Multimedia > The Original Trilogy

Next question, light saber colors

(1/2) > >>

Morgbug:
OK, as I understand it, the light saber blade color is related to the particular power source used for the saber itself.  This is related to the choice made by the Jedi in question.

The real question I have, and I'm certain it's been answered a million times before, but I'm just too lazy (comes with age) is why are Sith saber blades always red?  

I know I should know, but I don't. :-[

dustrho:
I was trying to find something "concrete" about this on starwars.com's website, but there's nothing about the actual colors of the blades.  The obvious answer is that all Sith use red lightsabers... it's the color that distinguishes them from the Jedi.

Did I answer your question?  I doubt it.

Darth Kenobi:
I have heard that it has got to do with the cystal being dangerous so the Jedi don't use them but the Sith uses them so they can have alot of power.  That probally doesn't answer your question.  

Morgbug:
Good suggestions, but there has to be something concrete out there, maybe in one of the books.  Thanks for the answers though.

Dressel Rebel:
I remember a paragraph in Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter that explained Maul's fabrication and what he did to the crystal to make his double ended Jedi slayer.

I don't have time to skim the book for it now, but there was something on that in there.

:o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version