Author Topic: Target "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack  (Read 44261 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack
« Reply #135 on: December 5, 2006, 07:45 PM »
The Padme looks more pre-posed than ever...  I'm bummed, however, the two droids are OUTSTANDINGLY huge.  Love that!  I may need two packs just for extra chameleon droids...  I can repaint R2 and 3PO, and Padme can go in the fodder bin...  I'm happy with the set.

couldnt agree more. i hate that hasbro told us she has normal articulation and thats a let down. gee, letdown #2 from hasblo in the past two days. #1 was that saga legends **** assortment. yes, i will still buy this for the chameleon droids. if the padme cloak is removable, i may just put it on the upcoming TSC Padme. that may work.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #136 on: December 5, 2006, 08:22 PM »
I hope someone asks Hasbro why they said she wasn't pre-posed when she is...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 5, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Come on isn't it obvious?  The head can turn so it's not pre-posed.  Just joking. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 5, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Come on isn't it obvious?  The head can turn so it's not pre-posed.  Just joking. 

All joking aside that is what Hasbro will probably say.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2007, 07:56 PM »
New loose pics posted over at scum. I think it's okay, but not all that. Will still pick up a set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2007, 09:18 PM »
letdown #1 was that saga legends **** assortment.

What's wrong with the Saga Legends line?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2007, 02:43 AM »
The Padme's a huge letdown...  Hasbro really seemingly misunderstood the question on whether or not Padme's pre-posed since that's a 2002 styled sculpt.  Why not just make her an unleashed figure?  :(  Disappointing is hardly even descriptive of that figure to me.  The only positive is I do want 2 sets for the droids (love those!), and I can still BS the astromech and 3PO for customizing...  I'll keep the one Padme as my collection one and the other I'll TRY to fudge her together with a factory escape Padme...  They're very similar and maybe can be fused together with a little work.  Still though, that figure's the definition of pre-posed.  You could add angle-cut elbows and hinged knees to it and it'd still be pre-posed and a whole lot of suck.

The poses killed any good thoughts I had on the Clone Wars battlepack from a little bit back too...  I'd love an Anakin battledamaged and a poseable Assajj but those figures were equally blah to this Padme.

Still I love those droids.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2007, 02:57 AM »
Big time let down. I probably won't even pick one up for the Chameleon Droids.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2007, 03:02 AM »

5 points of articulation.  ****** face sculpt.  Let down doesn't even begin to describe this.  :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2007, 03:18 AM »

I linked to the really only good other photos other than that Padme one Jesse did...  not much to say beyond that except fuzzy photography...  The droids came out nice though and that Padme shot really lets you know what a POS that is.  The headsculpt is...  different.  I wouldn't put it as the worst but it's not fantastic.

The R2 appears to be maybe the Commtech R2 though if that's of interest...  The 3PO looks like it could be anything from the MMC to the ROTS sculpt maybe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2007, 03:36 AM »
Kinda hit-and-miss overall ...

She doesn't look too bad with the cloak on, though. If I pick this set up, I think that's how I will display her.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2007, 09:02 AM »
The Padme is definitely disappointing.  Such poor articulation combined with the preposed stance is a let down, but if its going to be preposed, at least knock the sculpt out of the park - that wasn't done either.  I'll still pick up a set, because I really like the Clone Wars and those Chameleon droids are pretty sweet, but it is kind of disappointing that the Padme isn't a little better.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I think the fact that this is a EU set doesn't let the short commings bother me too much. In fact, it almost fits in a cartoony way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2007, 10:56 AM »
I'm really not surprised at all about the Padme. In fact, it's what I've come to expect from Hasbro. When have they ever made the first sculpt of a figure/style perfect? They don't do it perfect the first time on purpose; it gives them time to gradually sell you more figures until a great sculpt/great articulated version comes out down the road. Too many examples to cite here.

DS

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I agree, Hasbro is probably just going to redo this figure eventually... that's why they did the pre-posed version now.  So they can do an "ultimate" version a few years down the road.

Disappointed?  I am a little.  But really it's the big droids that I'm interested in.  I'll still pick up a couple of this set provided I can find them.

;)