Author Topic: 80 figures for 2006?  (Read 14375 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 80 figures for 2006?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 03:56 PM »
Correct, Luke is sorta new mainly due to the accessories and the new hand, Obi-Wan still blows chunks, I guess he's sorta new too because of the robe

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Well Hasbro is probably going to continue with this repacking, rehashing, repainting from now on.  They will bust out some all new figures and resculpts obviously.  Their reasoning will be "We have to put money into making sculpts for the upcoming animated series and TV series.  That is our primary focus now.  Meanwhile enjoy our "new" figures that have been issued several times now." 

Of course we will see new figures to but that line of thought above will be coming out shortly.  If there is a nice new SA figure we can bet their will be a higher price tag on them....such as the VOTC type figures, Evolutions, etc. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 03:14 PM by Darth Broem »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2006, 03:59 PM »
I guess we've proven we'll pay more for better figures, so Hasbro's gonna keep making sure that ultimate figures are offered via VOTC or Evolutions.  Then they might repack it later.  There's still some really good new figures in the regular line too though, like the AT-AT driver.  And to be honest, I am ok with the Tatooine Wave not having the knee articulation... I'd rather them have it of course, but I am so happy with the rest of each figure (Hammerhead, Hem Dazon, Garindan) that I can't complain about it.

:)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16 PM »
2006 Saga Collection -
75 Basic Figures (counting the 2 different Endor Rebels)
12 Episode III Heroes and Villains Figures
14 Episode III Greatest Battles Figures

With the recently announced "final 22" for 2006, that brings us to 101 basic figures for 2006 (and that's not even counting the exclusives, pack-ins, or multi-packs).

Holy. Friggin'. Cow.   :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 11:27 PM »
I still wanted the basic line's number count to go to at least 100, in order to make the first zero worthwhile. ::)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2006, 02:33 AM »
2006 Saga Collection -

With the recently announced "final 22" for 2006, that brings us to 101 basic figures for 2006 (and that's not even counting the exclusives, pack-ins, or multi-packs).

Holy. Friggin'. Cow.   :o

I thought my wallet had smoke coming off of it...  This year's felt about that pace to me, but I didn't really believe it.  Now that you break it down though Jeff it's pretty clear we've been shelling out a lot for figures.  $7 a pop too...  Yeesh.  That's a whole lotta dough, especially if you're doing 1 of each irregardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2006, 12:08 PM »
2006 Saga Collection -

Holy. Friggin'. Cow.   

I was just wondering how many we ended up - and after seeing your post Jeff - yikes.  That's a whole mess of figures.  I didn't pick up everything along the way, and thankfully have passed on the "Heroes and Villains" stuff so far, but man that's a lot of stuff.  I thought this year would be a nice step down after the spending spree of 2005 with all the ROTS hoopla.  Now, it seems like I could have spent almost as much by the end of the year.  And now the news from Comic Con of (at least) 60 basic figures for next year - not counting Battle Packs, exclusives, or the inevitable "Final Repaint/Repack Wave".  A big reason why I have to cut back on collecting almost anything else outside of this.  I really, truly feel for the carded completists - these years have to be awful.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2006, 08:07 AM »
That is amazing- the funny thing is it made me take some items back, and plan on buying less. I had really considered trying to keep a set of saga on the card like I did OTC. But OTC clocked in at under 50 figures. I like the cardbacks for the ROTS repacks, but not enough to keep them if I can't have a whole set. Now I'm down to about 25-30 carded from this year, and that includes the UGH set.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I was just looking through the list of figures for the year (in the Official Checklist Thread), and counting up the number of "all new" figures for this year, and it doesn't look like a whole lot this year in the basic line.  When you take out repainted figures and include the astromechs, holos and clones - which are technically new figures, but don't take any new tooling for Hasbro most of the time.  I think I see less than 30 (out of 74) when looking for true, all new sculpts (for the entire figure, not just new heads like the Cantina Han/etc.).  I'm not including the great 5 figures from the VTSC line, or the battle packs, exclusives, etc.  But overall, in the 74 basic figure releases we should see by the end of the year, it looks like less than half were new sculpts?  I guess the OTC line only had like 7 or so, but that wasn't all of the releases for the entire year.  Not saying I'm unhappy with the line this year, but the repacks/repaints might be getting out of hand in some cases.  Like it has been mentioned by others, if its from POTF2 era it should probably be resculpted or not released at all.  Repainted clones and astromechs are fine with me, but some of the others might be getting excessive.  Anyways - just random thoughts...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2006, 04:46 PM »
I guess the OTC line only had like 7 or so, but that wasn't all of the releases for the entire year.

And the OTC figures were only $4.99!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2006, 08:48 PM »
I saved myself a lot of money due to repacks, rehashes and crappy BPs.  All in all I am happy.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.