Author Topic: Think we'll get any VOTC/VSTC that never had a vintage figure made?  (Read 16731 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
That's the day I quit collecting.  :-X

So, if Hasbro were to offer a wave that consisted of this in the vintage style format, you'd quit this entire hobby that you spend so much toy runs/money/internet time on?

- VSTC ROTS Final Duel Darth Sidious
- VSTC ROTS Commander Cody (done right!)
- VSTC Qui Gon Jinn
- VSTC Mace Windu

:)

I've been looking for a good excuse.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile

So, if Hasbro were to offer a wave that consisted of this in the vintage style format, you'd quit this entire hobby that you spend so much toy runs/money/internet time on?

- VSTC Qui Gon Jinn
- VSTC Mace Windu

I agree. I would go back and focus my time on my vintage collection. I have already made big compromises in the way I collect do to the lack of figures they should have given us to begin with, so I could bail out with no questions asked.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
From ActionFigureInsider.com:

3. More VOTC/VTSC in 2007 is great news. Is there any chance of a similar premium style line based on the prequel trilogy?

Right now, there are a lot of OTC characters yet to be done in Vintage style. In the future, if the series continues, we may look at doing prequel figures in Vintage style …. But it probably won't be anytime soon, especially since there are still so many Kenner figures to consider!

Thanks Jeff!

...and Artoo too.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 07:21 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

- VSTC Qui Gon Jinn
- VSTC Mace Windu

I agree. I would go back and focus my time on my vintage collection. I have already made big compromises in the way I collect do to the lack of figures they should have given us to begin with, so I could bail out with no questions asked.
roron corobb

Bail out!?  Yikes.  I'm too much in love with this hobby to bail out, even if they decided to throw Animated figures onto vintage packaging... OMG, what a horrible idea!  That really does kind of make me sick thinking about that one.

Regardless, I'll still stick to what I like, no matter what they do with the line.  I don't see myself ever bailing out.  I've invested too much of my life into collecting and enjoying the hobby.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
- VSTC Mace Windu

I'm drooling at the thought of that...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I'd like that too quite a bit.  I think that Mace is the most looked over character in the prequels by Hasbro.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile

- VSTC Qui Gon Jinn
- VSTC Mace Windu

Drool on all of those! But I'm starting to think this would be a bad idea becyase these can be in the basic line saving 4 or 3 bucks.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I agree, I'd rather see them at $6 pricetag as well... but then again, if the only way we'd get ultimate versions of those figures was to pay $10, I'd go ahead and say make them that way.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
I'd like that too quite a bit.  I think that Mace is the most looked over character in the prequels by Hasbro.

Exactly! I just don't undertsand how practically every other PT Jedi has a figure that has a great sculpt (or close to it), and all the past Mace figures have been crap. Finally Hasbro understands us, since we'll be getting an SA Windu next year :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
I agree, I'd rather see them at $6 pricetag as well... but then again, if the only way we'd get ultimate versions of those figures was to pay $10, I'd go ahead and say make them that way.

Fine then, pay 10 dollars, pay 10 thousand dollars for all I care - just don't put them on freaking vintage Kenner cards. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
I do not know about the $10 for articulation.  That is the reason I have no VOTC Stormies or VTSC Scouts.  I do not think I should have to shell out 10 for something they proved they can do for less than five (SA clone trooper). 

My guess is that if Hasbro goes the $10 route or higher then I will not. :'(
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Fine then, pay 10 dollars, pay 10 thousand dollars for all I care - just don't put them on freaking vintage Kenner cards. 

The thing I don't get is, if you are an opener, what in the world does it matter what packaging it comes on?  Put them on freaking Strawberry Shortcake cardbacks for all I care, I'm going to open and enjoy good figures.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
The thing I don't get is, if you are an opener, what in the world does it matter what packaging it comes on?

Pretty simple.

Money.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
The thing I don't get is, if you are an opener, what in the world does it matter what packaging it comes on?  Put them on freaking Strawberry Shortcake cardbacks for all I care, I'm going to open and enjoy good figures.

I collect everything carded, and loose.

44 VOTC Stormtroopers and 22 evolutions packs say it's not about money for me.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:54 AM by Rob »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The thing I don't get is, if you are an opener, what in the world does it matter what packaging it comes on?

Pretty simple.

Money.

Oh.  Yesterday you said it was because it would be urinating on the memory of the vintage line more than they already have.  I thought it was the purist in you.