Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97446 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Well I missed the chat and I'll probably miss the next one. Saturdays are really bad for me :( What exactly is the security force made up of Imperials? Rebels? Local Fuzz?. I'd like to start working on some cocepts.

Fritzkrieg
Um, the UGP chat is on thursday at 9 et
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2006, 09:33 PM »

I like what ive been seeing so far. As a matter of fact, I may take that 501 idea he has there and run with it myself. Its a nice design. Good work on that CM.

thanks a bunch Darth_Ennis 8) can't wait to see what you come up with, although i must admit i'm dying to revisit my design  :-\

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2006, 10:05 PM »
revisit it if you want too. If you feel iyts not complete do more to it you have till the end of the month

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going to start work on a Governor's mansion dignitary, or some other type of robed official.  I have the parts in mind.  Ennis, the ghostbuster guy is either a Mynock exterminator, starship painter, or maybe a crystal extractor from the Lullos mountains ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 02:57 AM »
As was stated before we discussed all of these things at the chat. If you didn't know about it, it means that you weren't there and that you should really try to make the next one.
Well, I had to work last thursday and I work almost every sat... with that said, I think if certain ideas are agreed apon in the chat, then they should be outlined and posted somewhere so people can see them, not everyone is able to make it to the chat, and I'd like to really be a part of this, seeing I'll be at C4...

I personally would like to see cleaner clone/Stormtroopers with almost little to no "legion" paint markings... if there are then maybe a small group of the them, kinda like the last of their kind.. and then the rest all clean and white(of course, battle damaged and dirty cause of the environment would do too, but I just meant as far as "legion" markings).
Again, I wasn't at the chat, so could someone recap, I didnt' know Vader was gonna be there either :p
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2006, 11:10 AM »
If you read, Glassmans background on the planet, Vader is in charge of the planet, so naturally the 501st is there.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2006, 11:40 AM »
I guess I read it differently, as if Vader was just incharge of making sure the planet stayed under Imperial rule.. not an Appartment there with his homies for the 501st, lol.. but that's cool.. guess someone can put one of those 4,000Vaders to use that's come out after RotS  ;D
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Nah, just have a legion of Darth Vaders under the big man himself. :P There sure are enough. :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I think I prefer regular white Stormtroopers... preferably VOTC but I'm not sending mine!   ;D

We could use SAGA2 Sandtroopers though. 

I think about 15-20 Stormtroopers sprinkled throughout the diorama would be best.  I really don't think it should be overcrowded, or it's overkill.  And if we have OT Stormtroopers, having clones mixed in will make it look kind of sloppy, at least in my opinion.

I prefer we use some OT Stormtroopers and a security force, and leave it at that.  A few Imperial Officers/Death Star Trooper type officers would be fine too.

:)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2006, 01:23 AM »
I'm with Justin on this one, I thought we wanted to set this much closer to ANH because of the 30th Anniversary. Meaning the troopers would be in plain old Stormtrooper armor with no markings or anything. The SAGA2 Sandtrooper would be a perfect choice for our basic troopers. We could mix in a few Scouts and NCOs here or there too.

I think 15-20 troopers won't be enough. I understand we need are going to have a small number because it isn't a strategically important planet and the local police take care of most of the work. But depending on the size of the diorama we are going to need a platoon of troopers or so. A platoon is 3 to 4 squads, for those of you who don't know. And a squad is made up of 8 to 12 troopers. So we are talking somewhere from 24 to 48 troopers. I think it'd be best to have a mid sized platoon with either 3 squads of 12 troopers (36) or better yet 4 of 8 (32.) I suppose it wouldn't even have to be even squad number, we could do 3 squads with 10 troopers and a fourth squad with 8 scouts that can be broken down into 2-4 teams. Or something like that.

As for officers and NCOs, we only need one officer, a lieutenant, as platoons are led by a single lieutenant. And each squad is led by sergeant. I think we could maybe base their uniforms off hemble's Imperial field officer from awhile back.

We can also have a few pilots and naval troopers if we really want to have a small naval presence. But based on what we are talking about, it doesn't seem like that will be the case. I'm kind of a military buff, so this kind of stuff really interests me. I think it be pretty cool to have a militarily accurate Imperial force. I've got several more ideas on how we could set all things military up, but I'll hold off for now and see what you guys think so far. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2006, 12:02 PM »

excuse my crappy photographs...my good camera....needs to see the doctor ;)...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:08 PM by Joe »
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08 PM »
whoops...forgot to say...the red lines , and white paint on top , are gone....I just repianted them to black...
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2006, 01:07 PM »
I made a very comprehensive concept for the security force officers last night. Unfortunatly a lightning storm took out my nieghborhoods phone lines and DSL. I'm told they won't get the problem fixed until Friday. I put the pics and the recipe up as soon as my DSL is back up. I tried to keep the design simple and used parts that are fairly easily obtained or substituted so that the custom can be easily replicated. I figure we are going to need a small squad of these guys to police the citizens. I'm also working on a Patrol Speeder.
which I'm  hopeing will be easily replicated. I get those pics up soon.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2006, 05:03 PM »
some better pics. of the officer :     

Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2006, 05:07 PM »
That's pretty stinkin' cool!
Yo is what yo is.