Author Topic: Think we'll get any VOTC/VSTC that never had a vintage figure made?  (Read 16733 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The thing I don't get is, if you are an opener, what in the world does it matter what packaging it comes on?  Put them on freaking Strawberry Shortcake cardbacks for all I care, I'm going to open and enjoy good figures.

:)

I collect everything carded, and loose.

44 VOTC Stormtroopers and 22 evolutions packs say it's not about money for me.

It's not really about the packaging for me, it would be money actually.  Still I'd rather see a $10 Rebel Fleet Trooper that was awesome regardless of how it was packaged, than perhaps another reissue of the POTJ version.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Oh.  Yesterday you said it was because it would be urinating on the memory of the vintage line more than they already have.  I thought it was the purist in you.

That's certainly part of it, too, but I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that the expense was a factor, as well. 

But I understand if that may have gotten lost in the shuffle, with the four-or-five dozen posts you made here yesterday. . .
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:06 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Oh.  Yesterday you said it was because it would be urinating on the memory of the vintage line more than they already have.  I thought it was the purist in you.

That's certainly part of it, too, but I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that the expense was a factor, as well. 

But I understand if that may have gotten past you, with the four-or-five dozen posts you made here yesterday. . .

Ah, I knew the personal insults couldn't be far behind.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:13 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Ah, I knew the personal insults couldn't be far behind.

No personal insults here. 

You posted a ton of stuff yesterday, so it's perfectly normal to assume that you would have spent more time typing instead of listening to what other people had to say.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

I can't speak for Matthew,  but that's certainly 99% of it for me. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Are we still talking about little plastic toys or is this about something important and serious? ???
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
For the record I'm all for non-vintage figures getting slipped into the vintage modern collections...  I'd prefer that Hasbro focused on getting the main characters and army builders FROM the Vintage line out first...  But I'd prefer certain non-vintage figures getting slipped in over some actual vintage figures.  That's partly the customizer in me though since I've enjoyed seeing people's work to make a vintage Tarkin or vintage Fleet Trooper... 

For me I'd prefer the RFT get a $10 great figure over no decent basic figure...  I want to see some vintage redo's though first like Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Leia Hoth just off the top of my head... 

I'd take a vintage styled RFT over Rancor Keeper any day though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

I'd take a vintage styled RFT over Rancor Keeper any day though.

I'll take both - or my dream of having an entire vintage carded set (yet to begin) next to an entire VTSC carded set will never become reality.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I'd take both, don't get me wrong Rob, but I'd take the RFT first I guess is my meaning there...  I want that more. 

I want that in the basic line though of course...  If they'd put this stuff out in the basic line, or be more willing to imply they WOULD put this level of quality into the basic line (as they should) more often, then I'd not have the desire to see the "Vintage" styled Fleet Trooper over background figures who were in the vintage line originally.

I'd take a Rancor Keeper too though...  It'd almost be comical.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I want more RFT Troopers too, done right.  Maybe not as much as Jesse has spoken out about it, but pretty damn bad.  If it's VSTS, Evolutions, whatever.  For $10, if done right, I'd get at least 20 of them.  As long as they are done right, I'd be happy regardless of packaging or whatever gimmick they tried to go with.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
I would go nuts (in a good way) to see a Rebel Fleet Trooper on a newly created "Vintage" card.  It would be like a "what if..." card, and would satisfy a strong childhood to have that figure on a Kenner card.

For that matter, I would have been happy if they'd put the recent Santrooper in the VTSC on a newly created Vintage style card. Again, as a kid I really, really wanted a Santrooper, but Kenner never delivered.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
That's a good idea too Speedermike, at least in my opinion.  I'd go for that.