Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194832 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #510 on: February 2, 2005, 10:44 PM »
I'll give you 3 huge reasons why this fig was made:

1) Collectors wanted it big time
2) It will sell very well
3) Waiting to make him as a Legend would have cost X number of dollars since TMP would have had to negotiate w/ Deion personally for his right.  By making him while he's an active player, it costs nothing since he's part of the PA.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 11, 2005, 01:31 PM »
WOOT!  Met up with a buddy of mine yesterday and got my Super Bowl XXXIX Exclusive Fred Taylor and Byron Leftwich. NICE!  Too bad the Taylor is a Jamal Lewis repaint, and Leftwich is a Culpepper 2 repaint.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 17, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Spree and Melo club exclusives are up for any fans of McFarlane basketball figures.

Sprewell - I need to feed my family!

Carmello Anthony in a butt-ugly uni.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 17, 2005, 07:48 PM »
I picked up two of each.  I also got a backboard and 2 sets of the warehouse finds. Why do I have to be such a big basketball fan?  ???

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 17, 2005, 10:45 PM »
NHL 11 pics in the NEWS tomorrow!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 17, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Spree and Melo club exclusives are up for any fans of McFarlane basketball figures.

Sprewell - I need to feed my family!

Carmello Anthony in a butt-ugly uni.

Yawn.  The NBA line really hasn't interested me much at all.  Even one of the NBA's biggest stars, Shaquille O'Neill, wound being a pegwarmer.

I think my general level of interest in Sports Picks as a whole has declined.  There are just too many toy lines vying for my attention in general, and I think the local players have been dominating my purchases with these lines.  Well, if I can save a little money it certainly isn't a bad thing.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 17, 2005, 11:09 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  As lame as it may be, 3rd jersey Roy killed the line for me.  I'm only keeping players I really, really like.  All I have left are the following:

NFL - Bennett, Culpepper and Moss (ok, teams I like, not necessarily players)

NHL -
Selanne - Jets on Avs and Jets card, loose and blue custom
Cheevers black
Cujo - Team Canada
Brodeur - Team Canada
Belfour - blue Leafs from box set
Hossa red with corrected arm
MacInnis - may dump him yet
I may also dump the Team CAnada goalies depending on what happens with the new ones coming out.  Depends on the jerseys and poses.  I prefer dark jerseys, but will keep at least one white jersey. 
Khabibulin Jets I'll pick up too.
New legends are not that interesting to me.  Maybe Esposito and we'll see after that.  If Orr ever gets made (I think Oilers/Kings Gretzky, en masse is going to kill this line for major retailers and without them, no legends line - $2 Kings Gretzy? :o ::))

NBA - all I currently have is Pierce but he'll go once Bird is out.  Also planning on picking up Erving (please let him have an ABA afro chase) and Maravich.  The legends line is super cool, but space is so much a consideration with these.  May pick up future legends down the road and may grab a Chamberlain in hopes that Russell is released in a defensive pose to go with him.

It's not worth the effort anymore.  Jets Khabibulin will be a huge pain but I'll own one.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2005, 02:00 AM »
I think when you pair up the new Shaq with the backboard it will look awesome.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2005, 09:56 AM »
I picked up a pair of the Speefeedmyfamily and Anthony's for a buddy of mine in Illinois since he does not have the internet access during the day to order. Personally I am waiting for the 12" Nolan Ryan in Astros.

But can someone explain to me why the hell McFarlane would miss an obvious piece to make when they made the Willy Mays piece. The catch would be the coolest piece of the entire line, and one that I would even consider buying, but they ended up making him batting. WHAT #$%^ are you thinking McFarlane?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2005, 02:53 PM »
The Spawn board is down right now so hopefully they're fixing whatever problems have bogged down the board the last couple days (and updating the News w/ NHL 11 pics!!)  With no NHL 10 my collecting has been almost dead lately.  I was able to obtain a doublestar Roy Williams in trade (finally) and now I'm just waiting for the next wave of Cooperstown to hit, followed by MLB and NHL Legends.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 18, 2005, 10:25 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 18, 2005, 10:41 PM »
No Devils again.  Meh.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 19, 2005, 06:19 PM »
No Devils again.  Meh.

NHL11 is a Canadian series ;)

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 19, 2005, 07:55 PM »
TMP said yesterday that the Nieuwendyk will have an A and not a C.  Old photo I guess.  I'm only gonna get Kipper and Nieuwendyk, and hopefully Nieuwendyk has a different team chase (Flames, Stars or Devils.)  Jovo is gonna be a big time leaner in that Forsberg 2 pose.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 19, 2005, 10:14 PM »
I'd have to think there are going to be some US based team chase figures, since there was no NHL10 and to keep interest outside of Canada.  I could see a Stars chase for Nieuwendyk and a Khabibulin Coyotes chase.  In retrospect the Khabibulin has a couple of flaws - the blocker isn't right (generic) and his helmet doesn't match either one he wore while here (again, generic - probably a licensing issue).  But since we don't even have a team anymore, I'll keep my bitching limited.  Wondering what the hot chase piece will be.

Saw in the 20 answers (or more than...) that there was a question regarding ABA jerseys and Mark hinted at the possibility.  I'm thinking we'll see a Julius Erving ABA chase figure.  That would be really cool.   8)