Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97665 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #300 on: April 5, 2007, 10:42 PM »
I think you guys may have been a little missled about the size of my Rebel Speeder. Here is a pic that puts the scale into perspective. If you still feel that its too big to use or too high tech I won't send it. Please get me a final answer tonight because I want to make another shippment in the morning.
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 5, 2007, 11:22 PM »
I don't think the size is an issue, I just think it's a little too high profile for the Rebels... if the city is this much in Imperial control, I'd think that they'd spot a rebel hover speeder quickly and blast it before it even got within miles of the city... just my two cents.  It's a nice looking vehicle though.  If you want, you could always send it and if on site the leaders decide to display it, they will do so, but there's always the chance that some of the stuff that is sent, once on site, might not be chosen... which will probably be up to Phruby, Ryan and Glassman.

Patreek, those speeders look great for citizen type stuff.  But the cliffs cost you $75 to ship?  What the heck?  How heavy was the box, and what sort of shipping did you do?  I'm sorry that it cost that much...

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 5, 2007, 11:50 PM »
I think we could use it...

Maybe parked in some brush near the battle with some one manning the gun?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
My vote still is no. It is a great speeder, I just feel we don't really have a place for it. It doesn't belong in the city and attacking the front gate with something of that size, small as it may be by comparison, will get you noticed much easier than several footsoldiers ambushing a small Imperial patrol. The terrian isn't all that big either it is only two feet wide in most places, which is only 36 feet in scale, so that would put them awful close. If we had more terrain I think it might have fit farther out, but as is I don't know that it works.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #304 on: April 6, 2007, 04:43 AM »
I don't think the size is an issue, I just think it's a little too high profile for the Rebels... if the city is this much in Imperial control, I'd think that they'd spot a rebel hover speeder quickly and blast it before it even got within miles of the city... just my two cents. 

Within miles sure, and given that the edge of the terrain is at max 72 feet from the wall, 36 feet in most areas... I can't see the rebels even considering it. And obviously it doesn't belong inside the city.
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
What about custom children (using younglings or Jake Loyds)?

I was thinking about this and I agree.  We really need some young folk in the diorama.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
... being hurried away by their parents?

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
I think fodder might be an issue There is just not enough kid fodder out there right now. I personall never invested too much in kid fodder so my bin is pretty much devoid of younglings.
Fritzkrieg

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 6, 2007, 07:16 PM »
It doesn’t have to be used as a Rebel Speeder. Could be owned by a Big Game Hunter, Bounty Hunters, or something like that. Just take off of cover up the Rebel markings. It looks very used to me (very Star Warsy) and would look cool in the right setting. If the Rebels had something like that it would almost be taken from the Imperials. Much like how the Resistance took German weapons and equipment during WWII and use hit-n-run warfare. If anything was used for a long period of time, it looked civilian or was. I would like that this is what the Rebels would be like on this planet over like what was seen in the movies during full scale assaults.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 6, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Chewie

That included the box and the peanut foam. It weighed less than noting but it was 2 feet x 2 feet x 1 foot.  Remember i'm from Toronto so It's cross border. That's why I was bitchy about shipping.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Agreed with Fritz, I own ONE Jake Loyd figure, and to be honest, I'm not even sure where he is, or care where it is at this point.

I do think we need at least 7 kids of some sort somewhere though.

Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone, and have the rebels be kids?

No? No? Yeah, it was a bad idea.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread up...

It is creating a lot of split discussions that could easily be discussed in the diorama/figure threads.
"This is the way."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 7, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Keep in mind, also, that even if things can't be used in the UGP dio they can be displayed elsewhere as custom samples.  Niub suggested this with my sample structure that doesn't really fit into the UGP.  I'd love for Fritz' vehicles to be displayed in some form!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 8, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I saw in another thread that it was being brought up if we should have kids in this diorama or not. I say IF someone wants to make a couple, then do so.  But I wouldn't be too concerned with it.  Rarely do we see kids in the films outside of Mos Espa or the Younglings.

A possiblity though is to make a female woman holding one of the babies (Luke or Leia).

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #314 on: April 8, 2007, 04:04 PM »
What Children I can make I will, but that wont be many.