Author Topic: 30AC McQuarrie/Concept Figures  (Read 73658 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC McQuarrie/Concept Figures
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2007, 11:24 AM »
So was I the only one that missed the McVader and McStarkiller when they were available on HTS?!  I looked yesterday afternoon and they were still listed as 'Coming Soon'.  I checked again this morning and they are now listed as 'Out of Stock'.  Boy, you really do miss out on a lot when you sleep...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2007, 12:17 PM »
So was I the only one that missed the McVader and McStarkiller when they were available on HTS?!  I looked yesterday afternoon and they were still listed as 'Coming Soon'.  I checked again this morning and they are now listed as 'Out of Stock'.  Boy, you really do miss out on a lot when you sleep...

Nope I missed out too.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Yeah, those were both out of stock when I first happened upon them on there this morning.  When I checked, they had most of Wave 4, but basically just Yoda and 3PO from Wave 5 in stock by that time.  They must have all been in stock overnight at some point, I'm guessing.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I checked at midnight, then again at 6 AM, and they were "coming soon" at midnight, and "out of stock" at 6 AM. 

I don't get it.

Anyhow, they will be back.  I always miss the first time.

In the past, at least for all of the previous McQuarries and exclusives, they usually come "in stock" around 2-4 PM EST.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:04 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2007, 01:11 PM »
I checked at midnight, then again at 6 AM, and they were "coming soon" at midnight, and "out of stock" at 6 AM. 

That is really wierd that they would have become available overnight...

In the past, at least for all of the previous McQuarries and exclusives, they usually come "in stock" around 2-4 PM EST.

I thought that I remembered that with the Obi-Wan / Yoda pack too.  I've basically had HTS up at work for the last week and been checking throughout the day.  Hopefully they'll be back later this week or next.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2007, 03:35 PM »
I'll verify Dressel's and Brian's opinions on the timing.  I checked last night at 1 am central and then this morning 7 hours later and they'd gone from coming soon to out of stock >:(  Bloody annoying.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Same here..went to bed around 11:00 PST and woke up 5:00 am..only to find that they stocked over night! God Dam was I pissed off! Actually I think I just missed it because they still had the Protcol Droid from w4 was up still..I passed cause I was so pissed of! >:( I smell a rat..I bet some scalper has someone that works for Hasboshop. and let them know when everything will be listed.  I guess I should not be Pissed off, Im in better shape then most.  I need the Protcol Droid from w4, the "darths' from w5 along with Pre_Cyborf GG and Hermi. I had a hotwheels collector pick up McVader and Starkiller from a Wal Mart.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2007, 10:52 PM »
I just barely made it in time to get McQ Vader and Starkiller. Every damned time I order from them I to have sign up with a new e-mail after losing my password from the last time. I farted around trying to get my pass resent and ended up re-registering again, just barely getting my order in. I'm so glad because I haven't been shopping in months.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 4, 2007, 11:53 AM »
I was curious, how many of you are continuing to pick up a carded (extra) set of the McQuarrie concept figures?  I know many of us talked about it early on, but I was wondering with the difficulty finding many of them - coupled with the sheer amount of stuff out this year to pick up - if anyone has changed their mind, or is "waiting to see".  I've been trying to keep up so far, having the first three waves' worth and the exclusive ones, but I have yet to see any extras of the McQuarries from 4, 5, and 6 (although its still quite early with those).  I'm debating whether I should continue or not, or save the money, but I was just curious what some others here have done.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 4, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Brian, I've purchased every McQuarrie I've come across up to this point, either for myself, fellow collectors, or to use for trades.  That being said, I've only come across:

1 Stormtrooper
3 Boba Fetts
2 Chewbaccas
5 UGH Chewbaccas

I also have a case of Wave 5 on the way from NFC, so I can add 1 Vader and 1 Starkiller to that list once I get them.  However, I wouldn't mind at least 1 more Vader after that...  I still plan on buying anything I see in the future either to keep or trade.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #325 on: October 4, 2007, 12:05 PM »
I'm going for the complete carded set (including exclusives)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 4, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I'm going for the complete carded set (including exclusives)

Including the Euro C-3PO/R2 pack?  I was going to bite, but I don't really care much for the coins.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #327 on: October 4, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Yep, I wasn't going to actively seek it out but after SWS.com made it available I pulled the trigger
« Last Edit: October 4, 2007, 12:19 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #328 on: October 7, 2007, 06:32 PM »
So after putting my McVaders (I wanted one of each helmet design displayed) on the McQuarrie level of my EU shelf, I realized I'm almost out of space and still have 4 more to go. So I was wondering how everyone else was displaying their loose McQuarrie figures. Here's what I got at the moment...

And with the the POTF2 EU figs in front...

So as you can see I'm running out of space quick. Unfortunately, that's a motif that's happening across my entire collection room. I'm wondering what everyone else is doing, hopefully some good display ideas will be shown that I can utilize for my collection.

Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 8, 2007, 08:44 AM »
That's something I've been kind of trying to decide too is where to put the EU stuff we're getting these days.  Right now, I have the McQuarrie figures displayed by themselves on a hanging shelf, and the rest of the EU stuff has been stuffed in the two display cases I have (which are pretty much at capacity).  I try to loosely put them in the "trilogy" era they belong in, but I might have to do something else eventually.