Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge #15 - UGP Security Forces  (Read 38761 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge #15?
« Reply #30 on: July 3, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Thats why I said to go wild. Just do the custom you want to. Do n't worry about which parts to use. Have fun designing this, well, figure out what to do afterward. I do not want anyone to be limited because of potential fodder.

I understand where youre coming from as far as that goes however. But dont worry about that. If we have to make subtle changes to make the rest of them look the same next month then so be it. Were customisers we make the impossible look easy. ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 3, 2006, 04:51 PM »
That's true too.  Just make whatever you want for this, and we'll decide what seems to work best for the planet, based  on design and fodder available.

For a security force though, I am thinking the planet won't need a legion, just a squad.  The Stormtrooper ranks should outnumber the local security I think.

:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 6, 2006, 11:37 PM »
BUMP!!!!   :o

Ok, I think we are going with the idea of a Custom Security Force figure for the planet in the Ultimate Group Project.  We all make our own custom figure for this, and then we will decide which design we like best, and link it to the Group Project for an upcoming month.

Jeff - can we make this a sticky topic?  Also I sent you a PM regarding some of this in conjunction with another idea, but I don't know if you have had a chance to get to it.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Im going to bump this up so everyone knows that this is the thread to post the Security force entries in. ;) ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 07:33 PM »
I might be able to get a start on mine tonight.   :)

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Not the best pictures in the world, but i'll post more soon. Sorry about not posting WIP Pics, but im usually working at these early in the morning (which is just about the only time im free to do them) so i forget  :P

Judde Lulos Security Force

This is a Security Force Solider. I assumed he would be the grunt part of the security force. I set him up sort of like a  "rent-a-cop" cause i figured the imperials wouldn't want a bunch of indigenious troops running around with big weapons whether they were collaborators or not. He has a Comm link, a small blaster pistol, and a baton. He has the power to call for imperial help and bully civilians, but thats about it  :P

RECIPE:
Head-BOB,Ultimate soldier XD(which would actually make a pretty cool Kal skirata head  :P)
Body- Garindan
boots-clone pilot ROTS
Pistol+holster- Evo clone ep3
Helmet- BOB,Ultimate soldier XD
Baton-captain piett POTF2
Comm reciever on helmet- General veers AT-AT commander helmet
comm link-garindan

I figured an officer would be needed, but i could find appropriate head gear for him.  :-\  he is basically meant to communicate to the imperial garrison all of the "going ons" around the city such as civilians to watch out for and things like that.

RECIPE:
Head-Obi wan Ep1 (modified)
Body- Count Dooku Cinema Scene
Hands- Ric oliee'
Stun Pistol- modified Senate security rifle
Binders- Evo ep2 anakin accesory

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Jeff - can we make this a sticky topic? 

Sorry it took so long... been a bit distracted this month.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 06:05 PM »
No problem Jeff!   ;)

Commander_Miseria - Nice idea for Security forces.  I like the consistent paint scheme and the difference in outfits - it's subtle but adds more life to them.   Very good work and a great entry, especially making two of them helps make it seem more realistic.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 07:21 PM »
This is my concept for a security force officer for the UGP. I decided to keep the concept simple, using easily accessable parts, so it can be replicated. I wanted the Security Force Officer to have the look of a cop with some Imperial elements.
LMK what you think.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 09:53 PM »
I like your secuirty force idera fritzkrieg! He looks very "generic sci fi movie" I love it!  8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Very cool looking Fritz.  Maybe a bit too many Joe parts; however, I think its a great looking figure.  If we went with something like this.  Maybe we could save some money and have one of our resident master mold makers cast some parts (especially guns and helmets).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 12:35 AM »
I think it looks really good Fritz.  It will take a great entry to top that.  I think that it has a GI JOE and Star Wars element to it, and he kind of reminds me of Robocop! Great use of parts.

And, here is my entry for the Monthly Customizing Challenge this month -

head - SAGA2 Death Star Gunner
helmet - SAGA2 Death Star Gunner
body - VSTC Scout Trooper
blaster - VSTC Scout Trooper
staff - VSTC Sandtrooper
shield - SAGA McQuarrie Stormtrooper

Not too much to it, which is what I was going for.  Something simple with no painting involved.  That way if it wins the choice security force, it would be a piece of cake replicating it.  And I really don't think these parts are too hard to come by, or won't be soon as I know the Death Star Gunner just came out.  Very simple to put together... nothing to it really.  And at first I wasn't going to go for an Imperial look, but I just couldn't help it.  I thought it would help show the Empire's Iron Fist and wanted to go with something really simple so anyone who wanted to make one wouldn't have any problem doing it.  And of course, not all of them would need shields.  Heck, Glassman migth even be able to cast some.

Hope you guys like and curious to hear your thoughts.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 07:42 PM »
It looks decent... I actually can't say I'm too thrilled with this one. Sorry Justin. :-\

The part choice is excellent, you can hardly go wrong with DS gunner and VTSC Scout parts. I was planning something similar if I can find another gunner. But I'm not really liking the contast between black helmet and gloves and the white armor. I think my real gripe with this one though, is that it looks too Imperial. These guys are supposed to be locals helping the Imperials, not Imperials themselves.  I think that it'd look better if you were to remove the Imperial logo and maybe use the logo Vator made, or make your own. And I think the armor's color could be changed up so it isn't all white or black, they seem to be the two main Imperial Armor colors. I think a navy blue and white scheme could look pretty cool. You could at least change the helmet so it is white instead of black.

It makes sense that the Police would use Imperial styled armor if they are being supplied by the Empire, but they'd change up the uniforms and logos. When the US supplies another country's military, they use our stuff, but they alter the colors and logos to fit their own nation's uniforms, that way they aren't wearing US uniforms around.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:49 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Here's my WIP on a potential Security Guard.  I went with Chewie's "minimalist" approach in making this guy easy to reproduce and not use too many different parts.

The recipe is pretty straight forward:

Head - Firespeeder Pilot
Torso - Garindan
Arms - Garindan
Holster - Garindan
Bandolier - Hem Dazon
Legs - Firespeeder Pilot

Now, my question for the group.  What color should I paint this?  Paint the torso to match the arms or the legs to match the torso or paint the lower torso and legs completely different?

I'm also thinking about adding a bit of greenstuff to cover up the slight gaps in the inner thighs. 

Any thoughts and/or advice on how to proceed?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Here's my entry:

Recipe (not a whole lot of thought went in, just pieces I had that seemed to work):
Body- POTF2 Garindan
Head- OTC Luke Bespin with sculpted 'stache
Helmet- some SWAT helmet cut down a bit
Chest- POTF2 Sandtrooper Pauldron turned sideways
Belt and leg belt- pieces from ML Omega Red

Paint was black wash followed by grey drybrush
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:14 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke