Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194747 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #915 on: October 23, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Saw the Pats 3 packs this evening at TRU. Was hoping that they would have the Steelers one but the Pats was the only one that had.  :-\

lucky!! hopefully, we get the 3 packs in shortly over here. doubtful, that i'll see the pats 3 pack around these parts (i don't live too far from gillette stadium)...but anythings possible, i saw plenty of the red sox 3 packs over the summer...

For anyone that needs the 2nd set of Deions, they're up at the Spawn Store.

Some of the clamshells have minor wear so all of these figures will be sold AS IS and no returns will be accepted. We are also limiting the purchase to two of each figure per household.

saw that earlier. thanks for the heads up. i'm gonna pass on those considering i already have the rice/deion 2 pack already. good luck to everybody getting those deions though!!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 24, 2006, 10:01 PM »
I found all of the team sets at TRU tonight.  I have almost all of the figures in these packs already, and passed on all of them.

The more I think about these, the less sense they make.

I'm a little annoyed that I might have to cave on the Giants pack eventually for Plaxico.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 24, 2006, 10:56 PM »
MLB 19 announced for June '07

Albert Pujols 3
Jonathan Papelbon
Scott Kazmir
Prince Fielder
Pedro Martinez 2
Johnny Damon 2

Looks like a good lineup except for Prince Fielder which sticks out like a sore thumb among those players.  First of all, he didn't even lead his team in a single statistical category.  He's a good player, but the list of names of great players that haven't been made yet is so long, that it goes without saying that about 20-30 players should have been selected over Fielder who's greatest achievement to date is .271 28 HR  81 RBI.  I'm not a Mets fan or a Twins fan, but lots of names come to mind just on those 2 squads.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 27, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Ran into another Eli Manning in KB today, passed on it again (but loaded up on Star Wars).  I don't know what happened, but sometime between when McFarlane.com posted these photos...

...and when the figure actually hit the brick and mortar shelves, the face sculpt got all ****** up.  It looks like Eli on the website, but not in living color when you find the figure.

I don't know if any of you thought this before I brought it up, but it stuck out like a sore thumb when I found the figure.  So much so that I'm passing on it, even as a Giants fan.

Broke down and bought the Giants 3 pack though for Strahan and Plaxico, even though I got a 3rd Tiki.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 2, 2006, 10:06 PM »

Boo-yah. 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 2, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Damn you Brent, that one and the Mohawk are the two chases from that wave that I really want to find. The home jersey just looks so much better. Any word on them hitting the states yet? All I've heard of people finding them are in Canada so far.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 2, 2006, 11:38 PM »
No, no US sightings yet.  Hell, half of CAnada and most retailers here haven't seen them yet, so we'll see what happens.  I know a guy with a Mohawk McCabe that would probably trade for SW stuff.  I'll let him know you're interested on that.  I'll keep my eyes open for another Ovechkin as well.  I might find another, ya never know how these things are going to go. 

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 3, 2006, 09:02 PM »
MLB 17 pics are up at Spawn now. Really like the Nomar Cano pose, and the Rolen Chavez isn't shabby either. Kind of a weak series overall.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2006, 09:04 PM by jjks »

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 6, 2006, 11:25 AM »
MLB 17 pics are up at Spawn now. Really like the Nomar Cano pose, and the Rolen Chavez isn't shabby either. Kind of a weak series overall.

i was about to say, they look like all re-used poses with a different head....i'll still pick up beckett though...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 8, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I missed at Wally this morning.  Big boss called me into the office so I couldn't slip out and all that was left was a couple of Henrik Sedins :-\ 

Sportspicks are a horrible obsession for me.  I don't even really give a damn about them and at worst if I wait a month I'd pay $30 for a chase figure so I'm still not sure why I bother wasting my time.  Bloody addiction.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 8, 2006, 01:17 PM »
The only piece from the new NHL lineup that I'm lloking forward to is the Lundqvist.  Somehow I've managed to get the Sports Picks monkey off my back, and I'm limiting myself to local players and players that I like.  Some of the pieces in the current NFL lineup are tempting, but I think the 3-packs have been satisfying my needs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 8, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Well the purchasing of stuff for myself is pretty much off my back but not the addiction of wasting time and going looking in hopes of finding stuff.  How lame is that?  I just turn around and sell them at cost to guys either on boards or locally but it's plain silly. 

The only thing I'm looking forward to now is hockey figures really.  The NBA legends showed up locally, but only TRU is carrying them and they aren't moving well.  So I think that line is destined to die soon.  Thankfully series one satisfied most of my desires there.

NFL does little for me really.  I think the Palmer figures, regular and chase, look awesome.  I did score the Fro Moss, so that's funny, but I still think the guy's a total knob. 

Baseball figures I've never really been into, so I always ruminate on Twins figures but usually pass. 

Hockey isn't a big deal for me either now, I'm more into the Legends line than the modern stuff too.  The coming Legends line is awesome with another Orr and the Hull.  I'm really, really hoping for a WHA Jets Hull for obvious reasons.  Unfortunately I'll be out of town when it arrives, so I'll be hurting for that series.  Lots of great figures in the lineup but I'll probably stick only with Hull and Orr. 

I also have to cull the figures I have at home too, get it down to a manageable size of collection. 

Would love to have a #13 Selanne though, but that'll never happen. :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #927 on: November 8, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Would love to have a #13 Selanne though, but that'll never happen. :-\

Cheapskate.   ::)

Come on,it's just $$$.  You can squeeze a couple grand out of the toy budget for one, right?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 8, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Nope, not a chance.  I think the last one (well, the last one that was sold on the spawn board seems to have been a scam) that went legitimately was around $1200 USD or so.  That's just plain retarded for a hunk of plastic.  Besides, I have a blue #13 Selanne which I believe is a one of a kind :P  Oh sure, it's a custom but it's a mighty fine custom at that. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 8, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Sportspicks are a horrible obsession for me. I don't even really give a damn about them and at worst if I wait a month I'd pay $30 for a chase figure so I'm still not sure why I bother wasting my time. Bloody addiction.

I only collect the St. Louis Cardinals (which is still active) and I collected 1 of every Minnesota team (Torii Hunter MLB 5 w/408 wall VARIANT [Twins], Marion Gaborik [Wild], Kevin Garnett black jersey 2-pack w/Ben Wallace [Timberwolves], Randy Moss afro VARIANT [Vikings], and I picked up the Mike Madono NHL 10 VARIANT [North Stars]). Thankfully the Home Town collection is done!!! Unless they make a Puckett then I have to get him.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!