Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194337 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #570 on: June 9, 2005, 04:23 PM »
I hate you now Brent.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Ha, we're even.

Not that I can promise anything, but does anyone down south need help with NHL11?  I've had notoriously bad luck with the Canadian only series, so I see no reason for it not to continue (lots of extra scalpers on these series).  That and I used my luck up on NBA Legends already.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Brent, you scored a Nets Doctor J?  If you score another I would definitely consider trading my She-Hulk to you.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Yeah, I scored one.  I'll hunt for another for sure. 

Mmmm, green...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 11, 2005, 05:00 PM »
Hey Brent - The only NHL 11 I want is the regular Kiprusoff and a chase Nieuwendyk (blue Leafs uni.)  LMK if you spot one and I'm an opener so the only thing I care about is the paint job.

Mark Weber confirmed yesterday that there is NO Jovanovski chase in this series.  This is by far one of the weakest series of any sport to date.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 05:01 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Kipper should be no problem.  I'll see what I can do about the chase Nieuwy.

The vultures are severely circling on this one.  Everybody's panties get in a huge bunch for the Canadian only series as their eyes glaze over with dreams of ebay glory ::)

The only thing I want is a regular and a chase of Khabibulin, because I can pretty much guarantee it will be the last WInnipeg Jets figure they ever make.  I guess if they ever made a Numminen figure for the Coyotes they could do a Jets chase, or maybe a Hawerchuk in the Legends line, but I doubt legends will last that long ;)

They aren't out in Winnipeg yet, even though they're in most markets already.  Hoping to see them on Monday or thereabouts.  Should have Kipper by the end of the week.  I guess Nieuwendyk too if I'm going to get my hands on one. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 20, 2005, 12:26 PM »
I've arranged for your Kipper thus far but no luck with Nieuwy.  Yet.  I'll get him. 

Funny thing happened today.  Box arrived on my desk about the right size for a McFarlane fig.  Didn't make any trades, but I recognized the name on the front.  Open it up and inside is a nice, white Khabibulin :o  Totally unsolicited from a guy named Brew who some of you know from snowtroopers.ca and others know from spawn.com.  Way cool start to the week 8)

Also found a white Walton, one genuinely butt ugly figure. :P

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 20, 2005, 02:21 PM »

You mean teenwolf.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2005, 04:28 PM »

You mean teenwolf.   :P

Yes! :D  That's it exactly, the Marty McFly does roundball figure.  LOL.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 21, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Figures, I arrange a trade to get a white Bird and I find one in the store tonight.  Walmart, 9 pm.  Weird :-\  Only chase I haven't found in this line is the Chamberlain.  Also weird.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 21, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Damn you Brent!  You're taking all the SP mojo away from me.   :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 21, 2005, 06:40 PM »
Funny thing happened today.  Box arrived on my desk about the right size for a McFarlane fig.  Didn't make any trades, but I recognized the name on the front.  Open it up and inside is a nice, white Khabibulin :o  Totally unsolicited from a guy named Brew who some of you know from snowtroopers.ca and others know from spawn.com.  Way cool start to the week 8)

Very cool story Brent.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 22, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Hey Brent - The only NHL 11 I want is the regular Kiprusoff and a chase Nieuwendyk (blue Leafs uni.)  LMK if you spot one and I'm an opener so the only thing I care about is the paint job.

Have a nice Kiprusoff for you right now.  Just having no luck yet on the chase.  Only one retailer left, so I should know in a day or two whether I'll stumble into a Nieuwendyk for you. 

I actually found my first regular Khabibulin today at retail.  It's been unreal around town, tons of everything but.  Apparently one of the flea market guys has about 40 on a table ::)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 22, 2005, 10:09 PM »
So I go to Walmart and after picking up a Clone 3-pack I walk thru the aisles.  I notice some basketball SPs and low and behold its a new case of series 7 on the peg.  I picked up the red Carter, but I'm thinking to myself are they just putting out series 7 now?  This is the first time I saw this series at this Walamrt, so I guess so.  Anyone's Walmart doing the samething?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 22, 2005, 10:35 PM »
7?? :o  Wow, that's old.  Only one I found from that series was a red Carter as well.  Pretty funny to find it too.  I picked it up at TRU, where I've found precisely three variants in four years and it was at 10:30 in the morning.  Found a ton of LOTR for a buddy at the same time.  I was dropping stuff left and right on the floor, sort of embarassing but lots of fun.