Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Concept art and Overall Design  (Read 42330 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Concept art and Overall Design
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2006, 06:34 PM »
I've purchased an anime figure (Dragonball Z action figure) that has a body scale about 4.5 inches and was super-articulated.    However the heads would have to swap out and its tough to match the head scale.  Another downside is that the figures were about $10 as I recall.

How many different figures are in the line? I wonder it it would we cast them and get enough different looking figures for the UGP to fill out a native species. I might have to go track some of these down. Would you have a picture of what the look like? I'm not familiar with Dragonball Z figures. Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2006, 06:35 PM »
I really think we ought to stick to a 3-3/4" scale... that's the bread and butter of Star Wars figures.  Plus these other lines really have bad details in sculpt compared to Star Wars. 

As for a species on the planet, there's so many damn Hem Dazon figures warming pegs it seems, his species could be native there perhaps.

:)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I understand that the 3-3/4 scale is the Star Wars, but I think there is only so far you go and do with the limits of the figures we have in the Star Wars line. I'm just trying to come up with something that is different and could make the UGP remembered that much more. I'm going to try a few of they other scales. I'll post pictures for you guys to see if it is a way you might want to take it.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2006, 06:45 PM »
Well, I think in the Star Wars line the limits are endless, but maybe something combined with another scale might work; I just don't want to see He Man figures or something combined into it.  Any ideas though are welcome and are appreciated.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Well, I think in the Star Wars line the limits are endless, but maybe something combined with another scale might work; I just don't want to see He Man figures or something combined into it.  Any ideas though are welcome and are appreciated.

Oh no, I wasn't thing of just use a He-man figure. They would have to bee customized to look like they belong.

About the Star Wars line limits being endless only to degrees. I don't thing is is possible to make a 11 feet high Humanoid to 1/18th scale with what we have in the line and have it look the way it should.

If I can find some of these 4-5 inch figure line, I'll get some pictures up soon. Thanks
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 1, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I got a note that Chewie will be absent for a while. No details. In the mean time, I will take over his responsibilities as production leader for the UGP until he returns.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 1, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Well, we wish Chewie a speedy return. I for one am FINALLY back on line, and I have quoite a bit of catching up to do so let me get back on track.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: August 3, 2006, 05:25 AM »
It's great that we are getting some figure concepts right now, but I think for now we need to put them on the backburner. Figures and figure concepts can be constructed fairly quickly, but the diorama itself will take quite a bit longer. We need to start getting some finished sketches of the various types of architecture, for the city, the settlements, and the Imperial and Rebel bases. We also need some concept art for the wilderness area. The drawings don't need to have dimensions or anything like that, but me and the diorama team are going to need something to base our stuff off of sowe can start pretty soon here. Without a set type of architecture construction of this thing is going to get pushed back and we will really be rushed for time.
"This is the way."

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #83 on: August 3, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Very good point Ryan.

BrentS
Clone Commander 1
Darth Ennis
Glassman6
Joerhyno
Ryan

We should all submit  4 sketches by monday of  various types of buildings.  Lets say one more peasant oriented( less lavish, run down, dwelling in the forrest?) and one more regal. ( crime lord, imperials, barons/established places)
Space port concepts. Imperial tower concepts.  Lets start  drawing this thing up bit by bit. We post them get developmental feed back and narrow down the choices.

Lets go concept team on break.... " LETS GO CONCEPT TEAM!!!!!!"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 3, 2006, 05:25 PM »
The Diorama construction team has received instructions to start making concept buildings in the "Dantoine" style.  Does anyone have a good source of reference pics from the KOTOR game for Dantooine.  I'll post the couple that I found today that I think are Dantooine

Anyone know of any others?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #85 on: August 3, 2006, 07:37 PM »
Yeah I can russle up a few, but I do think that some taller buildings of that style will be needed, to even it all out. ;)

Smarty

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 4, 2006, 08:31 PM »
I've got a couple of ideas for a "neighborhood" type set up for the different species that will populatye the planet. Think of them as set up like Brooklyn is only with aliens. With an Ithorian quarter. "Little Rodia", stuff like that.

I don't have a scanner available but I haven't cheched everywhere in town yet. But if nothing else, I will try to take some rough pics with my digital camera and get them posted that way.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #87 on: August 4, 2006, 08:34 PM »
No one in their right mind even the rodians would go to little rodia, the rodian clans on Rodia try to exterminate them, I imagine it would be no different in little rodis. :-\

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 4, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Probably not but it was just an example Smarty. ;)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #89 on: August 4, 2006, 08:40 PM »
OH ok, see I don't catch on very quick as you can see. ;)