Author Topic: SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics  (Read 14398 times)

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
SW Legacy #1 preview (Spoilers!!)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Here's the preview from DH.com for issue #1 ( Spoilers may apply}:

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Legacy
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 12:01 AM »
I have been waiting for this to come out for months now. Issue #o as much of a tease as it was, only made me want it more.

I have to admit though, issue #1 was a lot of lead in, I didn;t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Make no mistake, I still enjoyed it. But I want to read a little more about the crew of the Mynok. I wish it would have been a double issue so we could have gotten to that story much quicker.

Since the Rebellion and Knights of the Old Rpublic just aren't as good as Republic and Empire I am really hoping this book does well.

What do you guys think?

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 12:03 AM »
I must really be tired, I didn't even see this thread when I made my own up above. Is there any way someone can combine these. Id hate to have to type that all over again. ;D

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Merged as requested.

I'm still not sure what to think about the Legacy thing... Particular parts of it just don't appeal to me at all... but hey - maybe it'll turn out better than expected.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 5, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Just got done reading issues #0 and #1.  I definitely like where this is going.  Can't wait for the next installment.

On a related note, this is my first real entry into the events of the New Jedi Order.  Any suggested reading I should check out to get me up to speed on where they are at?  Or I guess better stated, where they have come from?  ???

Thanks for any help you can provide.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 5, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Just got Legacy #0 in the mail from SciFiGenre. It's cool seeing all the new Imperials, Sith, Ships, Locations, etc, sort of reminds me of the old "GI Joe Yearbook" comics that Marvel published that gave profiles of characters, weapons, and vehicles.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Just picked up #2 today.  I could only flip through it before I had to get back to work, but Darth Talon has made her Legacy debut.  ;)  I'm very interested to see what's been going on for the last 7 years...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Just got Legacy #3 today during lunch.  My favorite part of this issue is when Luke makes a surprise appearance to talk to Cade.

A few more characters introduced and a few plots starting to hatch.  I just hope that they don't take another two months to release #4.  The wait for #3 was brutal.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 02:27 PM »
yeah i've only read three njo books and i consider them the best ones, i know what happens in the rest and these three are the most eventful and best reads:

Vector Prime-Star by Star-The Unifying Force

as for after the njo, everything is cool:
Dark Nest Trilogy:the joiner king,the unseen queen,the swarm war.

Legacy of the Force: Betrayal,Bloodlines,etc....

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 04:05 PM »
yeah i've only read three njo books and i consider them the best ones, i know what happens in the rest and these three are the most eventful and best reads:

Vector Prime-Star by Star-The Unifying Force

as for after the njo, everything is cool:
Dark Nest Trilogy:the joiner king,the unseen queen,the swarm war.

Legacy of the Force: Betrayal,Bloodlines,etc....

What does this have to do with the legacy comic series?

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Just got done reading issues #0 and #1.  I definitely like where this is going.  Can't wait for the next installment.

On a related note, this is my first real entry into the events of the New Jedi Order.  Any suggested reading I should check out to get me up to speed on where they are at?  Or I guess better stated, where they have come from?  ???

this...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 05:45 PM »

this...

Well you could've quoted that in your original post...

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Personally, I have my suspicions about Darth Krayt. I think he will end up being Jacen Solo myself.

If this turns out to be true, than reading the entirety of the NJO series would be good background material. The highlight would be Traitor.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 02:00 AM »

On a related note, this is my first real entry into the events of the New Jedi Order.  Any suggested reading I should check out to get me up to speed on where they are at?  Or I guess better stated, where they have come from? 

this...

Well you could've quoted that in your original post...

::) Get over yourself.

As for Legacy and the earlier timelined books Legacy of the Force, I'm definitely starting to sense a connection. Jacen falling to the dark side is a plot line I didn't sense, though I usually stick to books that involve other characters I know a little more about. Having not read the Young Jedi Knights series I don't have a clue as to whether or not this is a reccuring aspect of Jacen, but as I recall, Jaina was the one who was falling to the darkside.

Anyway - Legacy's been an interesting series so far and I'm looking forward to getting into the thick of it like I did with Republic. Personally, I found it most interesting around #66, albeit a little late, but juicy nonetheless. Legacy's gotten a real kick in this issue though. You can see the big issues that are gonna get hit and really---who doesn't love SW Bounty Hunters?

On that note...WTF?!

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 02:23 AM »
don't know about you guys but i'm skipping issue four, and really wish they'd make the issues abit longer. i haven't bought single issues since the late nineties and remember them being well worth the standard 2.50 back then. what gives?

if anything i gotta say the writers are trying way too hard with Cade and his bunch to be original, a drug addict/bounty hunter/scum bag whose supposed to turn into somebody we like?   mark renton (trainspotting) or Robert Downey JR. is this an attempt at creating new mythos? lol