Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97679 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2007, 12:05 AM »
I'm off to NY for the weekend for work, but I had time to put together 2 more customs for the UGP before I left. LMK what you think.

Rodian  Aristocrat

Scoundrel

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Fritz, the parts look great!  I wonder if painting over the striping on the Rodian will make it just a bit less Pirate-ey.  Maybe even a different hair color for the Orlando head (that IS Orlando, isn't it?).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2007, 09:42 AM »
I agree. I wanted to do something with the Orlando fig but I felt it would be to recognizable painting the hair and the strip is a good idea.  I'm doing stuf with the girl figure from Pirates.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2007, 09:44 AM »
I'm doing stuf with the girl figure from Pirates.

Um? I don't know quite how to take that. ;)
Fritzkrieg

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2007, 06:31 PM »
I just finished an Imperial officer for probably the inner city.  He's made from a ROTS Tarkin body and a Veers head, and I painted it all black.  I think it worked well because it has the boots from ROTS era, which phased out sometime around UGP time probably.  I also have a Sandtrooper to donate which I painted with some terrain wear; hopefully it can fit in outside the city walls with the other troops and Fritz's great Imp customs.  Side note:  I have 2 citizen WIP customs I hope to finish this weekend.

Greg Reeves

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Daigo !  TAKE IT GOOD! they are very cool. If sombody told me how they would tweek something I would welcome it, consider it, then thell them to shove it.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2007, 10:36 PM »
 ;D Very Nice! Did you have to primer the body? or what kind of paint did you use
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2007, 05:48 AM »
My last message was for Fritz

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2007, 11:24 AM »
Thanks Deanna and Patreek.  No primer, just 2 full coats of black!  I'm going to try to get the 2 citizens up by tomorrow.

Edit: here are the 2 citizens.  I hope you like her; I thought she could be a Judde Lulos native upper class denizen.  You can't see it in the pics, but she has a light wash of green on the lower cape suggesting someone who likes to take strolls outside the city walls  ;D.  The recipe is POTF2 Endor Leia with her skirt rotated, a POTF2 Garindan cape, and a ROTS Mothma head crown.  Everything is re-painted of course.  The man could be an early rebel leader (he started as a Yavin leader and I repainted him) or just a citizen.  He's made from a POTF2 Bespin Luke body, POTF2 Endor Han cape and head, and sculpy hair.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:38 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2007, 11:42 PM »
I like her a lot - and the guy too, though he seems a bit POTF2-ish.  But that's probably ok.  You did a good job with the hair sculpting, looks nothing like a Han head now.  And I like the neutral look these characters have - very much what I'd expect to see on this planet.

Also - I'm working on what I think will be an awesome Jedi to face off against Vader...

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I would like to discuss with you some final decisions on some specifics with the Rebellion theme that is going to go in with the UGP.

JEDI FIGURES

There will be three Jedi in the diorama - all facing off against Vader.

First, this one by Jedistyle -

And second, this other Jedi by Jedistyle (if he is willing to send it) -

Here's the two Jedi I plan on contributing -

--------------------------------

REBEL FIGURES

I have talked with Ryan about this quite a bit, and we are thinking we only want about 6 or so Rebels in the whole diorama.  This diorama is for an Imperial dominated world that has a firm grip. 

That being said, the Rebels are there for a reason - have we established this reason yet?  I'd like to work on a small plot line that we can add into the website description, with a mission a small group of Rebels is working towards completing - to steal plans for a rumored Imperial super weapon (but not to mention the Death Star).  A while back we had talked about having Rykrof Enloe in the diorama - I'd really like to add him in as leading the Rebel group - but no other photonovel characters from my series, just Rykrof...

...then, while the Rebels are trying to break in and steal the plans, a group of Jedi are sent in to distract the Imperials and Vader, giving the Rebels a chance to find the plans (which obviously they don't - they are either captured, die, or escape).  The Jedi squaring off against Vader will be in one part of the city, while in an alley the Rebels fight for their lives against a group of Stormtroopers... thoughts?  Then we have an actual plot line behind the city... and we can even print this on sheets and laminate them and have them in front of the display.  Of course we'd want to word it a lot better than I have!

As for the Rebels, I would like to incorporate the following Rebels into the diorama that Fritz has made -

Fritz has made some GREAT Rebel concepts and I think should be applauded... on the other ones not shown, I am not saying they shouldn't be used, but personally I think these four are the best ones - it's the color selection used and I just see them as fitting in better than some of the others that have so much more green to their outfits (almost like they have too much of a GI JOE feel to them?).

Now this guy I like too - but without all the extra accessories (I'd just give him an Endor helmet) -

What do you guys think about those 5 being the main Rebel Force, and adding a Rykrof Enloe to the mix as part of the group?  Fritz, if I send you a head of Rykrof, could you make one in this outfit -

Now, for Security Forces - I believe Fritz has really made the only Security Forces so to speak -

I say we stick with these guys... Fritz, any chance you can make two more of these guys?  Four altogether might be enough.

REBEL VEHICLES

For the Rebels, the leaders have chatted some lately and we're considering either NO rebel vehicles, or just one, because the Rebel presence is so small... which should it be if we go with one rebel tank?

OR

I suppose we could throw those two guys in the tank if needed?  Remember that the tank would be out in the woods - not breaching the city walls.

IMPERIAL FIGURES

Unless something falls through, for all intents and purposes, Darth Anton is providing the entire Imperial troops (to my knowledge).  There is no need for anyone else to bring Imperials at all, other than this custom Imperial by Daigo-Bah - which will go next to a Vader that I am providing -

IMPERIAL VEHICLES

Now, here's what we think we need:

MECH WALKER - Now, I can send mine, or maybe Fritz can send one of his.  But I think only one of us should - our painting styles are very different and would cause a lack of uniformity in the Imperial ranks.

Here's mine -

And a recent one by Fritz -

Fritz - this is your call - if you want to send yours, I won't send mine. 

IMPERIAL HOVER TANK - Again, Fritz and I have very different styles and I think they are too differnet to mesh well. 

Here's my version -

And here's one by Fritz (Rob, I'm not sure if you have any of these still or not though) -

So, if you have one you want to send, I won't send mine - just let me know.

We also need an AT-ST - I kind of want two in the diorama, one in the city and one out in the terrain.  We prefer to use this one from the POTJ line, and don't want one with pealing off stickers... wondering if Darth Anton will let us borrow one of these -

Finally, looks like going to go with 6 BARC Speeders, a bit of a throwback to the Clone Wars era instead of using speederbikes.  I have 6 that are from the new Saeulimaci (sp?) battle pack that I'll be sending.

NATIVE SPECIES

I have a few of these creatures, they are a little smaller than a Star Wars figure - they can sit on the city walls.

CITIZENS/DENIZENS

We have lots so far... but keep cranking out more folks if you can!  We can definitely use some more Arcona species!  Also maybe some Gran, Ishi Tibs or Hammerheads.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTS

I can send this and it can be a regular citizen speeder instead of Imperial -

However it doesn't have the droid head anymore (but still looks great without it - it was never glued on).  There are Imperial markings, maybe the residents there use Imperial public transportation.

That's it for now... PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL OF THIS GUYS!  We can't diddle daddle any more on this... I've been committed to what I can for a while, and still am, but as for me constructing much more, after I finish what I am doing on the wall and the large tower, I'm pretty much out of the construction phase.  I've known this for a while and have been up front about it - I'll still be around for questions/ideas/promotions/etc.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:42 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Wow, a lot to digest...

Jedi -

I agree with everything you said Chewie.  I say use the 3-4 figures mentioned

Rebels -

I agree - the rebels from Fritz should be used (exclusively). 

Rebel Vehicles -

I vote for NO rebel vehicles.  I just think with only 6 rebels, we don't need a vehicle.

Imperials - I like all the imperials you mentioned.  If I selected one troop "tank" I'd go with Chewie's design.  I'm just not crazy about the big tank gun on Fritz's piece.  I love all the Mech Walkers.  I also think that Darth Anton had a significant Stormtrooper and Imperial allotment that he was going to donate.  We need them all.

AT-ST - I'd love to see these in the diorama.  It would be nice to borrow them from someone local.

Something not on your list - Inhabitants.  Do we need to start a separate thread with inhabitants?

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
why the heck are only having 6 rebels?

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Well the first 2 Rebels have already been designated as Order66Customs projects. So unfortunatly they will not be available for the UGP. I would be more than happy to make a Rykroff Rebel but I'll need another pair of the BBI Legs if you want that recipe. The Rebel Heavy Ordanance Trooper looks like he's been cut in half without his gear I'd rather not use him with out his gear. I do have another head like that one and can use it on one of my other UGP rebels in his place. I would also really like to see at least one rebel wearing the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet to mix it up a bit.

Kronaaca didn't make the cut! :-[

I currently have no Imperial Tanks but I can make another one for the UGP. I do however have an Imperial Speeder if you'd like one of those in the dio.

I have fodder for several more Strike Mechs but none a ready yet.

On the Security Force I have enough Saw Viper helmets to build an army of these guys but as stated before, I need more Saga Imperial officer or AT-ST Driver bodies to make more.

I am a little disapointed in the lack of Imperial Custom figures. I was really hoping this project would showcase the full spectrum of the customizing community and Imperial customs are a huge part of our body of work. How about adding some diversity to our Imperial Forces. Some Imperial commandos or some unique field commanders would make for a more interesting Dio.
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hey guys - we can definitely discuss this more - these were just my personal preferences, and I talked with Ryan a bit about it the last couple days at we had come to some basic agreements - but if anyone wants to give other views - please do...

Pendragon - The thought process behind the small size of the Rebels is that the Imperials are in total command of this planet, though maybe we could increase the number a bit.  If we add on the Wookiee and General that I refer to below that Fritz made - that increases us to about 8... think that will suffice?

Fritz - that Wookiee was supposed to be on the list of Rebels - I screwed something up.  There was a pic with him and another Rebel that I thought should both go into it...

Here it is -

PLEASE add them to the mix... they are awesome!  I really didn't mean to leave them off at all.

For the guy that has the cannon, can you paint the cannon some?  I think that's what's throwing me on the figure - If it were black or gray, I think it would look less like a GI JOE weapon, which is the only thing that bugs me about it.  Is that ok?

On these guys, is there any way to replicate them at all?  If you need the parts I'll send you some money or I might even have the parts you need (I have a lot of BBI figures).  I think they are by FAR the best Rebels you've made, just truly great.  I might even have to make a bid on them.   :)

For you wanting to make more Security Guards - I can send you two POTJ Imperial officers... sound good?

On vehicles, do you have a pic of the Imperial Speeder? 

Also how about I send my Imperial Tank, and you make a mech walker or two, and I'll hold onto mine?  Would that be ok with you?

For Imperials - I think that some of us are wanting to really get a feel of what we see in ANH - very strict, standardized Imperial uniformity in terms of troops... meaning that there's not commando Stormtroopers or anything like that... this planet, after all, is for all intents and purposes a purely Imperial world - commandos and the sort would probably be deployed more on worlds that are at war/etc.  Make sense?  I hope it does... we will have lots of Imperial Officers, Scout Troopers, and Imperial Technicians at least.

For City Denizens - Brent is right, we need to discuss some more.  In about a week I should have a good idea on what I can send - anywhere around 50 custom background citizens perhaps... and I'll take new pics of everything and post them before I mail them off.

Another thing - the DROID JUNKYARD that we had discussed some... do you guys want this included still?  I think it would be really cool.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:57 AM by CHEWIE »