Author Topic: Target Exclusive Rogue Two Snowspeeder  (Read 70380 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Rogue Two Snowspeeder
« Reply #90 on: October 5, 2006, 09:38 AM »
I cracked one of these open yesterday. I have to say that I'm disappointed with Zev. I don't think the helmet fits well, and as I mentioned before, I don't like the paint job on the helmet. While the arms and limited articulation is a mild disappointment. I could have given Hasbro a pass if the head and helmet were engineered to fit together better.

The Snowspeeder itself I give an A. The only improvement I'd like to see (giving it the A+ is the seats being moved forward.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 5, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Has anyone been actually finding these on the shelves, or just by using the DCPI #?  They haven't shown up at our local stores yet, but I thought it might be just a little bit yet.  I'm really looking forward to this, as I don't have a Snowspeeder (modern), and its one of my favorite ships of the Saga.  I'm just hoping I don't miss the boat on these.  The vehicle spots at our Target is taken up by the starfighter assortment of things, as well as an endcap of these and the "tubed" Unleashed.  Just curious where everyone is finding these, or if they "technically" weren't supposed to be on the floor quite yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: October 5, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Has anyone been actually finding these on the shelves, or just by using the DCPI #? 

Yes, some Targets started the season reset over last weekend.   We had a few brand new or remodeled Target stores open locally yesterday and they debuted with the new planogram - the 3 new non-exclusive Battle Packs, Kit's Starfighter, and the Snowspeeder were all stocked on the shelves.

Been a few reports of other Target stores across the country re-setting the toy aisle or stashing the Snowspeeders on the "overlfow" area on the very top shelf area. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 5, 2006, 10:19 AM »
Yes, some Targets started the season reset over last weekend.   We had a few brand new or remodeled Target stores open locally yesterday and they debuted with the new planogram - the 3 new non-exclusive Battle Packs, Kit's Starfighter, and the Snowspeeder were all stocked on the shelves.

Been a few reports of other Target stores across the country re-setting the toy aisle or stashing the Snowspeeders on the "overlfow" area on the very top shelf area.

Thanks for the info Jeff, I really appreciate it.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for the reset, or on the top shelves, hopefully it will start showing up soon.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 5, 2006, 11:22 AM »
My local store has in them in the backroom right now.  I just haven't wanted to wait and get them yet.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: October 9, 2006, 02:56 AM »
I'd already seen that actually...  Typical "My toy is perfect, you're the one who is wrong!" kind of talk though.  I bet it's also coming from people who feel Hasbro does them a service by making this stuff, and that we should be "thankful" we have it to buy.  ::)

The best diagram I have seen of a Snowspeeder is from the old Tech Journals...  It was based on the set blueprints for the lifesize snowspeeder more than anything, and it showed just how tiny it is.  If I can, I'll scan it.  It's the only diagram of the ship I've seen that truly reflects its scale because it includes a human silhouette for reference.

I love the guy who said, "Look you couldn't even fit legs in there, ILM got it wrong not Hasbro".  that's the most brilliant thing I've ever heard.  Yes, professional scale model makers got it wrong...  Kenner didn't.  Brilliant.

Anyway, the guys in that thread acting like they have a foggy friggin' clue about the actual dimensions are simply wrong.  Bust out FSWtoIJ to get some actual real model dimensions and even a simple look at how tiny the Snowspeeder is...  It's good to see at least some people in that thread appear to know what they're talking about.

Yes the Snowspeeder toy is big, yes it is a nice sculpt...  Sometimes I like toys too for what they are, but when they're not to-scale they're not.  You can't fudge that.

The ARC Fighter and Gunship are GREAT toys, probaby the best vehicles ever made by Hasbro (well the gunship anyway), but they're nto to-scale no matter how badly I wish them to be... 

Oh and to the guy who said the Jedi Starfighter from ROTS is oversized, you're wrong as well...  Hasbro actualy got that right.  It's pretty spot-on.  I was surprised, but it's the truth.  I can provide the #'s on it.  I was going to pass on JSF's till I got some specifics on the ship and I had to have them then. 

I don't post at Rebelscum because of threads like that...   There were the influx of uninformed people who just KNEW they were right about this or that...  Well telling me, "My toy is right by me looking at it and everyone else who actually has sat down and figured this out mathematically is wrong", is more than enough for me to not really care what that person is saying. 

Because how could Hasbro be wrong?  Obviously it was the people who made the models and props who got it wrong...  I'm still laughing about that.   :D
« Last Edit: October 9, 2006, 03:02 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2006, 12:17 PM »
The local Target finally did something with their SW section earlier this week, but still no sign of the Snowspeeder.  They did a big endcap on the action figure aisle with a metric ton of TF Falcons, Kit Fisto's Snot Rocket, and the new mass-release BPs, but the shelf that had the "CLASSIC SNOWSPEEDER W/ REBEL: 29.99" sticker on it was quickly stocked with about 14 more Kit Fisto things.  Great.   ::)

Why can't Target put their exclusives online like every other retailer that gets exclusives?  As far as I recall, the only one that made it to the website was the A-Wing back in 2003, but before and after that, Target seems to get more and more exclusive items but the distribution never seems to improve.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2006, 12:09 PM »
They did a big endcap on the action figure aisle with a metric ton of TF Falcons,

Yeah, what's the dealio with all the TF Falcons?  Our Target doesn't have an endcap but rather the overstock shelf is stacked to the rafters with these things.

These are going to be a tough sell - we've seen that at WM already.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Here in NC, they are on and endcap with the TF Millenium Falcon.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2006, 10:56 PM »
I don't know if it was a "new store special" or what, but I stopped at one of the recently opened Target stores here in the Twin Cities and the Rogue Two Snowspeeders there are marked down to $22.49 (25% off)!  :o

I grabbed one to return with my old receipt ($30 plus tax) for a savings of $8 after taxes - that's just too good to pass up!  The shelf tag said the $22.49 price runs through the end of the month... might not hurt to check your local Targets for the discount price too!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2006, 11:24 PM »
I'll certainly be checking out that action tomorrow. I remember when $30 got you a snowspeeder with two figures. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2006, 02:39 PM »
Great. I spend $30 on it Friday night, and now they're knocking $7 off.

I'd almost buy another for that price.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2006, 03:23 PM »
The Target near me has actually done a fairly good job of keeping these stocked.  After my earlier complaints, Target finally stocked these three days later, and every time they've sold out, they've put four more out (four at a time on three separate occasions).  Compare this to the Kit Fisto Snot Rocket, which still numbers in the mid-teens on the shelves, and I think that Target has a winner on their hands with this one. 

It also points to the fact that while an EU ship here and there might be nice, the EU ship needs to have some visibility and/or accompanying figure who will, you know, do something novel like FIT IN THE COCKPIT.  As nice as the AOTC and ROTS Jedi Starfighters are, I think it's time that Hasbro puts the nail in those coffins for the time being and concentrates on some other vehicles, like the Snowspeeder and the forthcoming Hailfire Droid and AAT, that haven't been at retail in a long time.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2006, 09:40 AM »
The Target closest to me that used to be fantastic, but went to crap in a single day, still has not put these out. I have to travel further to see if any of my local stores are doing the sale.