Author Topic: Movie = Aliens 5!!  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Movie = Aliens 5!!
« on: May 21, 2003, 07:55 PM »
Well today I learned something interesting from Twentieth Century Fox Home Video. For the past few weeks I have been searching almost every store in my area for the DVD gift box set of the Aliens movies known as the Alien Legacy.  I also have been searching all over the internet also.

So after searching with no finds of this DVD gift pack I contacted Twentieth Century Fox. I was told that the DVD set of Aliens Legacy has been pulled off the shelves for the time being. When I asked why they said the reason is that Twentieth Century Fox is currently in the process of making a new Aliens movie and the the DVD's from the other Alien movies will be re-released with some new additions around the time the new movie comes out sometime next year.

Being a Alien fan this is great news that a new Aliens movie is in the works.
I guess I will have to wait for the DVDs and hang onto my VHS tapes of the movies.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Virex

Re: Movie = Aliens 5!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 08:12 PM »
Well today I learned something interesting from Twentieth Century Fox Home Video. For the past few weeks I have been searching almost every store in my area for the DVD gift box set of the Aliens movies known as the Alien Legacy.  I also have been searching all over the internet also.

So after searching with no finds of this DVD gift pack I contacted Twentieth Century Fox. I was told that the DVD set of Aliens Legacy has been pulled off the shelves for the time being. When I asked why they said the reason is that Twentieth Century Fox is currently in the process of making a new Aliens movie and the the DVD's from the other Alien movies will be re-released with some new additions around the time the new movie comes out sometime next year.

Being a Alien fan this is great news that a new Aliens movie is in the works.
I guess I will have to wait for the DVDs and hang onto my VHS tapes of the movies.

Dude. . .  Fox is working on a NINE-DISC BOX SET of the Aliens movies that is due later this year.  None of the specs have been released yet, but all the DVD sites are drooling over it.  I'll see if I can't find the picture of the box art for it, and put it up in a few.

EDIT:

The Alien Quadrilogy:

No date yet--I'd guess October/November sometime.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 08:17 PM by Virex »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 08:21 PM »
Will Ripley be in #5?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 09:04 PM »
I love the Aliens movie series.  The best movie out of them has to be the second one, "Aliens."  I cannot wait for the newest movie to come out.   ;D
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 09:41 PM »
The best movie out of them has to be the second one, "Aliens."

My favorite as well!  Great movie that was!

So, this 9 disc set looks like it will immediately become obsolete (incomplete) if a fifth movie indeed does happen and isn't included herein.  That bugs...

Wanna hear my guess?  Akin to the highly popular Jason vs. Freddy storyline that is going to become a movie soon, I think we might get an Alien vs. Predator flick!  Whaddaya think?  Yeah, probably doubtful - but an interesting prospect considering the publicity these two have gotten in their oft-seen fighting in various media outlets (comics, figures, etc).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 09:43 PM by JediMAC »

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 10:34 AM »
Ten years ago I thought an Aliens vs. Predator flick would be awesome. Today, I could not care less. I really like the Alien franchise, but Predator 2 was just awful. I'm afraid the inclusion of Predators would water down the Alien films.

It makes for a fun comic book premise, but it would be an arbitrary diversion from the Ripley Saga.
Post sober.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 10:52 AM »
If you want to read more on the Alien movies, this is a great site.
avpnews

Sounds like Alien may be released in the theater on Oct 31 just in time for Halloween. As for Alien 5, looks like Sigourney Weaver & Ridley Scott are kicking around a few ideas. Then there is also that Cameron guy!
ALIEN fans to get Halloween treat?

How about Alien vs the Terminator. We can call it The Alieninator!  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 10:55 AM »
How about Alien vs Terminator vs Predator vs Alf vs Howard the Duck vs She Hulk vs Shania Twain in a battle royale

I'll go with Shania :-*

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 11:04 AM »
Wow! I am so far behind on my Alien knowledge. That link to the site it very helpful. I had to bookmark it.

Well, I guess when the 9-disc set comes out I will be picking it up.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 11:10 AM »
How about Alien vs Terminator vs Predator vs Alf vs Howard the Duck vs She Hulk vs Shania Twain in a battle royale

Shania will win hands down.  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 12:28 PM »
I really like the Alien franchise, but Predator 2 was just awful.

I also thought Predator 2 was terrible.  I hate it when a sequel to an incredibly awesome movie goes bad.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 06:48 PM »

I'd pick the She-Hulk in that one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2003, 11:05 PM »

I'd pick the She-Hulk in that one.

Go Green or go home (thought the Shania special that was on earlier makes the picking harder) ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 12:46 PM »
Well, I would probably take a snooze if another Alien flick came out.  However, if they were to pit an Alien vs a Predator I'd check it out.  I think it would be interesting to do that with other characters from different films for the hell of it.  LOL!  Even my fiance wants to see Jason vs Freddy and she does not like those films.  The only reason is because they are against each other.  

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2003, 02:50 PM »
Yeah, Predator 2 was certainly no were near as good as Predator, but Alien3 and Alien:Resurrection were both horrid perversions of an excellent storyline set up by Alien and Aliens. An Alien vs Predator movie would work IMO much better than this Freddy Vs Jason movie, because the flick would be dealing with species rather than individuals. But there would need to be a couple things to make it work...

*It should not be called "Aliens vs. Predator". That just sounds dumb.

*It would need a competent director.

*It would need an excellent script.

*NO RIPLEY.

*NO HYBRID ALIEN GARBAGE.

*NO CHEEZY COMIC-INVENTED PREDATOR "HONOR CODE". The Predator needs to be taken back to its sadistic roots.

*Aliens and Predator(s) that tend toward the design and behavior of the creatures from Alien, Aliens, and Predator (The weapons from Predator2 kicked @ss though).

*Colonial Marines, baby! :D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram