Author Topic: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...  (Read 21191 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Not unlike some of the others who have already contributed to this thread, I didn't know Shannon very well. Read a post here, had a brief conversation with her in the chatroom there...but inspite of that, Shannon's reputation and composure at JD and GH endeared her to not only myself, but to the entire collecting community.

Shannon, you will be greatly missed by all those who knew you. My thoughts go out to your Familiy, and especially to your son. May they take care during these times of sorrow.

Goodbye, Shannon, and good luck.  :'(
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 05:49 PM »
I didn't know Shannon (Princess), bu I saw her posts throughout the forums.  Always a pleasure having a lady's point of view on our crazy hobby.  After reading about her passing, I wanted to at least give my condolences to her family.  For her to be a part of our happy community will always be an honor.

She was a real Wonder Woman. 

May you rest in peace, Shannon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:53 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 06:05 PM »
I too send my heartfelt condolences to Aidan & Shannon's family. A day later & I still stare into space, just lost for words. 

Rest in peace Shannon.

:'(

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 07:10 PM »
I read the news earlier this morning at work but couldn't post until now.  While I didn't have the honor of meeting Shannon personally, it almost felt like I did know her through her spirit on the boards here.  The world is a much darker place without her in it and wherever she is now is a lot better for having her. 

Farewell, Shannon.  Peace be with you.   :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Shannon I first met a while before Celebration 3, and immediately I knew this was a girl that would fit in with the best of them in the Star Wars community.  She was quick-witted, always willing to drop her opinion, she was a sweetheart to everyone she talked to, and most of all she was a friend to a lot of people in the overall Star Wars community.

I got the chance to meet her at Celebration 3 where she was making everyone crack up and smile.  Her shirt still has me laughing.  It's hard to believe that was only a year ago now.  My family and I send our deepest sympathies to Shannon's family and friends at this time, and I hope she's at peace now.  I pray for her son at this time who has the hardest burden and hope for him the strength to cope with his loss. 

Shannon is a dear part of this community and she'll be truly missed whether anyone knew her well, or only in passing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Having only chatted with Shannon once or twice on the board, I cannot say I knew her well, if at all. But having read her posts during her fight with cancer, I can say her courageous spirit and will to live were quite enviable and inspiring to everyone. My condolences go out to her friends and family, especially her son, during this time.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Shannon was a dear friend of mine. She and I communicated outside the boards quite frequently, and she was always there to give me advice and comfort when it came to my problems, however small they now seem. She was always cheery, and listened to my opinions whenever she had a question.

Unfortunately her passing came much sooner than any of us could imagine, and it is most heartbreaking. The only true consolation any of us can share right now is that she is no longer in pain, and she's moved on to bigger and better things.

She was a very strong woman, and I know that has passed on to her son, and one day when he understands more, he'll know that his mother was a strong woman, and that she had such wonderful friends like Tracy who could be with her in her final hours.

Shannon will always be in our hearts and memories. She was a true friend in the dearest sense, always worrying about every one else, so selflessly. Her example will live on, through her son, and through the ones she knew.

Keep the faith.

Kevin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 09:08 PM by Famine »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Wow, this is awful news. I wish I could of been lucky enough to meet her in person. Shannon always had good things to say here on the boards. She will be missed.

My prayers go out to her family.  :'(
I remember my dream now.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 09:02 PM »
My sympathies go out to Shannon's family in real life and all of her good friends here.  I didn't know her nearly as well as some of you, but when I met her at C3 she seemed like a really nice person and she's always been an outgoing and friendly member of this community.

Hearing that her struggle is over is terrible news, but I hope she's gone to a better place.

Got Clones?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 09:44 PM »
I went and saw Shannon's little boy Aidan this evening.  He won the BHC Survior game at GH and received a couple of packages today so we took them over to him.  He was doing very well -- was very excited to open up all of his Star Wars goodies.  Kids are really amazing.  He's had his moments -- but he was very affectionate and very happy tonight.  I just wanted everyone to know that he's doing okay. :)  I feel so much better now that I've seen him again.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 10:51 PM »
I went and saw Shannon's little boy Aidan this evening.  He won the BHC Survior game at GH and received a couple of packages today so we took them over to him.  He was doing very well -- was very excited to open up all of his Star Wars goodies.  Kids are really amazing.  He's had his moments -- but he was very affectionate and very happy tonight.  I just wanted everyone to know that he's doing okay. :)  I feel so much better now that I've seen him again.

Still need to send my package out  to him so he has at least one more package to receive from winning that game that his mom had him in. 

Just wondering if JD is sending flowers for her  if so I gladly will help with them. 

Reading what others have said about her makes me wish I had met her at C3.

Offline Brad Reynolds

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
shannon
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 11:03 PM »
some of you might know me, for those of you that don't, my name is Brad Reynolds.  Shannon was my exwife and mother of our son aidan.  She was a wonderful woman and freind.  I would like to say thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
Aidan is doing ok.  He love the star wars toys he got today.   Here is a link to a few pictures from today.  the family pic is the last picture that I know of to be taken of shannon.  It was on May 26, 2006.  Feel free to email me if you have and thought or questions,  also if any of you have photos of shannon I would like to have a copy to put into an album for aidan. 
www.photobucket.com/albums/h303/ricollie/Aidan/

bradreynolds@sbcglobal.net

With much love and appreciation,
Brad & Aidan
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:07 PM by Brad Reynolds »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: shannon
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Brad, this is mighty big of you. Much appreciation, and I'm sure others will help out your cause.

Thank you.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 11:33 PM »
Hi Brad, Welcome to JD & Thank You for coming here.  :)

I see Adian received my parcel, I see the Spudtrooper.  :)

Our thoughts & prayers are with Adian, you & family.

Dale.

Offline Brad Reynolds

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 11:41 PM »
He knows what the spudtrooper is thats for sure.  I called him mr. potato head and he corrected me.

Brad