Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194545 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #900 on: October 6, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Now that's a Chase figure.  If it weren't, it'd warm like self lighting charcoal briquettes.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 6, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Aww crap, my cousin's gunna want that. I know it... TRU here I come...

Does this mean we might get a Saints Brees in NFL14? I sure as heck hope so...  ;D
« Last Edit: October 6, 2006, 12:22 PM by Madcow »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 13, 2006, 06:05 PM »
NFL 13 hit big here today.  First stop was TRU, didn't see any chase figures but I got the 2 I wanted, Randy Moss and Carson Palmer.  Eli Manning looks bad so I left it.

Then I hit KB, and  :o BAM  :o AFRO Moss right there on the pegs.  Got that one and I think I'm all done with this wave unless I change my mind on Manning.

NFL 14 is different, looks like I'm getting all of that wave.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 14, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Then I hit KB, and  :o BAM  :o AFRO Moss right there on the pegs.  Got that one and I think I'm all done with this wave unless I change my mind on Manning.

Lucky son of a gun...Living in Minnesota it is as certain as the snow that I will never find that piece on the hooks!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 16, 2006, 01:52 PM »
I think the Moss and other chases are going to be more available then chases of the last few series. i've heard alot of reports of finding them at retail, some have even found mulitples. I'm really glad that they're doing it this way. Some of the chases in the past have been rediculous to find. I just pray that in NFL14, they have only 1 version of Reggie Bush. My wallet can't afford more than that right now...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:53 PM by Madcow »

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 16, 2006, 08:58 PM »
i used to only collect chases and found many at retail. chases don't do anything for me anymore. they are hard to get at first but after a few series i notice that some of these impossible figures are easily obtainable. now, i only collect players from my favorite teams. leaves more cash in my wallet that way considering i always bought players from my favorite teams anyways...

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 17, 2006, 02:07 AM »
One more suprise for NFL13:

Only ships in TRU cases.

Anyone finds one of these I would be one happy camper to take it off your hands.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 17, 2006, 10:12 AM »
i used to only collect chases and found many at retail. chases don't do anything for me anymore. they are hard to get at first but after a few series i notice that some of these impossible figures are easily obtainable. now, i only collect players from my favorite teams. leaves more cash in my wallet that way considering i always bought players from my favorite teams anyways...

Same with me. I used to be hardcore into these starting around series 3 but the hunt was getting rediculous so I sold it all and now just buy the Saints players...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 17, 2006, 07:16 PM »
 8)

'Fro

;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 17, 2006, 07:17 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 17, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I'm a Giants fan and I passed on Eli Manning.  I know McFarlane is telling us that's Manning, but the body type and face sculpt is all wrong.  They did a real bad job on that one.

I also left Bledsoe, Cadillac, and Bruschi on the pegs.  Bledsoe just isn't that great of a player, Cadillac I may end up getting, and Bruschi I may get in the Pats 3 pack, but still I hate the figures that are skewered on a stick sticking out of the turf.  Just looks damn awful.  They should make that stick clear or something to help the esthetics.

The only slam dunks for me that I found were Moss, Moss Afro (which I was pleasantly surprised to find), and Palmer.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 18, 2006, 10:58 PM »
So far I've scored what I set out to get:  both Mannings and as luck would have it today, I found a Titans Mawae.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 22, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Started seeing the NFL team 3-packs this weekend.  I honestly don't have a lot of interest in these other than the Giants set.  I saw one of those today, but the paintjob on Plax was pretty bad.  I'm passing until I can find a good one.

The Dallas lineup seems kind of blah.  You would think that McFarlane might have tried to get a TO in the lineup for that.  The Pittsburgh set is okay with Joey Porter being in the lineup, and I know Big Ben was kind of hot as a figure last year.  But I'm not buying another Hines Ward.  The Pats lineup is decent, but really, how much has Corey Dillon even played this year?  It seems like Maroney is getting most of the carries for New England.

I definitely like the concept here, but what other teams are good choices for this kind of offering?  You could probably do a Colts set.  Maybe a Chargers set, too.  But who else, really?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 22, 2006, 05:59 AM »
Saw the Pats 3 packs this evening at TRU. Was hoping that they would have the Steelers one but the Pats was the only one that had.  :-\
I remember my dream now.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 23, 2006, 04:03 PM »
For anyone that needs the 2nd set of Deions, they're up at the Spawn Store.

Some of the clamshells have minor wear so all of these figures will be sold AS IS and no returns will be accepted. We are also limiting the purchase to two of each figure per household.