Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194645 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #930 on: November 8, 2006, 04:33 PM »
I'm hoping for a Puckett, in the air against the wall specifically.  He'll have to be a new sculpt though ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #931 on: November 8, 2006, 05:16 PM »
When do they usually announce the line up for the NFL Legends, I need me a Joe Namath figure.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2006, 11:32 PM »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 11, 2006, 04:17 AM »
Wow! Thats pretty cool and $60 is not bad considering they could of easily charged $100. Here's hoping they do a football field as well. Id love a Heinz Field one.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 11, 2006, 08:31 PM »
But if you buy 2 it doesn't cover the entire set of ice. It would be nice if they did that. Football field would deffinately be sweet. Baseball will NEVER happen. Too many differences in the designes.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #935 on: November 12, 2006, 09:57 AM »
That is pretty incredible. Too bad trhey didnt do it where two sets would have been the entire thing, but here's hoping for a football field.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 12, 2006, 01:24 PM »
But if you buy 2 it doesn't cover the entire set of ice. It would be nice if they did that.

I'd have to see it up close, but the distance between the blue line and end line should be about the same as between two blue lines on a sheet of ice.  If you could construct it and leave off the end boards you should have the right size and the pieces should lock up pretty well.  You'd have to repaint it but I think it could be done.  I'm guessing we'll see a custom within a couple of weeks of delivery.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 14, 2006, 02:40 PM »
SPAWN.com is reporting the following...

MCFARLANE TO OPEN FLAGSHIP RETAIL STORE
More Than 2,000 Square Feet of Pure McFarlane
November 14, 2006
Copyright 2006 TMP International, Inc.

We are excited to announce that McFarlane Toys will soon be opening a retail store at the high-end, soon-to-be-completed Westgate City Center in Glendale, Ariz. Slated to open its doors early 2007, this 2,000+ square ft. store promises to be all McFarlane, all the time. In addition to carrying the full line of available McFarlane toys, the McFarlane store will also serve as a venue for exclusive autograph signings and special events.

We've been working with architects and designers to make sure every detail is perfect -- and we all know what a perfectionist Todd is. The final result will be a pop culture Mecca quite unlike anything else. The store's tag line says it all:

The Difference Is Real.

The Westgate City Center, located adjacent to the University of Phoenix Stadium, new home of the Arizona Cardinals, and the Jobing.com Arena, home of the Phoenix Coyotes, has been called the "crown jewel" of new sports venue complexes, the most exciting "urban, mixed use vision" of the new century. Expected to become the leading retail destination in Arizona, with a projected 22 million visitors per year, the new McFarlane store will be a vital part of this eclectic mix of retail and restaurant merchants.

"With ongoing growth in the Phoenix-metro area, we were looking for a place that is new and vibrant," says McFarlane Toys CEO and creative force Todd McFarlane. "I believe that Westgate is a terrific addition to the valley, will be a major tourist attraction and overall will expand our customer base."

---------------------------------------------------

I see this as the end of retailers selling McFarlane. This venture will make getting the rare/variants even harder to impossible to get. McFarlane obviously hasn't been reading the news articles about KB Toy store, TRU and other Specialty stores having problems competing with Target, Wal-Mart, etc. Paying mall rent will drive prices up and people will either stop collecting that stuff all together due to lack of availability, or refusal to pay higher prices. This is by far the worst thing that McFarlane can be doing (IMHO).
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 14, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Yet another in Arizona? WTF?  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 14, 2006, 04:11 PM »
I'm not too keen on the notion myself, but there's little left that I want from TMP anyway.  Kirby Puckett would be about it.  I can't see him doing any more Winnipeg Jets, save the Bobby Hull which might or might not have a Jets variant and that will already have been decided. 

I'm inclined to see this as problematic for the lines in general, the store will need something to draw people in and it will probably be a greater availability of variants but that will be accompanied by higher pricing, no doubt to offset the retail costs associated with the store. 

Arizona isn't exactly helpful.  I'd like to live there too, but I don't. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 14, 2006, 11:16 PM »
I dig the rink.  But why did they have to pollute it with all of those Dead Wings and Maple Leafs?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 17, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Does anyone have a TRU that has the Steelers 3 pack? Ive only found the Giants and Pats.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:06 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 17, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Does anyonme have a TRU that has the Steelers 3 pack? Ive only found the Giants and Pats.

There were a few at a TRU near me a couple of days ago, Robb.  You need me to grab you one?  If so, it won't be until Monday at the earliest as I'm going away for the weekend. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 17, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Does anyone have a TRU that has the Steelers 3 pack? Ive only found the Giants and Pats.

There were a few at a TRU near me a couple of days ago, Robb.  You need me to grab you one?  If so, it won't be until Monday at the earliest as I'm going away for the weekend. 

Yes please.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #944 on: November 17, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Saw several NHL Series 13 figs today at TRU....

Joe Thornton, Alex Tanguay, Henrik Lundqvist & Dany Heatley
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird