Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Concept art and Overall Design  (Read 42508 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Concept art and Overall Design
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2006, 08:36 PM »
hmmm... what if they were yellow?

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2006, 08:46 PM »
I'm for light purple.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2006, 12:22 AM »
For whatever reason, this pic tonight I found really stood out for me.

Combining elements of past and future like that could really make this planet look awesome.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2006, 12:25 AM »
Follow this link for some interesting ideas -

CLICK HERE

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 09:14 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2006, 01:20 AM »
CHEWIE....can you edit the link so it's shorter a little bit...lol. It really throws the page off. :)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 01:29 AM »
Cool stuff Chewie.

I had an idea for the natives. What if they were ET? I think they could be made or found cheap. What do you guys think?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2006, 02:57 PM »
I'm digging a purplish color for the natives.. with maybe some speckled redish brown dots/freckles to break it up a bit.
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2006, 03:54 PM »
I had an idea for the natives. What if they were ET? I think they could be made or found cheap. What do you guys think?
roron corobb

I'm not sure how I feel about the ET idea.  I thought it was a cute add-on for TPM but I'd be afraid that if we used them as a native species our diorama would feel less "star warsish"  If pople like the idea, Maybe we can include a delegation of them visiting the planet or so?

Offline kcs5400789

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2006, 07:24 PM »
We have to incorperate some bounty hunters into this......like IG-88 and give him different paint jobs.....
Fear leads to Anger,
Anger leads to hate,
and Hate leads to
Suffering

--Yoda

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2006, 06:46 PM »
I have an other idea about the native species on the planet. How about using 6 inch figure (ML, Power Rangers or some others as base) making them larger (sub-giant) species? Could explan the mountainous area of the planet too, where they had to be larger than average. Or if we go with a Dantooine type work, it could still work, we would just need some big creatures to explan the size difference. They would be totally different from anything we have seen in the Star Wars universe and I think it could work. Maybe have some Imperial chain gangs of some miners or something like that. Any thoughts?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2006, 02:37 AM »
I'm sorry roron, I have to vote against that idea. Mixing two different scales isn't easy to do, and it never looks quite right. I stay we stick with 3 3/4" scale.
"This is the way."

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2006, 09:56 AM »
I have an other idea about the native species on the planet. How about using 6 inch figure (ML, Power Rangers or some others as base) making them larger (sub-giant) species? Could explan the mountainous area of the planet too, where they had to be larger than average. Or if we go with a Dantooine type work, it could still work, we would just need some big creatures to explan the size difference. They would be totally different from anything we have seen in the Star Wars universe and I think it could work. Maybe have some Imperial chain gangs of some miners or something like that. Any thoughts?
roron corobb

That thought crossed my mind as well. The King Kong Figures being blown out at Target for $2.50 a pop would make an excellent base for some primatives. I think I might have to conceptulize that idea.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2006, 12:43 PM »
I would think as long as they weren't humanoid, that scale idea could work.  I just don't think a Marvel Legends figure in the middle of a dio full of 4" figs would look right.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Well the don't have to be ML. My kids have some Power Ranger figures and they are only about an inch or so bigger and don't look way out there. I thing that could work well in this project. Maybe add some cloaks or robes to them and you would never know they were not part of the line.

I think I see some of the King Kong figures also when I was looking for VTSC clearance. I mihgt have to go back and see if they are still there.

Just checked and the Power Ranger figures are about 2 inches bigger. Does anyone know of a 5 inch figure lines? Would work and might look better if not so much bigger. Any thoughts?

roron corobb
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:26 PM by roron corobb »
my feedback link

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2006, 06:14 PM »
I've purchased an anime figure (Dragonball Z action figure) that has a body scale about 4.5 inches and was super-articulated.    However the heads would have to swap out and its tough to match the head scale.  Another downside is that the figures were about $10 as I recall.