a good time, join in conversations whenever you want and if you have questions just hit up one of us with a PM sometime.  We're pretty accessible around here.

Take it easy man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Hi and welcome to JediDefender!

Hope you enjoy your time here...  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 03:27 PM »
Hiya Jesse & Jeff,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome !! I'm looking forward to alot of good things in this forum. While Kubricks are my main thing right now (for space reasons)...I've been collecting for a really long time and almost gave up on the hobby completely. I was ready to sell my POTF2 collection, but when I looked down at my collection I thought of the hard work I put into the hobby tracking down certain figures.

Truth is, I missed collecting between Episode 1 and Episode 3. It gave me something extra to do with my old friends back when POTF2 was in it's heyday. I'm disappointed I didn't sign up earlier, but I figure "better late than never"... Thanks again for the welcome !!! I really appreciate it !! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Welcome to JD, Nitro.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  Holler if you've got any questions about anything!

Kubricks?  Hmmm...  Not sure if anyone 'round here collects those...  :P

Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards.

- Matt

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Ha. Thanks for the welcome,  JediMac! Are you sure nobody here collects those Kubrick thingies? ;D ;)  I'm really looking forward to chatting with you and the rest of the boardies. It'll be a great time. I'll definately holler if I have any questions...until then, I guess I'll see you around the boards!