Author Topic: SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics  (Read 14435 times)

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics
« on: February 1, 2006, 01:51 PM »
A new post on the Dark Horse message board by Randy Stradley, Vice President of Publishing at Dark horse has what you are looking for.

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8732&sid=2ec230d7dc4ef49be9a030e15049bb9e

Star Wars Legacy
Set 100 years after what we know about Star Wars.

Looks interesting.  And with John and Jan on the creative side of things, I am really looking forward to this.

Corman
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 01:00 AM by Jeff »
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Horse announces NEW Star Wars ongoings series
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Looks very interesting!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Dark Horse announces NEW SW series.....
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2006, 03:48 PM »
So Steven Tyler is apprenticed by a Space Pirate, and becomes total enemies with the nearly nude offspring of Aayla Secura and Darth Maul. Neat.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Only 25 Cents! I may have to pick this up.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 2, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Here's DH's solicitaion for Legacy #0 :
Welcome to the beginning of a grand, new chapter in the Star Wars saga!

More than a hundred years have passed since the events in Return of the Jedi and the days of the New Jedi Order. There is a new evil gripping the galaxy, shattering a resurgent Empire and seeking to destroy the last of the Jedi. Even as their power is failing, the Jedi hold to one final hope: the last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy.

It's a brave new galaxy for Star Wars fans, at once familiar and surprising—interplanetary intrigue and adventure on an epic scale; iconic heroes and villains cast in new roles and caught in surprising new situations. Everything you've loved about Star Wars, but nothing you expect!

This special 25˘ comic sets the stage for the launch of the new Star Wars: Legacy series, which begins in June!

• Continuing Dark Horse’s exciting relaunch of its Star Wars publishing line, celebrating the company’s twentieth anniversary.

Pub. Date: May 17, 2006
Format: Full color, 32 pages
Price: 25˘

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:32 AM »
More new Legecy news.....

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6f462d16c08f419f2b3f3d4975f7b962&threadid=58816

and there may be spoilers in the article.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Cool!! Thanks for the link!!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 06:29 PM »
It'll be nice to not have to try and determine how the comics and novels mesh in a timeline!  I still don't have that down.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
More news on "Legacy"!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 8, 2006, 12:58 AM »
From DH.com:

Randy Stradley, Senior Editor
STAR WARS: LEGACY

Updated 4/7/2006

Some of you may have already tumbled to the fact that 2006 marks Dark Horse's twentieth anniversary. Many of you are, I'm sure, already cognizant of Star Wars' impending thirtieth anniversary next year. Here at Dark Horse, Jeremy Barlow, Dave Marshall, and I -- along with creators like John Ostrander, Jan Duursema, John Jackson Miller, Brian Ching, Rob Williams, Brandon Badeaux, and a host of others -- have been working on our twentieth/thirtieth anniversary plans for over a year now.

You've already seen Knights of the Old Republic, and a sneak peek at Rebellion (issue #1 is on sale just a few days from this writing!), and it's almost time for us to let our latest cat out of the bag: Legacy. Certainly the most controversial of our new looks at Star Wars, Legacy takes place one hundred years after the very latest thing you know about that galaxy far, far away, and speculation on the series has run the gamut from awed to angry. But you can just relax - I'm not about to reveal details about the series so close to the release of the special Legacy #0 issue, or the first of three (count 'em, three) articles about the series in Star Wars Insider. However, I will let you in on the behind-the-scenes story on the covers to the Legacy series.

Artist Adam Hughes and I went to meet the cast of Legacy to capture in-character shots of them for the covers, and to ask them about their roles in this galaxy-spanning drama. Finding time to get groups of characters together between all of the action that writer John Ostrander and co-plotter and artist Jan Duursema are putting them through wasn't easy, but Hughes managed to obtain the shots he wanted, two of which you see here. When I left him, he was working on a third cover, but having some difficulty getting two of the characters to pose to his requests. "Do they think they're royalty or something?" I heard Hughes mutter as I departed to interview some of his previous subjects.

I caught up with the cast, mostly unknowns, at various points on and between Coruscant, Socorro, and Lok. The Sith were, perhaps understandably, reticent about their parts in the story. "Get away from me, freak, or I'll slice you in quarters," hissed Darth Talon.

"We should have warned you about the Sith," laughed Cade Skywalker, easing back into his seat in the corner booth in Rik's Cantina and casually slipping an arm around the shoulders of Deliah Blue. "Not all of us are as stand-offish as they are. Right, Deliah?"

"I liked you better when you were 'brooding,'" said Blue, ducking Skywalker's arm and slipping gracefully out of the booth, leaving an unmistakable pheromone message in her wake.

My interview was cut short when an altercation between Skywalker's friend Jeriah and Rik's bartender threatened to turn violent. But even as I beat a hasty retreat, I'd seen enough to know that the characters were taking to their roles as though born to them.

Look for Legacy #0 in May! Only 25˘ wherever fine comics are sold!

- Randy Stradley

« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 01:00 AM by Qui-George »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics
« Reply #10 on: June 6, 2006, 08:39 PM »
So is this thing out yet? I requested it in my box at the comic shop but I havent seen it yet? Did I just miss out, or has anyone else got it?

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 6, 2006, 09:11 PM »
The 0 issue hits tomorrow!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2006, 03:43 PM »
I initially thought I'd just be sticking to the Star Wars: Rebellion comic for my SW comic interest, since I'm more into the OT, but while at the comic shop yesterday I decided to pick up the 25 cent special for Legacy.  It is basically a guide to some of the characters, worlds, and ships that will appear in the series - but it got me interested.  I think I might check out the first few issues and see what its like.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2006, 03:54 PM »
My LCBS threw the $0.25 issue in as a freebie for subscribers this week.

I wasn't too impressed with some of the stuff (like having a pile of Sith Lords and yet another Empire), but some of the other things seemed like cool ideas to play off of (the Jedi backing the Vong and causing another War).

I kinda feel the same as you Brian.  I think I'll end up picking up the first few issues to see where it goes...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 9, 2006, 05:30 PM »
I got my 25 cent issue yesterday. Its very intriguing. So far I like what ive read. The multiple sith lords are a nice idea I think. I am anxious to see how this plays out. Ive already got custom ideas for Cade, and Darth Talon. I like the fact that theyve taken the recent Vong invasion to the next logical step. It should be an interesting read in any event.