Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97459 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Don't worry guys I wouldn't dream of having this dio without him. So Chewie what do you say. Care to do a special edition Rykroff for the cause?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Count me in for at least 2 or 3 townsfolk or whatever type of denizen we'll need.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Well I'm extremely honored that you guys would consider that.  If you want, I could perhaps create a Rykrof and Freelo in peasant gear or something.

:)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 6, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Damn, I'm so excited about this now that I made a custom fig today for it!  I just need to pick up some super glue to put on a couple pieces and he's done!  He's a sort of miner or other kind of physical laborer.  I'm pretty happy with the paintjob, as I combined a wash with a drybrushing to get an effect similar to the great stuff Chewie does!

Edit: does anyone think it would be a good idea to standardize which vehicle base(s) people can buy, and then customize different models from it?  For instance, everyone who will make a vehicle for this project could each buy the same GI Joe vehicle or some other currently available toy, and customize it to their heart's content, but it would still be recognizeable among each version since it has the same base.  Kind of like on Earth we have multiple types of 4-wheeled cars, but they're all recognizeable AS cars.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2006, 04:49 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 6, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Edit: does anyone think it would be a good idea to standardize which vehicle base(s) people can buy, and then customize different models from it?  For instance, everyone who will make a vehicle for this project could each buy the same GI Joe vehicle or some other currently available toy, and customize it to their heart's content, but it would still be recognizeable among each version since it has the same base.  Kind of like on Earth we have multiple types of 4-wheeled cars, but they're all recognizeable AS cars

Sorry, I can't agree with this idea because I belive it stifles creativity. I say once we've decided on the types of vehicles needed. We let people run with it and come up with different concepts and then we can decide which concepts will be used. Remember not ever member has the same skill level so it would be nice if we had some simple customs that some of the less exsperienced members could work on. Another thing we might consider, is contributing fodder to memebers who may be more skilled at creating the type of customs needed. For instance if some one has a nack for making peasants, lets send him some farmboy looks to work with. LMK what you guys think.
Fritzkrieg

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 6, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Ennis what am I supposed to be making/doing right now? We won't even begin to work until they finalize the planet and how it'll look right? I haven't really been keeping up but it seemed a week or two ago everyone was just throwing out lots of random ideas and not really doing anything yet... Will you make sure to post when they give us some ideas on what kinds of figures to make and kind of assign a people to do certain things?
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #21 on: July 6, 2006, 06:52 PM »
LOL
You are out of the loop. Didn't you read the Newsletter I PMed you. We decided on Glassmans Design. So go and read his description again, and start on things that would fit in. Laborers, peasents Rich folk. We also are trying to determine the Secrurity force. That is July's MCC, UGP securtity force. :) There is plenty to do. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2006, 08:02 PM »
yeah CK, Smarty pretty much summed it up. But since he's the secretary I guess thats what hes for. :P (J/K)

As far as anything official is concerned the Security force is pretty much it right now. All the info is in the CCC thread. We will also probably be doing a Customs of us type of thing as well. For the "Jedi Defender" Cantina.

Other than that you can pretty much work on anything you want to.

I also want to back Fritzkreig on the UGP parts needs idea. Excellent idea there Fritz. BTW Fritz, my offer still stands anytime you want to take me up on it. Drop me a line.

I will be posting more info as soon as it becomes available.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2006, 09:04 PM »
a little late , I know , but I'm ..I could make a few figs... as long as it won't cost me oodles and ooodles of money to make him.  ;)
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 7, 2006, 09:13 AM »
LOL
You are out of the loop. Didn't you read the Newsletter I PMed you. We decided on Glassmans Design. So go and read his description again, and start on things that would fit in. Laborers, peasents Rich folk. We also are trying to determine the Secrurity force. That is July's MCC, UGP securtity force. :) There is plenty to do. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Lol of course I'm out of the loop. I'm never good at staying up to date on things... but I still dont know what kind of figures would fit into a Datooine feel place because I don't know what Datooine is... uh yea. So any help?

And I'll try to come up with some kind of security personel but I don't have any of the common fodder bases like cloud car pilots/rebel dudes with helmets and stuff. Maybe my kind of security force has mando helmets ;D lol
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 8, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Umm, yeah, I'll be making more than "2 or 3" figures for this  ;).  I just finished the first one!  Background info coming soon.  Here are the pics:

Recipe:
Head, torso, legs- CT cantina Han
Arms- Ep1 Obi-Wan
Helmet- reversed and cut Boushh helmet
Backpack- Ep1 Tatooine accessory repainted and extra pieces added
Beard is sculpy and body was given a dirty wash followed by a drybrush
Greg Reeves

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #26 on: July 9, 2006, 06:04 PM »
That guy is really amazing. He'll fit in very well. Awesome job! :)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 9, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Newsletter? Could I get in on the UGP newsleter, Smarty?  ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #28 on: July 9, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Sure thing perennial, I mark you down for it. the next one comes out on tuesday. :P

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 9, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Mark me down as well smarty. I've got some ideas brewing around  :P