Author Topic: Target Exclusive Rogue Two Snowspeeder  (Read 70376 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Snowspeeder w/ Zev - Target Exclusive
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2006, 09:05 PM »
ok, I have watched the scene in Empire a few times over, in slow motion and on the biggest screen in the house.

It looks as if it would not be out of the realm of possibility for a Snowspeeder pilot to have the boots on that the figure is shown wearing.

Now we know Luke is not wearing them and Wedge is not wearing them, but there are several in the "briefing" that appear to be wearing either Jack boots or Riding boots.  I can't confirm that any are Gray, but I can't tell that NONE are gray so I will not bitch on that point any more....

Now I've decided to be mad that the shoulders are not articulated enough...oh and I plan to hold my breath till they fix it..(Kidding of course about the breath holding part)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2006, 11:45 AM »
That's actually good to know. While the boot issue was less annoying to me than others, it's now moved more into the irrelevant column. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I understand the need for accuracy and for things to come through as true as possible; I deal with it at work everyday but I am not to picky about my toys.  If off the top of my head I cannot tell it is wrong then in my mind it is not wrong.  If I need to measure a figure/vehicle or bring our the cross sections book then I know that I feel to the dark side (in my mind and my own little world).

I do not stress about it and have fun.  After all we are the only ones that really "care" about how accurate this things are.

I'll take any extra figures people do not like, heck even vehicles for that matter.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2006, 08:03 PM »
I understand and I usually don't stress over the accuracy of various Cantina Aliens, Jedi, Clones, anything Prequel (basically 90% of the line)...but since the Military aspect of Star Wars is what I like and since I can't customize it to get it right if Hasbro doesn't...I just find it easier to ask that they get it right when they do it. 

It will be a travesty when they slap a Luke head on this figure and try to tell us it is Luke in Snowspeeder though...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:04 PM by Paul »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 1, 2006, 02:47 PM »
It will be a travesty when they slap a Luke head on this figure and try to tell us it is Luke in Snowspeeder though...

True and you know they will eventually

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 3, 2006, 07:57 PM »

True and you know they will eventually

And then they'll blame us for it by saying we requested it.....

When are these to be released?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 4, 2006, 11:55 AM »
I heard Winter. :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Rogue Two Snowspeeder
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Scum is reporting that this has been found in CA and KS.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2006, 06:50 PM »
I found it yesterday in STL, very cool ship, lots of fun.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2006, 09:14 AM »
I haven't been paying much attention to this item, but having reviewed the pics and comments, I have to get this. I sold off my POTF2 and POTJ versions some time ago, so it will be my only snowspeeder in the hanger.

The box is cool, I think the designers working on these could make a good case for selling some bigger background pieces for figure displays. Look at how much we appreciate nice backgrounds, whether it is ships or figure cardbacks!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2006, 10:44 AM »
I got one of these this morning before work by using the DPCI #.

Very nice ship, I love the colors and the re-tooling.  Didn't have much time to digest it yet (since I had to go to work  ::)), but maybe I can click some loose pictures tonight.   :)

First impression of it though was very positive - Zev looks pretty good for a pack-in figure (light-years ahead of that Red Leader figure that came with that TRU X-Wing).  Can't wait to get home and crack it open tonight!

edit - here's a few photos that I took so folks can get a better look at Zev...  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:55 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35 AM »
I had seen Zev in person yesterday and I was disappointed in the helmet paint scheme. The new pictures cemented that disappointment. Wasn't the helmet supposed to be in the green side? :P The pictures also give, what I hope, is a false impression that he's actually taller that the already tall Gold leader.

Ship looks cool. I forgot to look when I saw this, but in the picture it looks like the seat might actually be moved forward to make it more accurate to the prop.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2006, 02:12 PM »
If I recall, Zev's helmet is identical to Wedge's so I do believe the paintjob isn't quite right.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2006, 02:27 PM »

I don't know if we ever get a good shot of him outside of all those shadows in the Snowspeeder cockpit, so I think his green/gray helmet might be one of those "blue coat/brown coat" type of things.

It looks wrong on the toy because it's so plain and gray and we're used to brighter colors on the helmets, but at the same time, based on the picture above, it looks like it's pretty much correct as far as I can tell (without a better reference picture).

The pictures also give, what I hope, is a false impression that he's actually taller that the already tall Gold leader.

Actually, yeah he is taller.  If you look at the legs on Zev, you will see they are closer together and not as spread out as Dutch/Wedge.  Also, having that extra "skirt" thingy between the waist and the torso peices adds just a touch to his height.  The end result is that he is slightly taller than Dutch/Wedge (at least on my figure anyway).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:29 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Anyone wanting to just sell off the figure, let me know.  I'll pay a decent amount for it. 

I feel the same way I just want the figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"