Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97444 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Fritz I replied in more detail at your regular thread at Yak, just wanted to say here again how great all of these contributions are that you're making.  We'd be in serious trouble on citizens if not for you.

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2007, 01:48 PM »
We'd be in serious trouble on citizens if not for you.

AMEN

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Trying to finish a few more to add to my box before I send it off this friday. Paul does it need to be at you house by the 30th? Or does it need to be mailed by then,  if it needs to be there on the 30th I'll send it on wed.

Adam

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Here is my latest. It is a VTL (VERTICAL TAKE OF AND LANDING). It also has real working lights.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2007, 09:54 PM »
Woops forgot the back view

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2007, 09:56 PM »
The main boosters are movable!! I'm working on landing pad but everything will be last minute I will understand if aspects dont make the cut.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Trying to finish a few more to add to my box before I send it off this friday. Paul does it need to be at you house by the 30th? Or does it need to be mailed by then,  if it needs to be there on the 30th I'll send it on wed.

Adam

Where are you getting the 30th? The figure shipping deadline is May 10th... Phruby would like everything as soon as possible though.
"This is the way."

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2007, 07:44 AM »
Sweet! I Love VTOLs! And while I never really liked the base vehicle you used, I really dig this ship - very cool 8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2007, 10:26 AM »
 Patreek - I like the ship alot.  I made a vehicle based off this toy also but yours is much better!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2007, 02:22 PM »
I would like to bring it if I can. But I'm leaving Mid Sunday and I would like to keep both the ship and the landing pad. What do you all think?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2007, 03:26 PM »
No to the landing pad. There won't be a good place for it, and it looks a bit GiJoe-ish.

To be honest I feel the ship does too, mainly because of that green color. I think the color needs to be heavily muted, and maybe even made a different color. I'd have gone with a dull red and white like Old Republic craft, a greyish color, or something else that isn't that bright metallic green. The lights are pretty snazzy though, I do like those. Of course the ship's inclusion exclsuion is all up to Glassman so wait for the final word with him on the  ship itself.
"This is the way."

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2007, 05:31 PM »
I have to disagree with you on the ship color Ryan. The metalic Green gives it a Hot rod look. There is a civilian population and there vehicles will very in style and color. I was considering making a Vehicle or swoop in Metalic Blue, Kind of a Star Wars street Racer.
Fritzkrieg

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I like the bright green myself, but I would suggest weathering the engines and other hardware on it. More so as if a teen or young man is owner and keeps the finish looking good, but the mechanics would be dated. Think 50s street rod, where the engine is beefed and the car looks good (finish wise), but the wheels are stock and the interior is shot. Also would give it a weather wash just to age it a bit. If you remember Organa's speeder looked used and he could afford a gold plated one. Just some ideas.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. I was actually going for something that did stand out. Like a Miata crossed with a Delorian. I want the pilot to have a smug smile. I wanted comething none military (low weponry). I believe this is a planet with lots of commings and goings so I would asumed that deviation from some of the drab colors (which are also cool). The platform is not painted and I thought it would have gone within the city as an extension of somebodie's Hovel. I seemed to recal an awesome speeder made out of a GI'Joe Water Mocasin. This is customising right? where we take something we don't need and turn it into something different and cool?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2007, 12:04 AM »

Adam

Where are you getting the 30th? The figure shipping deadline is May 10th... Phruby would like everything as soon as possible though.
I got the 20th on several thread paul had a message 10 days left soo yeah, ok So the tenth, that means I can finish a few more people ;D