Author Topic: 30AC V-Wing Starfighter  (Read 24037 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC V-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #30 on: June 1, 2007, 12:12 AM »
Oh that's what makes me the sick person  you see today Rob...  I'll want a couple of each paint variant too...   :-[

Actually though, this is the paintjob I'll get 3 or 4 of and call it a day.  Depending what other paintjobs they do (Imperial grey?), I probably won't go overboard with EU designs on this ship.  It's neat but only OT EU gets my attention.  If they did a complement of this ship to the ARC-170 w/shark mouth, I'd nab probably only one of it.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 1, 2007, 12:22 AM »
In the time between my last post and now I opened my first V-Wing.  While one will be enough for me, I'm just going to add to the consensus that this is a pretty well-done ship.  I wish Hasbro could get vehicles with this level of quality out more often.  It's really something.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #32 on: June 1, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Amen to that. the big winners this year are the V-Wing and Trade tank in terms of deco - outstanding!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 4, 2007, 09:55 AM »
It figures, I actually saw one of these at Wal-Mart this weekend - but after spending $70 on VTSC figures I had to pass on it.  The mere suggestion of it to the wife got a bit of a look, which I understood.  Hopefully I'll be able to see it later on again, and pick one up.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I was fiddling with my V-Wing last night (that I just got around to opening) and discovered that you can in fact display the wings properly for landing, without damage or altering it in any way. It is a little daunting at first but it's just a matter of gently rotating both wings on one side simultaneously.

Have a look see...

It looks much better than the scissor way Hasbro handled it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:41 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird