Author Topic: 30AC McQuarrie/Concept Figures  (Read 73077 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: McQuarrie and Other Concept Figures
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2006, 03:11 PM »
So Vader is a given.  Those other three are probable.  Who's that leave that's still cool, besides maybe Fett?  They unfortunately seemed to hint at the fact that these may be short packed/chase figures, so cross your fingers that the resounding "BOOs" hit home, and they change their minds before these great figures hit retail pegs.

When they spoke of it in the Q@A and mentioned perhaps '1 to a case' alot of people DID boo with several yells of no more 'treasure hunts' from me..in the 2nd row(I know they heard it). I know Hasbro likely makes statements like this in front of a 'test audience' to try an guage a fan reaction to it. I'll wager they were likely having ideas of making the Mcquarrie figs next years' UGH set and wanted to 'guage the audience' reaction. I spoke to one of Hasblow's reps, Brian, and he did kind of confirm what Matt said about Vader getting done. Saying " While I can't confirm or deny it at this time..You would THINK that Vader would at least be one of the better choices for a McQuarrie Concept design figure to be made"(said with a wink at the end).

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2006, 05:52 PM »
I wonder if the 8 figure include the Stormtrooper the have already done? The ones I would like to see are:
Darth vader
Boba Fett
Luke (female concept)
Chewbacca
Any after that are kudos.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I'm kind of excited to see more McQuarrie designs in figure form, but I really hope they aren't "chase" figures or something along those lines.  Like Star Wars figures aren't hard enough to find the way it is.  Not that I was ever looking, but I never saw a single UGH figure at retail this year.  I didn't mind since I didn't necessarily need any of them, but if the hunt for McQuarrie figures is the same type of deal, its going to get quite frustrating.  Good to hear that Chewie, Vader, and the droids are likely on the way, those would be the next on my list of ones to see.  Any guesses of the rest of the 8 we'll see?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 11:23 AM »
I'm kind of excited to see more McQuarrie designs in figure form, but I really hope they aren't "chase" figures or something along those lines. 

Someone specifically brought this up during the Comic-com announcement. They said these would not be chase figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I've always loved how that concept Lando is wearing what became Leia's gown.

Funny, but I just noticed that for the first time myself...  Why the hell is Lando wearing a dress?!  :P

And yes, the Concept Stormie IS included in the 8 McQuarrie figures on tap, along with the Vader.  Hopefully some of the others will include:

C-3PO
R2-D2
Chewie
Boba Fett
Luke
and maybe Han?

Either way, it's kind of a cool little subline to look forward to, and as already mentioned earlier, perfectly appropriate for the 30th anniversary line.  I hope that with the exception of Fett, that they mostly stick with the ANH characters.

I wonder what MisterPL thinks about the subject...?  He must've thrown a party on Friday night for himself, and his concept figure quest, I'm sure.  Good stuff, and a great nod to a brilliant artist and concept designer who effectively created so much of what we have in our collections today.

Just hope they're not quite as tough to acquire as the UGH figures though.  That'd suck.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 07:17 PM »
If they are going to be UGH figures, I'm going to match an army on Hasbro HQ ;D.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 05:20 AM »
As much excitement as I have feeling with these, I can't help but think that with one McQuarrie figure being hard to find back then, and now we got 8 more? This one definitely has "scalper" written all over it. :-\
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:22 AM by Kit »

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 07:37 AM »
that's pretty much the main risk

it may be a cheap way to get (more) concept troopers though
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Concept Lando!  In concept Bespin duds!

:)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 12:04 PM »
I never picked up the original Concept trooper due to never seeing it, so I'm happy they're rereleasing him. As for the others, I don't care who they do, as long as they look great and they aren't chase figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 01:39 PM »
As much excitement as I have feeling with these, I can't help but think that with one McQuarrie figure being hard to find back then, and now we got 8 more? This one definitely has "scalper" written all over it. :-\

True, but just think if they were chase figures on top of it all? Were you would have a figure at say $20 scalped, now they were be about $50+ scapled :o. I really hope Hasbro doesn't do that to us. They are going to be hard enough to find as is ::).
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I've read thatn during the Q&A people booed at the mention of shortpacking.  I think Hasbro will get the message, and get them out there in good numbers.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 08:58 PM »
I'd really love to see Joe Johnston's Ron Cobb's cantina plant creature get a figure. I've wanted one of those for years.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 10:46 PM by Ook »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Concept Lando!  In concept Bespin duds!

:)

I never noticed that before - that's frickin' hysterical.  I always looked at Fett in that picture and never really noticed Lando. 
Beth

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 09:23 PM »
I'd really love to see Joe Johnston's cantina plant creature get a figure. I've wanted one of those for years.

Are you refering to the Jelly fish type creature? If so, that would be an awesome figure.
roron corobb
my feedback link