Author Topic: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?  (Read 14757 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Way back in the early 80s my buddy and I were going to walk out of Time Rider (Look it up...) but then the  movie just kind of ended.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2005, 01:19 PM »
^ A week or so ago I slept through Casablanca in my Intro to Film class. Most of the films we've seen so far are interesting to one degree or another, but I've never seen Casablanca and it just doesn't appeal.

I don't have to worry about it being on a test because everything in the course is take-home essays; if need be I could rent the DVD and watch it.

Casablana is a "How to write a screenplay" movie. I you like movies, you won't regret watching this.

I kind of had a similar thing with Citizen Kane, but instead of sleelping through it, a couple of guys in the class and I skipped it to go skiing. I don't regreat skiing, but I do regret not watching the movie. I never saw Citizen Kane until 10 years later when my friend got it for me as a gift. IMO, it's one if the finest films ever made and I was kicking myself for going so long having never seen it.

On Topic:

I've only ever walked out of movies where other people are talking or had brought babies.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2005, 03:18 PM »
I like most of  the Pixar movies and Shrek was decent, but I couldn't stand Roots I didn't laugh once and I didn't like the characters, so I left.

I thought it was good.  LeVar Burton did a great job, and I don't think it was necessarily intended to be funny.  The CGI animation was incredible though; they looked like real people and that was a huge accomplishment for the late 1970's.  :D

Sorry, just poking fun at the typo, SLC.  That being said, DreamWorks Animation films don't appeal to me at all.  The thing that makes Pixar's films so incredibly special isn't the animation but the plots of the films.  I don't think DWA has realized that just because something is computer animated, it doesn't mean it's good, box office receipts for "Madagascar" notwithstanding.

It's cool I walked right into that one. :-X ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005, 06:33 PM »
I was real close to walking out of "Chicago."  That one made me crazy.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Casablana is a "How to write a screenplay" movie. I you like movies, you won't regret watching this.

Yeah, I know I should watch it one of these days. That day was just not a good time. ;)

I kind of had a similar thing with Citizen Kane, but instead of sleelping through it, a couple of guys in the class and I skipped it to go skiing. I don't regreat skiing, but I do regret not watching the movie. I never saw Citizen Kane until 10 years later when my friend got it for me as a gift. IMO, it's one if the finest films ever made and I was kicking myself for going so long having never seen it.

Indeed. We saw Citizen Kane in the same course. I was curious to see it since it's so famous, but frankly I wasn't expecting a lot out of it. I was pleasantly surprised however.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #50 on: July 1, 2005, 12:07 AM »
On one of the first dates my wife and I went on, we elected to see "The Pest" with John Leguizamo (sp?).  20 minutes later, we were on our way home.  I still can't fathom why we thought we might want to see that one.

John
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 12:11 AM by JohnH »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 1, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Confessions of a Dangerous mind. I went with 3 friends and they hated it so we left after about 15 minutes and saw Darkness Falls instead.. just walked in..
Mind you we actually sat through that  one...bleh..

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #52 on: July 1, 2005, 01:11 AM »
I almost walked out of the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The movie made me a little queasy.

But then Leatherface started chopping some handsome people up, and that made me feel better, oddly enough.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #53 on: July 1, 2005, 01:28 AM »
Exit to Eden.

I can endure bad movies. Sometimes I cherish them. I couldn't take Exit to Eden.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 1, 2005, 01:31 AM »
Frequency.

My wife and I walked because it was so far removed from the trailer used to promote the film. The movie was fair in my book - not great, almost poor - but she was disgusted by the plot and felt misled. So we fled.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 1, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Frequency.

My wife and I walked because it was so far removed from the trailer used to promote the film. The movie was fair in my book - not great, almost poor - but she was disgusted by the plot and felt misled. So we fled.

Bummer. A lot of people I know, twenty - thrity something males, hold that movie very dear to their hearts. But, I can see why some people wouldn't like it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 1, 2005, 02:32 PM »
I walked out of Cable Guy. Boy that movie sucked!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Bump?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2009, 10:33 AM »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I think the only movie I have ever walked out of is Robots (That animated flick a few years back.) We were waiting for it to get funny and it never did, after about half an hour or an hour we got up and left.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:11 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."